Tigers v Dragons *Spoilers*

M

MDBronco

BRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
18-4 at halftime

Tigers: Tries to Fulton, Lawrence, Farah. Hodgson 3/3
Dragons: Try to Gasnier. Gasnier 0/1

Benji Marshall only lasted 90 seconds before coming from the field with a knee problem, news from the dressing room at halftime that it is ligament damage and a 4-6 week injury.

Fulton scores another try for the Tigers

Hodgson kicks the conversion

24-4

Poor Benji... so much talent... would have to hurt him pretty bad, for once it wasn't his shoulders i suppose... I'd love to see him back out on the field.

There's something about promising talent always not being able to stay on the field. Me thinks he needs to improve his match conditioning because I don't think his body is up to scratch with such heavy contact as NRL games.

The Rock said:
SimplyBronco said:
There's something about promising talent always not being able to stay on the field. Me thinks he needs to improve his match conditioning because I don't think his body is up to scratch with such heavy contact as NRL games.

Trust me, his body is up to scratch, he has done so much to get every part of his body right for every game.

There's a thing called bad luck though. He is injury prone but that has nothing to do with his conditioning.

If there was any doubt about his conditioning, don't you think he would have got it right after the 3rd shoulder reco and 2nd leg injury?

It's just simply how I see it but having rotten luck with injuries, I really don't think it's rotten luck each and every time. Unless of course it is the certain style he plays the game that makes his body susceptible to injuries as is the case with players like Sonny Bill.

I think the kid is just cursed nothing to do with his body not being conditioned.

This injury resulted from a simple run similar to Locky, his knee just gave away.

On my way to a perfect round _woohoo_ Gasnier's defense is rubbish. The drags look retarded in attack, only time they threaten is when they get him the ball with more than an inch. He should be their 5/8th for the rest of the year if they don't want the spoon, they have little else in attack.

How on earth has Brown kept his job over the years? Non-performance followed by non-performance, he is seriously clueless. Maybe Doust is scared of getting slapped in the face?

I don't know why they persist with Hornby at 5/8th as he is average at best there while he is a better fullback than Morris.

The Rock said:
[quote="FCB BB AKA MB":1y2pdd98]On my way to a perfect round _woohoo_ Gasnier's defense is rubbish. The drags look retarded in attack, only time they threaten is when they get him the ball with more than an inch. He should be their 5/8th for the rest of the year if they don't want the spoon, they have little else in attack.

Have you seen Gasnier play 5/8? It's an absolutely disaster. He adds absolutely nothing to their attack when he is playing 5/8. None at all. He's one of the most dangerous attacking players when he plays in the centres, the Dragons would be stupid to change that. If they're lacking direction or some spark then they need to concentrate on getting someone to work with Jamie Soward, and it should not be Gasnier.[/quote:1y2pdd98]

Clearly the more ball Gasnier gets the better St George are. Hornby has been a ghost today and Soward has the type of game where he doesn't need a creative no.6 so have him running off Soward and have Hornby popping up from fullback where he should be.

ALH said:
I think the kid is just cursed nothing to do with his body not being conditioned.

This injury resulted from a simple run similar to Locky, his knee just gave away.

Exactly. Conditioning is rarely a factor in ACL injuries.

Look at a few notable ones:

Ben Ikin: knee just collapses doing a simple step against the Warriors in 2001
Mick De Vere: knee collapses doing a step at training
Locky: knee collapsed with nobody near him
Benji Marshall: his knee actually went before he got hit

It's the nature of the injury. The ACL can withstand a lot of force, but it just has to be slightly on the wrong weight balance and it just snaps.

Absolutely nothing to do with fitness, strength or conditioning.

Maybe he should have stayed with touch - absolute champion in that game.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.