NEWS The Third Coming of Wayne Bennett

New CEO Duncan Donuts isn't ruling out the third coming of Wayne Bennett possibly as coaching director or culture boss. And the players are right behind him. Not only that but the Voice of Brisbane claims it can name more than 10 players who've told their managers they'd switch to Brisbane‘s second team if Bennett is coach. For now, it's keeping those names a big secret, but let's hear what these Broncos have to say:

Corey Oates

“If Wayne was to come back it’d be awesome. Everyone would think the same thing. Wayne’s name speaks for itself. I know it was tough when he left in 2018, but that’s not on us, it was with everyone upstairs. Personally, as a player, I get along well with him. I really enjoyed having him here and everything I learned from him.

“It’s just his experience, knowledge and history he has with the club. That’s what the Broncos have been missing. With ‘Kevvie’ the passion has come back. They’d be a great combination together.”

Screenwayne bennett

Still has it

Matt Lodge:

“He is still one of the best mentors in the game. He made me feel like I would run through a brick wall for him so he clearly does something right. I don’t know it would work with two people running the show, but I’ve always respected Wayne and he did a lot for me. The older I get, the more I appreciate what he did for me letting me come back to the game at the Broncos. I definitely felt the love when he was here, he stuck up for me a lot, whether that was media criticism or the off-field stuff I was going through."

“We definitely have that connection where I played for him and played hard for him. He would be a great person for some of the young guys we have here. I don’t know who runs the show or does what, but if Wayne came back to help Walters, I guess the Broncos have to put that business plan together.”

Tevita Pangai Jnr :

“I’m really close to Wayne. We still keep in contact, he has always been a great mentor for me. Kevvie is doing a great job here and he reminds me a lot of Wayne in the way he treats people. Kevvie is getting the best out of me. Even though some results haven‘t gone our way, he is holding me accountable.”

Payne Haas:

“Wayne brought me to the Broncos and he has been a massive influence on my career. My dad actually wanted me to go to Melbourne, I was about to sign on the dotted line, but I got a call from Wayne at the last minute and he brought me to the Broncos and I haven’t looked back since. If he came back, it would be pretty cool, I know several of the boys would love to have Wayne back around, but we‘ll see what happens.”

Tom Flegler:

“His resume speaks for itself. I haven’t heard a single thing about Bennett returning, I find out most things through the media (such as the articles penned by award winning senior sports writer Peter Badel), but it would be great to have him back. Look at what he has done. He is a great coach and I’d love to play under him.”

McHunt

2 of the 5 quoted players are gone, with a third (Oates) no certainty to get extended past his current contract. We’ve looked a lot, lot better since they left too.

There is a fair bit in that, I’d say.

Personally, I’m really happy with the direction the club is moving in and the blokes steering the ship, so I finally feel we have the organisational structure to move on from Wayne successfully.

So good luck to him in whatever he does next, just not at the Broncos thanks. I feel we finally have our big boy pants on.

He truly is a genius. The next few days will be Badel McPete rehashing how the Broncos stuffed up and the Souths players will have 2-3 days clear air.

we will then have stories about his lord and saviour Russell Crowe before ending the week with puff pieces about the final dance for benji and a hurried article about how could Souths let Reynolds go

genius.

If that clown Badel was real, he’d be writing this week on how/why souffs were happy to show Reynolds the door when he has steered them to a GF.

Seems madness to me they were sticking to only offering him a one year deal. Bennett was saying earlier in the year how hard it was going to be to replace a halfback like him. Why they want to have a blanket policy where their older, big earners only get one year deals is just crazy to me.

Seems madness to me they were sticking to only offering him a one year deal. Bennett was saying earlier in the year how hard it was going to be to replace a halfback like him. Why they want to have a blanket policy where their older, big earners only get one year deals is just crazy to me.
Their loss! Bennett may shit bag us in the press (diversion) but he sure didn’t tell him not to come here…secretly that old prick knew he was who we needed and with the pack we have, Reynolds can really steady the ship. The dude will be a revelation for us next year.

Bennett is still obviously a GOAT coach, but souths fans should be thanking their lucky stars that he came into a squad that was ready to go. The rebuild for them may not be as bad or long as it was for us or st George or newwie.

If you think Bennett's Bronco-slagging diversionary tactics last night were 'off' ... wait until he creeps back into SEQ as part of the expansion circus and starts sniffing around the bins at Red Hill to see what scraps he can pick up for his new roadshow. He will sow discontent at every opportunity and whisper in the ear of any off-contract Bronco that life is so much better under Wayne's wing ... not because he wants the player, he just can't accept that any club would have the balls to sack him and he will continue with his crusade of retribution and disruption until he finally grabs his zimmer-frame and retires.

Every team Bennett has left, has had to fight a monumental uphill battle to get back to being a finals team, just shows he is doing a bit of undermining himself.

I'm personally happy they have that policy. because it got us an elite game managing halfback, with the best kicking game in the league. (and an 80%+ goal kicker). not to mention a leader on and off the field

The Bennett coached Dragons of 2010 beat Souths in the last round of the regular season. They beat Manly in the qualifier, rested up for the prelim then beat Wests Tigers to meet Roosters in the GF.

And now, his Rabbitohs beat the Dragons in the last round of the regular season. Make it through the qualifier and prelim as in 2010.

This guy has them primed, Benji knows it, Reynolds knows it. The post game interviews just said it all - they had next week mapped out since day dot of pre season.

Whoever limps over the line today, better have something in the tank for next week to deny the 🐐 his 8th title.

The Bennett coached Dragons of 2010 beat Souths in the last round of the regular season. They beat Manly in the qualifier, rested up for the prelim then beat Wests Tigers to meet Roosters in the GF.

And now, his Rabbitohs beat the Dragons in the last round of the regular season. Make it through the qualifier and prelim as in 2010.

This guy has them primed, Benji knows it, Reynolds knows it. The post game interviews just said it all - they had next week mapped out since day dot of pre season.

Whoever limps over the line today, better have something in the tank for next week to deny the 🐐 his 8th title.

They've had the dream run through finals. Bennett knew how important that first game was, brilliant coaching.

If that clown Badel was real, he’d be writing this week on how/why souffs were happy to show Reynolds the door when he has steered them to a GF.

Don't worry, i'm sure once Reynolds orchestrates Souths win in the GF, Badel and his media mates will flick the switch and ask that question. /sarcasm

Active Now

• Lurker
  • Xzei
  • Mustafur
  • FACTHUNT
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.