Titans must win for the sake of a 'national' competition

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
I was watching Mad Monday the other night and the bozos on there were going on how there 'must' be two Sydney sides in the GF. It's clear to see that the people that call themselves the 'purists' of the game still haven't got over the fact that this is now a national competition and not Sydney-centred. I think we need to put our issues aside with the Titans having many bogan fans and for the good of the game, if they don't win it, the Titans must make the finals to continue the trend of a no all Sydney GF since 2004.

Yeah as much as I want to get on the whole national competition train, then I hear Titan's fans whinging(but then to be fair its not the only thing they complain about) about having to play this final up in Brisbane and how unfair it is................nevermind the years the Broncos had to travel to sydney regardless of where they finished, traveling up the highway is hardly that big of a deal especially when it will bring in a bigger supporter base in that game for your side!!!

I cannot support the Roosters. So they have my vote.

who cares. fans who deserted their original team so they could be "very GC" don't deserve a premiership imo.

Any team that needs the NRL to financially bail them out twice before they are even 5 years old does not deserve to win the competition.

Flutterby said:
Any team that needs the NRL to financially bail them out twice before they are even 5 years old does not deserve to win the competition.

+10 zillion!

Have they paid Triple Play their money yet? What about the others? How about the dispute over payments for the centre of excellence?

Dodgy club it is. Dodgy.

I just did a quick count and there's at least 9 players in the side chosen for Friday night's game that aren't Queenslanders. And then there's the wanker of a coach.

They aren't a Queensland team.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_Coast,_Queensland

It seems that Coxy is incorrect. They most certainly are a Queensland team.

Difference between being a Queensland team and a Queensland BASED team

Flutterby said:
Difference between being a Queensland team and a Queensland BASED team

^^^ This.

Do people really think that in the 1992-93 Grand Finals that South Sydney fans supported the Dragons against us? No. They either went for the Broncos because they hate the Dragons, or they just didn't give a shit either way and hoped both teams were struck by lightning.

Any Broncos fan who gets behind the Titans is just a spineless bandwagoner.

Just as I was when I got behind the Warriors and Raiders. I am now on no bandwagon :P

Hey. I'm not saying I'm getting behind them. But I'm going to hope they win it, purely because I hate the Roosters.

The competition is now like the federal election. I'm going to for the team that aren't as retarded as the other team.

Coxy said:
Any Broncos fan who gets behind the Titans is just a spineless bandwagoner.
I think broncos fans in Sydney should be excluded from this! There is no way on gods green earth I could support the roosters or dragons and if you were surrounded by their fans regularly you would understand why. Being at the roosters game on Saturday night was enough to make me want to jump off the top tier of the stadium. And given all the family I was with bar 1 aren't roosters fans and were hooking into the beers like there was no tomorrow, it appeared as though alcohol didn't help the situation much!

Best possible result for me is a Tigers v Titans GF as I don't mind either way who wins it.

Thing is - why do people have to support any team once your team is out? Me? I am not supporting or going for any of the 4 teams that are left - I am just going to sit back and enjoy the footy with no kind of emotional investment in the results either way.

I find it difficult to watch a game if I don't have a team to go for. Or at least if there isn't 1 team playing that I absolutely hate.

Emma said:
I find it difficult to watch a game if I don't have a team to go for. Or at least if there isn't 1 team playing that I absolutely hate.

I'm similar. That's why I fell asleep in the Roosters-Panthers game. I just couldn't care.

Emma said:

Fair enough - but if you ever spent any time in the company of Toidans fans, I think you'd feel just as strongly anti them as you do the Dragons and Roosters because of their fans.

Personally I find it impossible to actually go for any team but my own. But I do still enjoy watching a good game no matter who is playing.

Flutterby said:
Emma said:

Fair enough - but if you ever spent any time in the company of Toidans fans, I think you'd feel just as strongly anti them as you do the Dragons and Roosters because of their fans.

Personally I find it impossible to actually go for any team but my own. But I do still enjoy watching a good game no matter who is playing.
I don't think this about getting on any bandwagon, it's more about who you don't want to see winning.
For me, that decision is mostly based on the footy played and the players in each team, hence my preference for the Tigers.
But no matter how they play, who they play, who their players and/or their coach are; Dragons, Manly and Roosters should never get anywhere near the title and continuously fight for the wooden spoon every year in my book!

This isn't about supporting another team, it's stopping the mass-propaganda that goes on in the Sydney press. If the old fellas could have it their way we'd go back to having Sydney only teams, even teams like Newtown and University mind find their way back into the competition. Titans must make the grand final, if for anything else to stop the nauseating press that will be seen next week if two Sydney teams make the GF.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Browny
  • Spooky1013
  • Old Mate
  • Bucking Beads
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Galah
  • sooticus
  • eggstar10
  • broncotville
  • Fatboy
  • Jazza
  • NSW stables
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.