Today I Learned

Nashy

International Captain
Brisbane
Can we get my thread back on topic please. I'd rather not pollute it with which newborns Porthoz finds attractive.. Which is disgusting by the way.
Sure.

Today I learned that Cult would like this thread back on topic.

soup

State of Origin Rep
TIL that 3 marshmallows makes for a happy toddler, but 7 makes him a little monster!

JAHHW

NRL Player
To reignite the topic of the English language; stumbled upon a show that comes on at 5:30pm, weekdays on SBS.
Letters and Numbers.
Sorry if this is old to some, but it has really caught my attention - thought others might appreciate it.

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
To reignite the topic of the English language; stumbled upon a show that comes on at 5:30pm, weekdays on SBS.
Letters and Numbers.
Sorry if this is old to some, but it has really caught my attention - thought others might appreciate it.
It's been around for a few years now - it's basically the Aussie version of Countdown, which is a long running British game show. Worth checking it out on YouTube if you enjoy Letters and Numbers. The final few seconds of the Countdown clock is a pretty groovy sound haha.

soup

State of Origin Rep
Letters and Numbers.
My partner’s favourite show. I don’t mind it either tbh.

Sproj

International Rep
The IT Crowd episode about Countdown was hilarious.

And everyone watches Letters and Numbers for the host’s magic plastic smile and the dictionary guy’s long, boring explanations, nothing to do with the numbers girl at all.

mieko

QCup Player
It's been around for a few years now - it's basically the Aussie version of Countdown, which is a long running British game show. Worth checking it out on YouTube if you enjoy Letters and Numbers. The final few seconds of the Countdown clock is a pretty groovy sound haha.
I got hooked on Countdown in the UK. Carol Vorderman..wow!

Fozz

International Rep
The IT Crowd episode about Countdown was hilarious.

And everyone watches Letters and Numbers for the host’s magic plastic smile and the dictionary guy’s long, boring explanations, nothing to do with the numbers girl at all.
You shut your mouth when you're talking about Lily Serena.

Check out 8 out of 10 cats does countdown for the risque version.

BRC088

QCup Player
TIL when the train conductor says “almost Asian”, he isn’t a racist or havin’ a laugh that were almost at the Gold Coast, he means ‘Ormeau Station’.
LOL, an African bus driver got fired for calling the 130 bus through Sunnybank the Orient Express...

TIL that my best friends wife's name isn't actually her real name. :confusing:

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
LOL, an African bus driver got fired for calling the 130 bus through Sunnybank the Orient Express...

TIL that my best friends wife's name isn't actually her real name. :confusing:
Was your mates wife's old name Barry or something?

BRC088

QCup Player
Turns out allot of our ethnic bus drivers (even the lesbian ethnics) are funny, I mean racist..

News.com.com said:
Bus driver fired for describing passengers as 'spear chuckers'
A LESBIAN Asian bus driver was fired by Brisbane City Council after she wrote a note referring to commuters as "spear chuckers with prams".
Anyways, back to the learnings.

Tom

State of Origin Rep
I still laugh everytime I see someone has vandalized public property by drawing or painting a dick and balls on it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.