NEWS The Third Coming of Wayne Bennett

New CEO Duncan Donuts isn't ruling out the third coming of Wayne Bennett possibly as coaching director or culture boss. And the players are right behind him. Not only that but the Voice of Brisbane claims it can name more than 10 players who've told their managers they'd switch to Brisbane‘s second team if Bennett is coach. For now, it's keeping those names a big secret, but let's hear what these Broncos have to say:

Corey Oates

“If Wayne was to come back it’d be awesome. Everyone would think the same thing. Wayne’s name speaks for itself. I know it was tough when he left in 2018, but that’s not on us, it was with everyone upstairs. Personally, as a player, I get along well with him. I really enjoyed having him here and everything I learned from him.

“It’s just his experience, knowledge and history he has with the club. That’s what the Broncos have been missing. With ‘Kevvie’ the passion has come back. They’d be a great combination together.”

Screenwayne bennett

Still has it

Matt Lodge:

“He is still one of the best mentors in the game. He made me feel like I would run through a brick wall for him so he clearly does something right. I don’t know it would work with two people running the show, but I’ve always respected Wayne and he did a lot for me. The older I get, the more I appreciate what he did for me letting me come back to the game at the Broncos. I definitely felt the love when he was here, he stuck up for me a lot, whether that was media criticism or the off-field stuff I was going through."

“We definitely have that connection where I played for him and played hard for him. He would be a great person for some of the young guys we have here. I don’t know who runs the show or does what, but if Wayne came back to help Walters, I guess the Broncos have to put that business plan together.”

Tevita Pangai Jnr :

“I’m really close to Wayne. We still keep in contact, he has always been a great mentor for me. Kevvie is doing a great job here and he reminds me a lot of Wayne in the way he treats people. Kevvie is getting the best out of me. Even though some results haven‘t gone our way, he is holding me accountable.”

Payne Haas:

“Wayne brought me to the Broncos and he has been a massive influence on my career. My dad actually wanted me to go to Melbourne, I was about to sign on the dotted line, but I got a call from Wayne at the last minute and he brought me to the Broncos and I haven’t looked back since. If he came back, it would be pretty cool, I know several of the boys would love to have Wayne back around, but we‘ll see what happens.”

Tom Flegler:

“His resume speaks for itself. I haven’t heard a single thing about Bennett returning, I find out most things through the media (such as the articles penned by award winning senior sports writer Peter Badel), but it would be great to have him back. Look at what he has done. He is a great coach and I’d love to play under him.”

McHunt

It's impossible to make some people think things through. The bright sparks who start from the viewpoint 'I hate WB' will cling to any theory which casts WB in a bad light. Things like the lie that WB leaves clubs worse off, WB has a massive ego, WB is only in it for the money, WB thinks he's bigger than the game itself.

and it's impossible to make others think things through. people who start from the viewpoint of "Wayne Bennett is the messiah and can't do anything wrong. people who can't see the truth, things like: WB leaves clubs worse off, WB has a massive ego, WB is only in it for the money, WB thinks he's bigger than the game itself.

😉

Wayne Bennett 101, get the spotlight off the players coming into big games. Bagging the broncos while their possible 2022 captain is sitting right next to him, troll level 1000000.

homer simpson boat GIF

Intrigued by Bennett's suggestion that some within the Broncos tried to undermine him in conversations with Souths. So he's suggesting that Paul White and or members of the board tried to warn Souths off getting involved with him.

That's a pretty big accusation but I guess if it was true, Blake Solly or Richardson must've told Bennett down the track that it happened.

and it's impossible to make others think things through. people who start from the viewpoint of "Wayne Bennett is the messiah and can't do anything wrong. people who can't see the truth, things like: WB leaves clubs worse off, WB has a massive ego, WB is only in it for the money, WB thinks he's bigger than the game itself.

😉
That's where the problem lays. Children argue like this and so do immature adults. Everything is the extreme end. The messiah reference is exactly why a person, any person would quickly disregard your statements as being infantile and ill considered.

Had you said 'those kindly disposed towards WB' types would say etc , etc I would consider your views worth hearing. I don't consider anyone a messiah or that they are without fault. Try not to adopt extreme positions. The reason I point out some intensely dislike WB is because they have demonstrated or stated that position.

Intrigued by Bennett's suggestion that some within the Broncos tried to undermine him in conversations with Souths. So he's suggesting that Paul White and or members of the board tried to warn Souths off getting involved with him.

That's a pretty big accusation but I guess if it was true, Blake Solly or Richardson must've told Bennett down the track that it happened.

It is also easy to avoid scrutiny when you don't name names. That said, it would not surprise me at all that this is true, that Broncos administration was an absolute disgrace.

I took that line as the club talking to seibold while Wayne was still here….?

It doesn’t have to be formal: football is the most insulated environment and everyone knows someone else. You get asked all the time, old mate is coming here next year what’s he’s like?

Wouldn’t be hard for Richo with all his Brisbane contacts and history here to take a few calls saying he’s lost his mind!

It's impossible to make some people think things through. The bright sparks who start from the viewpoint 'I hate WB' will cling to any theory which casts WB in a bad light. Things like the lie that WB leaves clubs worse off, WB has a massive ego, WB is only in it for the money, WB thinks he's bigger than the game itself.
Just on the bolded part; it has been pretty well documented the salary cap mess left behind when Bennett left both the Knights and the 2018 Broncos, so I’m not sure how anyone of a reasonable mind could arrive at the conclusion he didn’t at least partly contribute.

But then again, there are those who will argue Bellamy wasn’t complicit in the Storm rorting, nor Flanagan in the Sharks peptide scandal, so I guess some people will believe what the want to believe.

Just on the bolded part; it has been pretty well documented the salary cap mess left behind when Bennett left both the Knights and the 2018 Broncos, so I’m not sure how anyone of a reasonable mind could arrive at the conclusion he didn’t at least partly contribute.

But then again, there are those who will argue Bellamy wasn’t complicit in the Storm rorting, nor Flanagan in the Sharks peptide scandal, so I guess some people will believe what the want to believe.
Meh i think he left us in a fine position. Big things were expected with the players we had, which is probably why he wanted to extend with us (and do a proper succession). Sure we weren't winning the comp (everyone has there ups and downs), but we were a top side who at least demanded some respect. People can complain about certain players and contracts, but they all played fine under Bennett imo. Our problem more related to what we did with the team for 19/20. Kick out all the experience for young 'stars' who only ever dominated against other kids.

In regards to the knights, they have sucked since Johns left. Bennett was just q nice scapegoat for their new coaches(even 4 years later). I like how walters hasn't used the crap done before him it as an excuse. Also if I remember, their management/owners weren't blameless...

Meh i think he left us in a fine position. Big things were expected with the players we had, which is probably why he wanted to extend with us (and do a proper succession). Sure we weren't winning the comp (everyone has there ups and downs), but we were a top side who at least demanded some respect. People can complain about certain players and contracts, but they all played fine under Bennett imo. Our problem more related to what we did with the team for 19/20. Kick out all the experience for young 'stars' who only ever dominated against other kids.

In regards to the knights, they have sucked since Johns left. Bennett was just q nice scapegoat for their new coaches(even 4 years later). I like how walters hasn't used the crap done before him it as an excuse. Also if I remember, their management/owners weren't blameless...
I think you’ve misunderstood what I said.

I didn’t say Bennett was to blame, I said he at least partly contributed.

I also said Bellamy and Flanagan were complicit at their clubs. Complicit by its very definition means “involved with others”.

I can’t speak for others, but I’m not laying the blame squarely at one persons feet, but I equally don’t think the head coach can be absolved when such systematic and organisational wide failure (salary cap position for Knights and Broncos post Bennett) and cheating (Storm and Sharks) occurs under their watch. It can’t be that absolute.

It’s just like how some posters here will bleat about how Bennett is a genius for getting Haas to sign his current contract, but the contracts of Milford, Boyd, Lodge etc. are someone else’s fault.

Shared success, shared failure.

Show me an example of Wayne Bennett leaving a club and that club going on to have sustained success?

It does not happen.

The only time it was even remotely close to happening was with us when we had Lockyer out there, I probably could’ve been the coach that year and they still would’ve made the prelim.

Dragons won a comp, haven’t been relevant since.
Newcastle, made a couple of prelims, haven’t been relevant since.
Broncos, made the GF, haven’t been relevant since (and I don’t count conceding 50 in a final as being relevant, we were cannon fodder that year, barely made the 8).

It doesn’t happen chief, it’s not a lie, it’s a fact.

By the way, I don’t hate Wayne Bennett, I appreciate everything he did for us but to say it’s a lie that he doesn’t leave clubs worse off, you are down right delusional if that’s what you are going with.

Today's Bennett article (This one from Craddock) says that we've made Bennett an unbackable favourite to be the 17th team's first coach.

he says that Bennett was already favourite, but after he "took aim" at us on Friday he became the unbackable favourite as Bennett vs the Broncos would have all the selling points to set our rivalry with the new team a blaze.

Today's Bennett article (This one from Craddock) says that we've made Bennett an unbackable favourite to be the 17th team's first coach.

he says that Bennett was already favourite, but after he "took aim" at us on Friday he became the unbackable favourite as Bennett vs the Broncos would have all the selling points to set our rivalry with the new team a blaze.

Not sure what “we” have done to contribute towards this, I haven’t heard anything from Brisbane since he was moved on, Bennett does it to himself.

Badel needed a headline and Wayne played the game, he’s done this all for his own benefit.

Show me an example of Wayne Bennett leaving a club and that club going on to have sustained success?

It does not happen.

The only time it was even remotely close to happening was with us when we had Lockyer out there, I probably could’ve been the coach that year and they still would’ve made the prelim.

Broncos, made the GF, haven’t been relevant since (and I don’t count conceding 50 in a final as being relevant, we were cannon fodder that year, barely made the 8).

By the way, I don’t hate Wayne Bennett, I appreciate everything he did for us but to say it’s a lie that he doesn’t leave clubs worse off, you are down right delusional if that’s what you are going with.
Pure shit.

It does not happen.

Maybe clubs are worse off after he leaves because his replacements will never be better. Lat time he left us, I felt that unless we were replacing him with Bellamy, it would be a step backwards.

I think you’ve misunderstood what I said.

I didn’t say Bennett was to blame, I said he at least partly contributed.

I also said Bellamy and Flanagan were complicit at their clubs. Complicit by its very definition means “involved with others”.

I can’t speak for others, but I’m not laying the blame squarely at one persons feet, but I equally don’t think the head coach can be absolved when such systematic and organisational wide failure (salary cap position for Knights and Broncos post Bennett) and cheating (Storm and Sharks) occurs under their watch. It can’t be that absolute.

It’s just like how some posters here will bleat about how Bennett is a genius for getting Haas to sign his current contract, but the contracts of Milford, Boyd, Lodge etc. are someone else’s fault.

Shared success, shared failure.
Yea I would agree to that. My argument would be that (in our case) maybe the players we had for the price they were on, looks worse because we had a crap coach making it so much worse. Would Bennett got more out of Milf, Boyd, etc? I doubt with any team, Bennett gets us the wooden spoon.

Pure shit.

Your two worded reply and lack of stats and other useless jibberish bullshit you tend to come up with is probably one of your better posts.

Well done.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • Midean
  • RodF
  • TimWhatley
  • KateBroncos1812
  • FACTHUNT
  • Wolfie
  • Broncorob
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Brocko
  • jd87
  • MrMoore
  • theshed
  • Strop
  • Old Mate
  • I bleed Maroon
  • leon.bott
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.