Thurston v Lewis

Thurston is a great player but Wally is the king of Origin. 8 MOM awards and countless other things to go along with and the fact that he is one of the reasons why Origin became so popular says it all really.

Lewis over Thurston

Belcher was terrific at making space for his wingers, he'd create two on ones brilliantly. He was versatile too. Played centre for Souths before being moved to fullback.

People forget he was leading pointscorer 1988 was a great goal kicker and that stretch from 88-90 he was the best fullback in the game. He should have won MOTM in the '89 Grand Final.

Belcher was a great fullback.

Boyd surprised me as I just have this vision of him finishing off movements with no one in front of him. Guess you just forget the other stuff. I reckon Boyd would make a good centre

I'm far from Boyd's biggest fan, but he's really an excellent winger. Yes, he's had some easy opportunities, but he's done everything else really well too.

8. Gallen- 183 metres per match, 33 more than the next best prop, completed 94% of tackles.

Because the other weren't taking peptides.

Notice after he pleads guilty etc, he doesn't heal as fast with his injuries.

He knows ASDA is
11aeg03.jpg

Agree.

Gallen's stats should be removed from the record books.

Drug cheating shit ****.

13 wins 8 loses and 2 draws out of 23 games, won some mom awards, won a couple of series on his own, played in 2 NSW clean sweeps playing some big roles and won a series and drew another as captain. Pretty nice record to me.

The win/loss record is pretty good. I think he played in more losing series than winning ones but I can't be certain. He also played hooker a fair bit in a lot of games. Guys like Toovey and Kimmorley were preferred at one point to him.

Especially considering that just before and just after the Johns era NSW sucked ass. He'd definitely be my Halfback in any NSW side picked.

Fair enough. I'm not so sure. As I said, a fair few games he played dummy half. His record as starting halfback isn't that flash. His first series was the 1995 whitewash to the Maroons. I think he was dropped for Game 3 of that year. He was recalled to halfback for the 1998 series - which NSW also lost. The 2000 series, arguably the Blues' finest hour, he came off the bench.

He also played in a few drawn series. But really you take away 2005 and he didn't do all that much, considering his status in the game. I think the fact it took so long to reclaim the shield helped his legend grow a bit.

Lockyer

Games: 36
Wins 19
Win % 52.8
Tries 9
Points 82
Possessions 1502 (42)
Try Assists 27
Line breaks 14
Line break assists 22
Runs 310 (9)
Kick metres 10,099m
Forced drop outs 18
Tackle busts 85
Errors 40
Tackles 477 (13)
Missed Tackles 132 (4)

Slater:

Played 25
Wins 15
% 60
Tries 12
Points 48
Try Assists 3
Line break assists 4
Run metres 2860 (114)
Errors 40
Missed tackles 34(1)
Possessions 772 (31)
Line breaks 22
Runs 274
86 tackle busts
111 tackles (4)
Bombs caught 33

Belcher v Slater

Line breaks 22 v 22
Offloads 26 v 13
Tackle Busts 70 v 86
Tackles 67 v 111
Av run metres 180 v 114
Try assists 4 v 3
Av runs 20 v 11
Av kick metres 155 v 14
Tries 4 v 12
Forced line drop out 2 v 3
Line breaks assists 12 v 4
Kicks 65 v 16

Active Now

• porouian
  • MrMoore
  • Broncorob
  • johnny plath
  • Manofoneway
  • Cavalo
  • mitch222
  • RolledOates
  • Fozz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • john1420
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.