Third Test- Australia v New Zealand SCG

This is probably the most patient I've ever seen Australia bat, it's good stuff. Only took a dozen or so years to realise they can't blast away at 4 an over anymore lol.

Last edited:
What a knock.

I think 450 will be enough. Try and reach that and then have a slog. Don't want the bowlers out there toiling for too long.

I think Burns' only risk at this stage would be the temptation to rehash Khawaja as an Opener yet again. It's not remotely logical, but the Australian selectors have so rarely been logical in recent years, and I just feel like Khawaja is always so tempting for the selectors even when he's not scoring runs.

Marnus apparently needs 65 today to have scored the most runs ever in an Australian summer. This is more than Bradman ever got already. Chapeau!

Marnus apparently needs 65 today to have scored the most runs ever in an Australian summer. This is more than Bradman ever got already. Chapeau!

69. It’s a Five Test summer record.

Hammond 905
Marnus
Harvey 834
Bradman 810
Bradman 806

Last edited:
Gave his gloves to some kid in the crowd on the way off too, what a legend.

I think Burns' only risk at this stage would be the temptation to rehash Khawaja as an Opener yet again. It's not remotely logical, but the Australian selectors have so rarely been logical in recent years, and I just feel like Khawaja is always so tempting for the selectors even when he's not scoring runs.

They have moved on from Khawaja now I reckon. Burns biggest competition would be giving Harris or Bancroft another shot.

If Weatherald has a good 2nd half to the Shield season I'd be looking at him. He's a good technical player that could almost be groomed as a Warner replacement imo.

He needs to knuckle down and keep scoring big ones though.

What happened today???

When I went out today Warner and Burns were in, I get home a few hours later and Australia need five wickets to win. The ****?

Absolute domination lmao.

Pat Cummins deserves to take a bag of wickets every time he bowls, he was the leading wicket taker in 2019 by a mile but I still reckon he has no luck. Batsmen switch on and bring their A+ game against him because they know they’re gone otherwise. Immense bowler.

Spot on. Starcs first wicket was off a rubbish ball and he was barely able to hit the pitch his first few overs.

Cummins had so many plays and misses its crazy

They have moved on from Khawaja now I reckon. Burns biggest competition would be giving Harris or Bancroft another shot.
I'd like to believe you, but I'm not so sure. He's a bit like a smoking habit that they can't ever seem to completely quit.

Most runs by an Australia in our summer.

Ponting 965 (03/04) 6 Tests
Hayden 952 (03/04) 6 Tests
Hayden 949 (05/06) 7 Tests
Ponting 944 (05/06) 7 Tests
Labuschagne 896 (19/20) 5 Tests

896 runs is the second most here in five Tests and the most by an Australian in a five Test summer.

There just isn't an obvious choice to replace Burns.
At the very least he is giving our number 3 a fair crack and in a side winning like this he would have to be safe until it starts to hurt us or somebody demands selection.

Active Now

• Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.