NEWS The Skipper speaks

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Adam Reynolds speaks on a number of things, including what went wrong in 2022 and how to fix it.

Disclaimer: I'm only going to post Reynolds comments and the topic, i'm going to leave out Crawley's attempts to make it seem like there is a divide between ARey and Kevvie (on football matters)

On the fade out and fixing it

“I don’t know if you put it down to attitude.

“I think it is an easy thing to say when you are losing games, to blame it on attitude.”

“For us it is just about getting the most out of our pre-season,” he continued, in his first major interview since returning to training.

“Obviously we have got new players at the club and we are trying to create combinations where we can get better across the board.

“We are a bit more ahead of where we were last year at this stage, so it is a step in the right direction.”

[re: capitulation] “Obviously it is something we have spoken about as a team and we have addressed it,”

“I think the understanding of our game plan (has to be better). Players knowing their role and doing their job.”

He also said there would be a strong focus on defence this pre-season.

“Defence wins comps,” he said.

On Walsh

“I don’t think we will see him in the halves,”

“He is pretty good out the back,” he said of Walsh.

“We have had a couple of sessions already and things are moving pretty nicely.

“It is just about continually working on our relationship both on and off the field, and making sure we have got the chemistry so we can click when it counts.”

On Herbie

“We just have to find out what works best for us as a club,” Reynolds said.

“He has played in the centres for England at the World Cup and he had a terrific World Cup.

“He definitely showed what he is capable of and that was coming back after a pretty significant injury (a ruptured bicep).

“We just have to get him back on board and fit and healthy again.”

“It goes back to the competition within the squad.

“We are all fighting (for places) and it is only going to make us a better team.”

On Cobbo

“He is still young. I don’t think there is any point rushing him to fullback. He is such a good finisher.”

Asked about Cobbo's position [Centre or Wing] “He probably starts on the wing. I don’t know how he finishes up.

“But the quality of our two centres at the moment (Farnworth and Kotoni Staggs, along with young Deine Mariner) is pretty good.”

On his halves partner

“I think so,” Reynolds said about Mam.

“I think he showed enough with what he did last year.

“He come in under a lot of expectation and handled it better than most.

“He is still a young fella but he is tough.

“He is only going to get better throughout the pre-season.”

About Madden, he added: “To be honest I hadn’t seen much of Jock before the last couple of rounds (when he got promoted into the Tigers starting team).

“I’ve only had a number of days with him.

“Look, he has impressed me.

“He asks a lot of questions at training and is always willing to learn.

“The more quality players we have the better the competition. It brings out the best in the player.”

On who plays hooker

“I think Billy or Paixy have probably got a hold on the jersey at the moment,”

Asked about Mozer: “He is a young fella but he is a keen learner, and a hard trainer.

“He is coming off a bit of an injury so he is not training with the full squad. But I have been in a lot of opposed sessions against him last year and for a young fella he is pretty smart.”

On Bennett and the Phins

“I see it as healthy for us as a club,” Reynolds said.

“The games are going to be pretty heated at times I’d say.

“It is always good to have rivals.

“Fans love getting up for those games, so do players.

“And it is exciting for the NRL having a new team.”

It's pretty clear what he is saying. You can stick your attitude line where it fits, coach. Make yourself clear on what everyone's roles are, that's the problem. The issue with this is, it's not clear Kev can do this, even if he wants to. I don't think Crawley is overreaching, Arey's words are clear.

It's pretty clear what he is saying. You can stick your attitude line where it fits, coach. Make yourself clear on what everyone's roles are, that's the problem. The issue with this is, it's not clear Kev can do this, even if he wants to. I don't think Crawley is overreaching, Arey's words are clear.
This (communicating) is what robinson, bellamy, cleary and Bennett do well (and seibold struggled with). Most footballers are not known for their brains. The better coaches accommodate for this and give most players simple instructions/jobs that they follow on the field. For example, penrith's game plan is very simple. Umless from a set start, The back five will do the hit ups, find their front and get quick play the balls, for cleary to kick and then it is fast speed and numbers in the tackle to dominate the ruck.

The better coaches provide the more complex strategy/game plans to the players with a better footy IQ to organise on the field.

For example, Melbourne run some complex backline plays, but their set up structure and lines each player runs are mainly the same, however the spine players choose what option to select at that time.

This (communicating) is what robinson, bellamy, cleary and Bennett do well (and seibold struggled with). Most footballers are not known for their brains. The better coaches accommodate for this and give most players simple instructions/jobs that they follow on the field. For example, penrith's game plan is very simple. Umless from a set start, The back five will do the hit ups, find their front and get quick play the balls, for cleary to kick and then it is fast speed and numbers in the tackle to dominate the ruck.

The better coaches provide the more complex strategy/game plans to the players with a better footy IQ to organise on the field.

For example, Melbourne run some complex backline plays, but their set up structure and lines each player runs are mainly the same, however the spine players choose what option to select at that time.
Forgive my ignorance but as a broncos supporter I’m not familiar with the word “structure”

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Shane Tronc
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
  • pennywisealfie
  • ostin86
  • kman
  • RodF
  • Skyblues87
  • Harry Sack
  • Santa
  • Fitzy
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • Robboi_321
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  • BroncosAlways
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.