NEWS Titans to enter another bidding war, the target will shock you

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Brisbane's most respected sporting correspondent says the Titans are poised to poach Cameron Smith from under the Broncos' nose. Titans co-owner Darryl Kelly agrees the club should make a play for Cameron Smith, offering him a two year contract:

“If Cameron Smith is available anyone who didn’t talk to him would have to be foolish, he would bring so much to any organisation. He would bring self-discipline and an attitude towards winning. We realise we have to raise the standard of our squad. Roster management is a very hard task and turning rosters around in short periods of time is almost impossible. It’s recognised that we need some experience, there’s no doubt about that, and in the right positions. Everyone recognises we are a bit short on experienced players. We are very much focused on who the individuals are as well.”

4517da4ed911cdd2c8c5618263eb2d02

Come to daddy

Scott Sattler, Titans’ foundation football manager also thinks it's a great idea:

“It wouldn’t surprise me if Mal had reached out to Cam given their history with the Queensland and Australian teams. I don’t know if he would want to finish his career at another club but the Titans would be mad not to at least ask the question. They are still missing that senior player that can drive a culture and that’s what Cam Smith would do. If his kids are up here going to schools on the Gold Coast, it makes sense for the Titans to make a play for him. He’s a Logan boy so it would be a great coup if he came home to Queensland.”

McHunt

Last edited:
How goods the salary cap hey fellas...
The roosters and storm in every grand final while the other teams fight each other over players, all so teams like the titans can grow their fan base by 50% to about 50 people whilst the NRL loses 1000's of fans in Brisbane. Smart, smart people at the top. Soccer seems to be struggling without the cap, coincidentally, they've also had more variety in champions in the EPL in the last 10 year's them what the NRL has.... No corruption though...

Now where have I heard that before wrt to the Titans?
Yes I know but Smith reportedly has more choices in this case - Titans, Us, Melbourne, Retire, whatever other club(s) some idiot journo wants to throw out there.
In any case I think its all smoke and mirrors I am sure he will either just play 1 more year for the storm or retire.
Deadset I am over it.

Quotes are along the same lines as Seibold when quizzed.

"Would you be interested in Cam Smith if he was available??"

Whatever is quoted gets tagged with another 500 words from Petey B to paste into the courier fail... job done [pats self on the back for another hard day of Journalism]

Whatever is quoted gets tagged with another 500 words from Petey B to paste into the courier fail... job done [pats self on the back for another hard day of Journalism]

but he doesn't actually re-write the article just uses the find and replace tool to change the coaches names

This is exactly what has happened here. NRL Tonight or whatever it is called literally made the story up and then put a headline up within two minutes saying Titans interested in Smith. The next day a gossip columnist asked Holbrook if he would be interested in Smith, of course he said yes.

Literally, the gossip columnists then all ran with this headline they literally made up themselves. It is disgusting.

Imagine if he goes to GC for $200k because he doesn’t need the money...lols

I wish our dumbfuck club would try it.

Problem for you lads is the current crop of off contract players in key positions are less than impressive even by my lowered standards. Might have to wait til 2022 for a huge turn around unless something changes.

$1m+ for CS @ age 38 is overs. Titans can have him.
I'd give him 2 million and happily.
Milford, Bird and Kahu would be on that, I'd happily kick all 3 out for Smith.

Whether we have the space, I don't know, but I'd offer him as much as we can fit into the cap next year and see what happens.

Loving the expectation building on the Titans.
All of a sudden they are expected to make the 8 and if they get Smith , a genuine premiership threat.
What a joke.
Enjoy getting your hopes up boys and enjoy that 10 place or lower.

Active Now

• Astro
  • OnToSomething
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Pablo
  • heartly87
  • Sproj
  • Griffo
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.