Tim Cahill named over club incident

Burg

Burg

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/spor ... 80,00.html

So why isnt this front page news? Where are all the TV cameras from the NEWS or Current Affair? Why doesnt someone ask the Prime Minister his reaction over the drinking behaviour and aggressive nature of Soccer players? Was the bar tender a woman? If so why wasnt Julia Gillard, Anna Bligh or Penny Wong asked about their view on how Soccer players treat women? Smells of a cover up to me. Oh, hang on, Cahill doesnt play League.

Hmmm - but the Broncos and Lockyer also at first claimed that his 'fracas' with the Casablanca security guy wasn't true either.

I don't know if it's true or not - nor do I really care that much - and maybe that's the real reason it hasn't gotten more media coverage. Despite it's growing popularity, soccer still has not yet reached a stage in this country where the media feel the need to rip it down constantly.

Yep - and there's conflicting reports. Same in a lot the RL cases. Until more concrete evidence comes out either way, no-one should be reporting on it.

That's one of the stupid things about the media. Rather than it being a source of information, as it was intended, it has become more about ratings and public outcry. It's pathetic.

Rugby League scandals are always going to attract more attention in Australia. Comparatively speaking, soccer just doesn't generate the hype that it does in most other countries. The media know they are going to get much more of a reaction, particularly from the eastern states of Australia if they report something about Rugby League and to a lesser extent, AFL. Soccer is definitely on the rise in Australia due to the recent success of the Socceroos and as it continues to gain popularity I'm sure more cases like this will come to light.

I think we should just be happy that we aren't like the Americans at the moment. The NFL alone currently has a handful of registered players in prison or currently facing criminal trials for gun possession, drug possession, assault etc. That's not even including retired players. O.J anyone? Let's just hope we never to that level.

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.