The Wrestle - Are we over-reacting?

"People" being the butthurt NSWRL who couldn't quite believe that there was an element within the game that was willing to stand up to their bullshit. If only the clubs had such balls today, maybe the comp wouldn't be bordering on farce.

No fans, people hated it.

It wasn't great football and no slowing down the play was terrible.

I hate wrestling and I also hated things like Wests Tigers submitting in tackles before even hitting the defence to get a quick play the ball back in 05 too. I want collisions, bit hits and driving tackles as much as possible.

Tigers and Sheens were smart, they had a smaller pack so they avoided any wrestle or confrontation. Their pet play was to tip on between two forwards and the second one would only have one tackler- quick play the ball.

Sheens was very good at getting the best out of small forwards, he did it at the Raiders too introducing slide compact defence to make sure his smaller forwards had help and the opposition would go wide at the perceived gaps.

It's simple. 2015 Broncos were showcasing entertaining, ridiculously fast games that had every NRL fan excited. Opposition fans were actually happy to watch the Broncos play and were praising us which, as you know, is crazy because everyone hates the Broncos.

2017 Storm get two attempts at placing their opposition in the perfect spot during every tackle. They'll hold the player upright, the ref will call held and they'll take him to the ground. If the ref doesn't call held at that point its bullshit because it would have been called for every other team. Lets not forget the illegal tackling techniques they have introduced as well.

Cheers Cult, appreciate the response :)

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Lozza
  • lynx000
  • bert_lifts
  • Alec
  • Pablo
  • BroncosAlways
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BruiserMk1
  • Hurrijo
  • Spoon
  • Santa
  • Broncorob
  • NSW stables
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.