Let’s give Kevvie a hand:

Haas sub (1) after 30 -> Flegler/Bullemor
Lodge sub (2) after 25 -> Kennedy
Pangai Jr sub (3) after 20 -> Carrigan/Asiata
Kennedy sub (4) after 50 -> Lodge
Carrigan/Asiata sub (5) after 55 -> Haas
Flegler/Bullemor sub (6) after 60 -> Pangai Jr
Turpin sub (7) after 55/60 -> Paix/Hooker signing

That leaves you one other sub to use as/if needed.

Now this does not need to happen every week of course and you need to play it by ear depending on injuries/fatigue, etc but this took my five minutes. For guys who are employed to do this, it has been pretty poor thus far.

I'm over last night's loss now.

Most of us sort of expected a flogging, what we didn't expect was to be ahead and to match it with them for any significant period of time I think. We are probably going to get flogged the next few weeks against the top teams, but I'm more interested in how we go against the teams below us and just above us. Winning those games is vital. Something to build on.

Most of us sort of expected a flogging, what we didn't expect was to be ahead and to match it with them for any significant period of time I think. We are probably going to get flogged the next few weeks against the top teams, but I'm more interested in how we go against the teams below us and just above us. Winning those games is vital. Something to build on.
yep, if we get belted or are extremely poor against the cows, manly, tigers, dragons then yes I think maybe greater discussion is required. i think newcastle, sharks, warriors are also games we should be expecting to eek out a few wins. those are going to be the positives this season, getting those sorts of wins + further developing and hardening up some of the younger guys.

I still say and I will continue to say we need to employ a proper wrestling coach and teach our guys a system of gang tackling the opposition. Single players doing one armed grabs is so 20th century and leads to us dropping our bundle and the score blowing out. Have a look at how the storm absolutely monstered us coming out of our own end. Three in the tackle, sometimes four and it means so much more energy is conserved as the force is shared around. They spend hours and hours in that Dojo in Melbourne learning proper martial arts and how to 'immobilise' an opponent. It's not taken Jennings long to learn the art of holding up the player so that more troops can push him over the sideline. We got caught twice like this last night.

Agree, I would say we are better then the Bulldogs, Manly and Cowboys, our real Rivals will be Dragons and Tigers thats my bet, everyone else a bit too far ahead.

Agree, I would say we are better then the Bulldogs, Manly and Cowboys, our real Rivals will be Dragons and Tigers thats my bet, everyone else a bit too far ahead.

I don't agree here. i think this comp has 3 tiers right now.

Tier one: Panthers, Storm, Rabbitohs, Eels, Roosters - these guys are head and shoulders above the rest of the comp

Tier two: Broncos, Dragons, Sharks, Knights, Raiders, Warriors, Titans, Tigers - these teams should comfortably beat those in tier 3 and can beat the others in this tier on their day

Tier Three: Bulldogs, Manly, Cowboys - these guys are way worse than the rest of the comp

Tier one: Panthers, Storm, Rabbitohs, Eels, Roosters - these guys are head and shoulders above the rest of the comp

Tier two: Broncos, Dragons, Sharks, Knights, Raiders, Warriors, Titans, Tigers - these teams should comfortably beat those in tier 3 and can beat the others in this tier on their day

Tier Three: Bulldogs, Manly, Cowboys - these guys are way worse than the rest of the comp
I disagree with tier two and think it's generous to put us in that conversation. I don't see any world in which we beat Knights or Canberra even on our day.

For sure there is Tiers I would argue it's more like 4 tiers though, Titans, Raiders and Warriors especially are beyond our team, look at who they are playing and the results they are getting. Of course it could change over the course of the season but it's how I see it now.

Tier 1: Panthers, Storm, Rabbitohs, Eels, Roosters

Tier 2: Knights, Raiders, Warriors, Titans

Tier3: Sharks(Maybe good enough for 2), Dragons, Broncos and Tigers

Tier 4: Bulldogs, Manly, Cowboys

Finals Footy for the bottom 2 Tiers is not going to happen, unless a miracle run at the end of season happens.

I agree. Tier one is solidified in its position, those top teams are there to stay, whereas tier 2 and 3 are somewhat interchangeable based on a few factors, like injuries, the draw and individuals stepping up.

This is the problem though with the NRL right now, those tier 1 teams are so far ahead of tier 2 and below that they may as well have their own competition.
When you have games like Manly v Penrith, or Doggies v Rabbitohs, then you might as well just give the tier 1 teams their 2 points before the game is even played, and the only reason they actually participate in those games, is to improve their for and against vs the other tier 1 teams.

This is actually a massive problem, and im sure Valandys and his cronies are well aware of the disparity between the top 4 - 5 teams and the rest of the comp.
As another posted said, your best players are prepared to go to those top tier teams for less money to improve their chances at winning a comp.
Whereas the bottom tier teams have to spend huge portions of their cap to attract the same players.

I still think 9th-12th is a pass for Kev and is achievable if injuries are kind to us.
Hell, we’ve been copping regular hidings from Melbourne for the last fifteen years.
If Kev can find a way to stop these ten minute fade outs, that’d be a good start.

I've always had this worry that Kevvie will fail and fail badly here and sadly i'm fairly sure its going to happen. We had to give him the job to shut the outside noise from some of these whinging old boys. He might be a great assistant coach, but i dont think in any way shape or form he is a head coach. I think its going to end in tears for the bloke.

I've always had this worry that Kevvie will fail and fail badly here and sadly i'm fairly sure its going to happen. We had to give him the job to shut the outside noise from some of these whinging old boys. He might be a great assistant coach, but i dont think in any way shape or form he is a head coach. I think its going to end in tears for the bloke.

Avoid the spoon this year = win.

Next year he has some money to play with, so this is really a holding year. Has a year grace period, easily.

Next year he has some money to play with, so this is really a holding year. Has a year grace period, easily.
I mean that should happen by default, are you watching the cowboys? **** me dead they’re bad

Walters can be as shit as he wants this year.

Until the CEO and recruitment guys are gone and the board gets a clean out I'm not going to judge him.

What he has to work with is slim pickings in terms of experience and leadership. We are a 12th place side or thereabouts, if you're expecting more prepare to be disappointed.

I mean that should happen by default, are you watching the cowboys? **** me dead they’re bad

And it remains to be seen if we can avoid capitulating, especially if we cop some injuries like last year.

We should avoid the spoon, by no means guaranteed yet.

Walters can be as shit as he wants this year.

Until the CEO and recruitment guys are gone and the board gets a clean out I'm not going to judge him.

What he has to work with is slim pickings in terms of experience and leadership. We are a 12th place side or thereabouts, if you're expecting more prepare to be disappointed.
Well, I see Badel has picked up the Sam Walker Uber story so someone may end up paying but who knows?

It will sound harsh, but thats just not good enough. We have to see some improvment in our gameplan and structure and right now this is no different from the pie man. There has to be a glimmer of hope we are improving, and its not happening so far.

My prediction is next 3 weeks will smash our confidence. We are most definitely in the race for the spoon.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  • unnerv1ng
  • Dash
  • theshed
  • Xzei
  • Porthoz
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.