Todd Carney

Beachy

Beachy

QCup Player
Mar 6, 2008
Done for low range drink driving this morning on his way to a 'business meeting'

The club says it is "very disappointed in his actions" and that "whilst the matter is set to go before the courts, the Club will discuss an appropriate action with Todd in due course.

What's that saying about leopards and their spots? eusa_think

Just residual BAC from the night before, I'd say; in which case this isn't really a scandal so much as it is just bad luck.
That being said, he shouldn't be drinking at all, even in the off-season. He can't handle his booze. At all.

Doesnt look like he has learnt his lesson after all the shit he did at the Raiders. Its a shame because he was in the headlines for all the rite reasons last year. For the League and roosters fans i hope its not another year of Carney in the headlines for the wrong reasons!!

Donny said:
Doesnt look like he has learnt his lesson after all the shit he did at the Raiders. Its a shame because he was in the headlines for all the rite reasons last year. For the League and roosters fans i hope its not another year of Carney in the headlines for the wrong reasons!!

Yeah, like I said before it's hardly an act of dickheadedness. He's just been booked over a bit of booze on his breath from the last night. Since he's a P-plater it could be as low as 0.01 and still be chargeable. Hardly in the same league as leading cops on a high-speed chase or pissing on a bloke in a pub.

He blew a 0.052.

Carney: Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb

How many chances does this fucking retard get?

Come on, it's not that bad, it's barely over the limit. I reckon he should get a spray from Brian Smith and just play in rd. 1... [icon_shady

Porthoz said:
Come on, it's not that bad, it's barely over the limit. I reckon he should get a spray from Brian Smith and just play in rd. 1... [icon_shady
One article I read said he was a P Plater so means he has to be at zero.

Twiztid said:
Porthoz said:
One article I read said he was a P Plater so means he has to be at zero.
What does that have to so with Super VRL? [eusa_eh
Oh wait... :oops: [icon_shru

Porthoz said:
I'm picking up a scent of VRL bias [icon_razz1

The Rock said:
Hope you have a backup kicker Porthoz, Carney won't be kicking in round 1. [icon_wink
I do... Who are the Raiders playing in Rd.1? Jarrod Crocker better be on his best behaviour until then! :roll:

He just broke up with Liz Cantopr, that would drive me to the drink I reckon!!!

reading reports, he started drinking during the 4 Nations & it was peer pressure. :roll:

It was during last year's Four Nations tournament, while chosen for Australia, that Carney re-acquainted himself with his alcohol demons. Under the pressure of his peers and behind Darren Lockyer in the green and gold pecking order, Carney made the most of his time as an 'Emu'.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/m ... 6012506968

And while I'm happy the Roosters have said they'll stand by him, I hope privately they're putting him straight into an alcoholics rehab program. Because this is a major fall off the wagon for him.

The Rock said:
Did anyone seriously think he would last this long until he started drinking again? This guy had a massive drinking problem, it nearly ruined his life. It was always going to be a struggle for him.

To be honest I have more patience with someone who's been caught drinking drive and is getting over a drinking problem than someone random doing it. I'm not concerned about Carney's latest mishap. Clearly he had too much to drink the night before, then drove the next morning and got busted. His intention were never to drink and drive, he obviously didn't realise he had some in his system from the night before. Dumb arse yes, but that's all it is really.
I just hope he didn't drive home the night before... :roll:

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.