The silence is deafening from the old boys

Look at the team Pies took over and look at the one Kevvie took over - there has to be more of an element of lee-way when you think about it like this.

For sure and to be honest, I think all of us want Kevvie to succeed and the same cannot be said of Seibold. Kevvie is so likeable and you can see he is trying his best, even if his best ends up not being good enough.

Kevvie certainly deserves some leeway and especially while dealing with this horribly assembled squad which is not of his doing at all. However what fans want to see is progress and evidence of structures / improvement being put in place. There have definitely been elements of that at times this year right up to the Roosters game. Since then though, the team has started to freefall on the back of some needless and unnecessary team changes.

Kevvie will hopefully learn though and stop making some of the mistakes he has made. He has earned the leeway of until the middle of next year for mine.

criticising Kevin Walters' coaching.

They all had the pitchforks burning for Sebold & wanted their mate Kevin as coach.

Well he is coach & IMO, we are getting worse & not a peep out of Tallis, Renouf etc.
This is a nothing post IMO, walters has inherited Seibolds team. The squad is probably worse than last year because of players that left the club. We are a lot better than last year IMO, we are just still very inconsistent. Walters has next year to prove himself, all I know is you definitely cannot judge this year on Walters, he is experimenting and rebuilding the shit show he was dealt with.

The old boys are silent because the media are stitched up and won't give them air.

I don't know what its going to take to wake Broncos fans up that the NRL, the Broncos board and the media are purposefully dismantling the team to make way for a second Brisbane team.

Why do you think Seibold booted them all last year? Because they would blow the whistle!

That game against the Raiders was just another atrocious case of match fixing - six-agains in the first half designed to take all the wind out of any team, and then the Kobe Hetherington send-off?!

Wake up people.

Look at my post referring to Controlled Demolition.

you want to hear vocal ... wait until we either sack or not renew his contract. it will make it seem like they were in a library when talking about Seibold

IMO, you should only consider sacking your coach in the first 2 years under exceptional circumstances (like Seibold) ... especially if that team is the reigning wooden spooners.

3rd year is the money year. it takes time to implement your systems and have the team play them consistently. it takes time, to move on players and get the team you want.

IMO, you should only consider sacking your coach in the first 2 years under exceptional circumstances (like Seibold) ... especially if that team is the reigning wooden spooners.

3rd year is the money year. it takes time to implement your systems and have the team play them consistently. it takes time, to move on players and get the team you want.
I think we’ll know by the end of next season what we’ve got with Kev, and will rightfully extend his contract or not accordingly. I think the club should be exploring all options though, on the off chance a proven coach wants the challenge.

I think the most important thing Kev can do is recruit a good leadership group before the preseason. Reynolds is a good start, and of all the possibly still available rumours if Kev can get Hodgson and Capewell that’s a huge start. All smart footy players who play to a high standard and will set a good cultural standard. I think at a minimum we need 1 more established spine member and if that’s not Hodgson I guess it has to be Johnson.

Those few changes should do a lot for the team’s fabric. Kev will also need to quickly find out how to fix the defence.

They won’t sack Kevin and the new Brisbane franchise will get the best coach available paid for with NRL allocated funds. I agree with other posters - we got what we got and will have for a long stretch.

Kev does deserve time with a team he's actually put together. Unfortunately this should have been done years ago but we wasted time with the other dick head. There's definitely been improvement at times, but we are regressing again and it's not entirely on Kevvie. He shouldn't have to coach players to read the refs mind or how to hold onto a footy. That's on the individual players. He doesn't have the squad to drop everyone who fails to do that and that's on Nolan and the board.

Walters needed to surround himself with the best assistants and he's failed himself by not doing that. How we continuously fail to bring in the best people for the job with all the money we have is a joke.

Walters, Michael Hagan, Neil Henry and Cameron Smith with Hodges there every few days to put the boys in their place. Wayne Bennett being a scout/negotiating chip and helping Walters where necessary. This is all affordable for the Broncos. DD would have been great if we replaced the other idiots on the board with people who want the club to succeed on the field, not Manly fans and people who don't give a shit.

I just don't get it..

The old boys are silent because the media are stitched up and won't give them air.

I don't know what its going to take to wake Broncos fans up that the NRL, the Broncos board and the media are purposefully dismantling the team to make way for a second Brisbane team.

Why do you think Seibold booted them all last year? Because they would blow the whistle!

That game against the Raiders was just another atrocious case of match fixing - six-agains in the first half designed to take all the wind out of any team, and then the Kobe Hetherington send-off?!

Wake up people.

Look at my post referring to Controlled Demolition.
Yep, Seibold booted all the old boys, except Locky, Alfie, Corey Parker, Jack Reed, Jharal Yow Yeh, Matt Gillett, Peter Ryan, Michael Hancock, Scott Prince and Justin Hodges…

Oh and of course himself…

Don’t let facts get in the way of your agenda.

In what fucking reality is Cameron Smith coming here to coach in any capacity?
None.

The 78 times he rejected anything to do with us, is not enough evidence for some people to realise that he doesn’t want anything to do with us… Same with Bellamy.

They call these people - simps.

Unfortunately our own club has been victim of that too. They have just kept putting their chin out, waiting for Smith / Bellamy to land yet one more haymaker, right on their kisser.

It’s disgusting that that has been our main “plan” for a decade or more and the simps are still clinging onto that idea as our “hope” that Smith / Bellamy might sign…

Yeah, nah…

None.

The 78 times he rejected anything to do with us, is not enough evidence for some people to realise that he doesn’t want anything to do with us… Same with Bellamy.

Unfortunately our own club has been victim of that too. They have just kept putting their chin out, waiting for Smith / Bellamy to land yet one more haymaker, right on their kisser.

It’s disgusting that that has been our main “plan” for a decade or more and the simps are still clinging onto that idea as our “hope” that Smith / Bellamy might sign…

Yeah, nah…

He and Bellamy will never coach/advise against the Storm. It's their dirty legacy, in large part built on Broncos sorrow.

In what fucking reality is Cameron Smith coming here to coach in any capacity?
The reality where we have more money than anyone, he lives down the street and can build upon his legacy by being the full time coach of the Brisbane Broncos, earning millions along the way. He can also write another book about it.

He and Bellamy will never coach/advise against the Storm. It's their dirty legacy, in large part built on Broncos sorrow.
Indeed. It’s pathetic some people (including our club bosses) can’t see that though.

They’ve offered them both millions over the years and they’ve said no every single time…

The reality where we have more money than anyone, he lives down the street and can build upon his legacy by being the full time coach of the Brisbane Broncos, earning millions along the way. He can also write another book about it.
That’s what we’re talking about. There is ZERO chance of that. Neither he or Bellamy want anything to do with us.

There is more chance of him coaching the Titans than us.

None.

Yeah, nah…
Pretty dishonest considering my thoughts on both Smith and Bellamy coming over the last decade. I believe Smith could be an option as an assistant because he likes money and we have it. Plus it looks like the Storm are aiming for Jason Ryles as their future coach.

As always though, a lot of criticism of what others think could fix the Broncos and not a lot of answers. I'm more curious about how you guys think we could improve instead of arguing about my 4th choice assistant.

Pretty dishonest considering my thoughts on both Smith and Bellamy coming over the last decade. I believe Smith could be an option as an assistant because he likes money and we have it. Plus it looks like the Storm are aiming for Jason Ryles as their future coach.

As always though, a lot of criticism of what others think could fix the Broncos and not a lot of answers. I'm more curious about how you guys think we could improve instead of arguing about my 4th choice assistant.
I just think it’s a fools errand even considering Smith. The fact that the club still talks about he and Bellamy is a disgrace. They’ve been given more than enough chances, it’s time to move on and forget about them. It’s like a guy asking the same girl out 10 times, she says no 10 times, and he is still hoping she will go out with him.

The answer of course is to find some pride and self-respect and fucking move on. But our club can’t apparently.

Two realistic moves I think would offer near term improvement -

1. Sack Nolan and find at least a capable head of recruitment.

2. Sign Neil Henry as an assistant under Kevin.

He's gone to Nine. Sorted for coin I would imagine given the history there.

He doesn't want us to succeed, it's that simple.

In terms of improvement - Neil Henry perhaps, Hodges yes. Don't get cut if your suggestions get criticized. I think we are all universally in agreement the board/higher ups need to go and we start from there, but good luck with that.

Active Now

• Hoof Hearted
  • FACTHUNT
  • Browny
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Justwin
  • Old Mate
  • kiwi2
  • Bish
  • GCBRONCO
  • mieko
  • Organix
  • Midean
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • broncsgoat
  • Fozz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
  • eggstar10
  • Strop
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.