The state of the refs

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I thought this deserves its own thread to highlight exactly how corrupt and/or incompetent the refs are, hopefully the forum lurking journos will pick this up and write something about it, although they probably won’t because it went against us and not another team.

Who was the video ref last night and how can he be this bad and still have a job? I mean he can’t even remember which team challenged the call as the explanation he gave clearly meant that we got the ball back but he obviously thought the ref had called it that way and the panthers had challenged to say ‘challenge unsuccessful’, but how do you do that? There are 2 teams there so it is 50/50. Not only that once realising the mistake why didn’t he correct it? Furthermore why do the NRL have to make it complicated for them by making them say successful or unsuccessful? Just say which team gets the ball. I mean they work with these guys all the time and know how poor their comprehension skills are so why make it harder for them?

Why is someone like this guy in the position he is that has such an impact on the game when he can barely string a sentence together, let alone come to the right conclusion. This isn’t verbatim but the whole passage was something like

“The uh ball um comes to ahhhh um O’Sullivan to umm pass it um Cleary he ummm hits the ball forward”

“was the challenge successful or unsuccessful?”

“Suc, uh um Succ Unseuccessful, challenge unsuccessful.”

This guy is making crucial decisions in a professional sport where I wouldn’t trust him to take my Macca’s order.

“Just a large Big Mac meal thanks”

“Do um you um want fries with that?”

“Just the ones in my order of the meal thanks”

“So no fries”

“yes, the ones that come in the Big Mac meal”

“Uh um ok we need ah medium Whopper no fries”

“no that don’t even sell that h”

“Order unsuccessful”

Honestly it’s disgraceful and the reason I only watch Broncos games now through my loyalty to them.

I thought this deserves its own thread to highlight exactly how corrupt and/or incompetent the refs are, hopefully the forum lurking journos will pick this up and write something about it, although they probably won’t because it went against us and not another team.

Who was the video ref last night and how can he be this bad and still have a job? I mean he can’t even remember which team challenged the call as the explanation he gave clearly meant that we got the ball back but he obviously thought the ref had called it that way and the panthers had challenged to say ‘challenge unsuccessful’, but how do you do that? There are 2 teams there so it is 50/50. Not only that once realising the mistake why didn’t he correct it? Furthermore why do the NRL have to make it complicated for them by making them say successful or unsuccessful? Just say which team gets the ball. I mean they work with these guys all the time and know how poor their comprehension skills are so why make it harder for them?

Why is someone like this guy in the position he is that has such an impact on the game when he can barely string a sentence together, let alone come to the right conclusion. This isn’t verbatim but the whole passage was something like

“The uh ball um comes to ahhhh um O’Sullivan to umm pass it um Cleary he ummm hits the ball forward”

“was the challenge successful or unsuccessful?”

“Suc, uh um Succ Unseuccessful, challenge unsuccessful.”

This guy is making crucial decisions in a professional sport where I wouldn’t trust him to take my Macca’s order.

“Just a large Big Mac meal thanks”

“Do um you um want fries with that?”

“Just the ones in my order of the meal thanks”

“So no fries”

“yes, the ones that come in the Big Mac meal”

“Uh um ok we need ah medium Whopper no fries”

“no that don’t even sell that h”

“Order unsuccessful”

Honestly it’s disgraceful and the reason I only watch Broncos games now through my loyalty to them.
Gold. But I think it's been a pretty concerted effort to knock the Broncos down this season. We have just copped too many of these this season from the restart for me to believe otherwise. Regardless, it makes no difference. At best Annesley will say they messed it up and it won't happen again. But really, it's likely to.

Completely agree.

Losing by 50 points, it doesn't make much of a difference, but I knew it would cost us eventually, which is why I too have been calling it out when I have seen it throughout the year. We were genuinely in the contest last night against the comp leaders, just that one call above had a massive bearing on the contest, and that wasn't the only one that had me scratching my head last night. We were also being held back a good 11-12 metres every ruck, and were penalised as soon as we left early, but the Panthers' line was only held back 8-9 and were allowed to shoot off early with zero repercussions.

@Super Freak needs to put his video making skills to the test and make a compilation of the obvious bullshit calls we’ve been on the end of this year

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncorob
  • bert_lifts
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.