The Shark!!!!

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
I am in the middle of a very long sleepless haul all in the name of the great white Shark! I am so excited about the final round I have been getting up early or staying up late for the 4 golf majors since I was about 7 or 8, the fact I play the sport probably helps in me finding it exciting. Have been a fan of Greg's forever one of the main reasons I watched and started to play, he won his last major when I was first watching. His aggressive style and sheer dominance of the sport (despite some glaring final round major capitulations) is the reason this country has now more than ever such a strong contingent of players in the worlds top 100.

To see him become the oldest major winner ever in such horrid conditions when he very very rarely even plays competitive golf anymore and is only at Birkdale to warm up for the Senior British Open next week at Troon, it would go down in my eyes as the greatest sporting moment I have ever witnessed. It will beat Thorpe mowing down Gary Hall Jnr in the 4x100 Free relay or any Broncos grand final or any Barcelona triumph. He is the icon of the game here and it would be such an amazing feat and story for him to do it. [icon_pray.

It certainly is tense - Shark out to +7 now but still tied for the lead. I reckon the thing he has in his favour is that there is no expectation on him to win this event, he just needs to stay calm and maybe it will be survival of the fittest.

Agree with you comments about his status in the game - too many people only remember the last round capitulations, Norman is a legend of the game and blazed the trails for the new young generation of aussie golfers who are now taking the world by storm!

Did you watch any of this Coxy? The guy is a part time golfer now and led a field of the world's best golfers for 63 of the 72 holes in some of the toughEst conditions seen in a major for some time. Sure, he played some poor shots in the last round but it was a huge effort by Norman to put himself in contention over the first 3 days of the tournament. The winner played some awesome golf over the last couple of holes and Norman had no choice but to rip it and try and make as many birdies as he could.

Well done Greg Norman, for a bloke who was 500-1 to win a tournament he played while still on his honeymoon it was a champion effort!

Led by 2 shots going into the final round and finished 3rd.
Choke.

Doesn't matter how much you try and polish a turd, it's still a turd :P

Credit where it's due, he shouldn't have even been up there going into the last round. He should've missed the cut like he has in just about every tournament this century. Must've been feeling pretty rejuvenated bonking Chris Evert.

Coxy said:
He should've missed the cut like he has in just about every tournament this century.quote]

Actually Norman has a fantastic record in the major championships:

Cuts made - 86/101 (85%)
30 Top 10 finishes in major championships

The guy has been #1 in the world for 330 weeks and is worth 1 billion dollars - doubt he's a choker

Yeah, good on him. He was great, once.
It'd be interesting to see Greg Norman in his prime vs Tiger Woods in his prime.

Norman should stick to developing golf courses and walking out on his family. He's good at both of those :P

A little harsh don't you think? Did he hit your dog or something?

Coxy - I am sure the Sharks knows that he has lost some big opportunities to win some big tournaments but can't take anything away from the fact that he is an Australian legend and put up a trememdous effort at the British Open this time in. Champion!

You know guys hes fishing right, and seriously you ate it hook line and sinker.

GO GREGGLES

I know Cocksy far too well now to even bother with his Michael Ennis style forum tactics.

Active Now

• Broncos Maestro
  • winslow_wong
  • Old Mate
  • theshed
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • I bleed Maroon
  • johnyE
  • Robboi_321
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.