The Weekly Steve Michaels Award

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Somehow after last night I think this thread will be more popular. :001_tt2:

Nominate a player who you thought made a real 'Keith' of himself either on the field or off of it.

Last edited:
Re: The Weekly Keith Award

I'm going to go with Jack Reed.

Bombed a try at a crucial time and then blew another opportunity late in the second half when he failed to follow Glenn's signal before making a terrible mistake which gave Manly the try that broke our back.

When DCE scored a try, I saw Reed tackling some guy who was clearly not even involved in the play from behind. That's got to be right up there with the worst defensive plays I've ever seen.

The Weekly Keith Award

Jack Reed has this award stitched up this week. Almost should be the Steve Michaels award.

Nah it should be called the Paul Carige award.

Reedy for sure

Jack Reed
no contest

Most of the players, for impersonating a rugby league side.

Our forwards were impotent on attack but most didn't end up with the time to make Keith of themselves. Reed definitely did. Hoffman was on fire but reed refused to pass. Had some defensive lapses and was impotent in attack. At least he shut down Lyon mostly.

My vote goes to Thaiday.

It's funny how in his first year Reed wasn't afraid of working for his winger. He set them up quite a bit...unlike in 2012, where he just became a typical selfish one dimensional centre just like the rest of them, except without the speed or strength to make up for it.

Almost should be the Steve Michaels award.

Haha I like that, I wonder if Pete is keen to make it that.

The Carige Award is for nuffs from other clubs with the Covell Award for terrible conversion attempts.

I'm gonna go with Wallace.

Last edited:

Keith is actually the 'award' they use around the club.

For example, Yow Yeh won it for posing with the victorious Queensland side in 2010 and flashing hand signals.

But I'm willing to put it up for a vote if you guys wish. Other nominations (Minto etc.) are also welcome.

RE: The Weekly Keith Award

Reed for sure.

Yeah, Reed... No contest.

Keith is actually the 'award' they use around the club.

For example, Yow Yeh won it for posing with the victorious Queensland side in 2010 and flashing hand signals.

But I'm willing to put it up for a vote if you guys wish. Other nominations (Minto etc.) are also welcome.

Norman award? Maybe Wallace. Probably not old school enough.

Yeah I think we make the award our own Pete, a BHQ voted one. have all of them in a poll to declare the dick move of the year. Steve Michaels award is awesome imo.

Reed. Hands down. If you put his highlights package together for the night you could do it to the Benny Hill theme song and it'd be entirely appropriate.

Active Now

• jd87
  • cento
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mr Fourex
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • Battler
  • Santa
  • Culhwch
  • kman
  • Justwin
  • winslow_wong
  • Organix
  • Foordy
  • unnerv1ng
  • BroncosAlways
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • broncos4life
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.