Third Test- Australia v South Africa

Goodness me, our guys love being run out these days. Well done to SA, they've dried up the runs and a wicket falls pathetically once again. Watch us lose 10-50 here.

Here we go. Khawaja goes on a review. That ball looked like it was missing considerably but Hawkeye says otherwise.

I'm sick of hearing from these commentators how Renshaw needs to be more aggressive. Umm...this is the way he plays. He has played this innings brilliantly, he's valued his wicket and not given it up. He's blunted the attack and will hopefully be there at the end. He will accelerate when he needs to and feels comfortable as he's shown at FC level. Have these selectors not been paying attention to how easily we've been consistently rolled because of stupid aggression? The kid has been brilliant and looks like he'll get his team home in his very first test. They should be raving on about his temperament not this rubbish they're going on with.

Think you're taking it a bit far saying he has been brilliant, hasn't had a bad debut but I strongly disagree this is brilliant. Could've smacked a few of those and they've gone straight through him a bit.

Looks like we've found a couple of new bats. Fitting they were there at the end to fish things.

Think you're taking it a bit far saying he has been brilliant, hasn't had a bad debut but I strongly disagree this is brilliant. Could've smacked a few of those and they've gone straight through him a bit.

Brilliant in context.

Two innings- first he had to face under lights, without his opening partner at short notice and survived a very hard 12 overs and this innings took up 137 balls.

Brilliant doesn't have to be 100 off 80 balls.

The fact he's had a role and done it to the letter both innings is brilliant. Highlighted even more by the fact that more experienced players couldn't do it this Test.

He didn't get the runs but he's filled the roll Geoff Marsh like.

Brilliant in context.

Two innings- first he had to face under lights, without his opening partner at short notice and survived a very hard 12 overs and this innings took up 137 balls.

Brilliant doesn't have to be 100 off 80 balls.

The fact he's had a role and done it to the letter both innings is brilliant. Highlighted even more by the fact that more experienced players couldn't do it this Test.

He didn't get the runs but he's filled the roll Geoff Marsh like.
Spot on.
Its not fashionable, but just what was needed in this situation. Very impressive.

Spot on.
Its not fashionable, but just what was needed in this situation. Very impressive.

But he is not a NSWelshman. Should not be in the side the upstart.

It doesn't matter that he tired the bowlers a bit and knocked the edge off the new ball or the middle order had time to put the pads on, **** that,a quick 150 - 180 in a test is gold and great to watch.

From what I heard, there were some worrying signs with Renshaw where he was lucky to survive. It wasn't so much he wasn't scoring, rather there were some anxious moments where he failed to read the bowling.

It's a nice story and here's hoping he develops but he isn't home and hosed yet.

Not as good as the commentators were carrying on. Smith was looking to get a move on and walked into a ball that lifted more than expected.

From what I heard, there were some worrying signs with Renshaw where he was lucky to survive. It wasn't so much he wasn't scoring, rather there were some anxious moments where he failed to read the bowling.

It's a nice story and here's hoping he develops but he isn't home and hosed yet.

He got beaten but he was keeping his line and shape and making them bowl to him. He wasn't chasing it and missing.

We lost this series badly, but in saying that we only needed 1 batter to stand up per innings, it didn't happen in the first 2 tests.
unforgivable that no one got a score when SA were down a bowler in the 1st test. Still, liking what I'm seeing, Shaun Marsh probably comes in for Maddinson, Fair or not ,That's what I'd do.
Everyone looking better for the run. Take note CA.

Last edited:
Is Warners shoulder going to be right for Pakistan? (he should be rested from the ODIs surely)

Last edited:

Active Now

• Kev_Guz
  • Fitzy
  • lynx000
  • Broncorob
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Gray
  • Hurrijo
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Organix
  • Big Del
  • Mick_Hancock
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Allo
  • BroncoFan94
  • Johnny92
  • Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • Battler
  • NSW stables
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.