Todd Carney

2x standard drinks in the first hour followed by 1 std drink per hour, will keep the blood alcohol level at around the 0.05 mark. The blood alcohol will reduce approx. by 0.015 per hour in your sleep.
Now it all depends when he finished drinking to get an approximate idea of how smashed he was... [icon_shru

I still think he should play in Rd 1, but should be disqualified from driving for another 10 yrs! [icon_shady

I've got no sympathy for him. The bloke's a dickhead, how many chances does he want?

He doesn't deserve to have a career as a professional athlete. There's lots of youngsters out there who can only dream of being in Carney's position, and he's prepared to throw it all away. Complete knob.

Porthoz said:
2x standard drinks in the first hour followed by 1 std drink per hour, will keep the blood alcohol level at around the 0.05 mark. The blood alcohol will reduce approx. by 0.015 per hour in your sleep.
Now it all depends when he finished drinking to get an approximate idea of how smashed he was... [icon_shru

That might be the general rule, but in reality it differs for everyone, does it not?

ningnangnong said:
Porthoz said:

That might be the general rule, but in reality it differs for everyone, does it not?
Of course it does, as well as how much the body is used to alcohol (yes, I know with Carney it should be a lot! [icon_lol1. )
Actually, athletes will have a lower tolerance than the average person, and the difference can be significant.
But it's not like there's anyone out there that needs 5 std drinks before hitting the low range limit... [icon_wink

ningnangnong said:
I've got no sympathy for him. The bloke's a dickhead, how many chances does he want?

He doesn't deserve to have a career as a professional athlete. There's lots of youngsters out there who can only dream of being in Carney's position, and he's prepared to throw it all away. Complete knob.

harsh he has cool tatts.

Coxy said:
john1420 said:
I'm not much of a drinker so I could be totally wrong, but I would think you would have to drink a shiteload to be over the limit the next morning.

The times I've had a big night and "felt" drunk the next morning, I'd had a minimum 8 drinks the night before, and that's not standard drinks, that's pints. So probably 16-20 standard drinks. It's a lot.

He would've hit it pretty hard.

But the thing is, he probably didn't feel drunk the next day. Just hungover. It's tricky that way.
Silly thing to do, but in my opinion it's more a careless act than a reckless one.

Porthoz said:
ningnangnong said:
Porthoz said:

Of course it does, as well as how much the body is used to alcohol (yes, I know with Carney it should be a lot! [icon_lol1. )
Actually, athletes will have a lower tolerance than the average person, and the difference can be significant.
But it's not like there's anyone out there that needs 5 std drinks before hitting the low range limit... [icon_wink

A lot of factors affect your blood alcohol level and how quickly it leaves your system.

Such as your level of hydration prior to drinking, how much you had to eat, metabolism, body size. The rough guide is 1 drink an hour after you have stopped

Personally - I think the punishment was wayyyyyyyy too light.

Professor47 said:
Personally - I think the punishment was wayyyyyyyy too light.
Oh, I can leave with it... [icon_shady

hes on his Ps remember, which means he shouldnt be drinking ANY alcohol if he wants to drive in the next ~24 hours.

If you have conditions on your employment and you break them time and time again, then you get the sack. That is how my world operates anyway.

Anonymous person said:
hes on his Ps remember, which means he shouldnt be drinking ANY alcohol if he wants to drive in the next ~24 hours.

Not going to try and pretend im perfect here, When on my P's i was always under the impression 12hrs was plenty of time and would drive the next day unless i was hung over.

draggx said:
Anonymous person said:

Not going to try and pretend im perfect here, When on my P's i was always under the impression 12hrs was plenty of time and would drive the next day unless i was hung over.

It depends how much you drink. I know there's times if I have a big one that I'm still drunk (or over 0.05 anyway) more than 12 hours later.

He's not a young 17yo p plater out in the big bad world for the first time though.

He's a lot older than you would normally be on your P's - so he'd know about how long alcohol stays in the system for.

Plus I'm sure all his minders/family/friend have told him time and time and time again not to drink the day after a big day. Actually, he's not to drink at all.

I think it's obvious Carney has a mental age of 17 but and while he does need some harsher punishments throwing him out in the cold completly won't help the bloke grow up.

How about a wage cap for troubled players that is enforced everywhere they play. Say he gets capped at $200,000 everytime he ***** up it drops by 10%. Go a year without trouble get 10% back.

To boot him from the league altogether is silly imo.

If Shaun Metcalf is allowed in the NRL, Carney deserves 150 chances! [icon_shady

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • bazza
  • Mustafur
  • Sproj
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • big k
  • Harry Sack
  • Bish
  • Skyblues87
  • Foordy
  • Galah
  • BroncoFan94
  • Culhwch
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Matheos
  • bb_gun
  • BruiserMk1
  • Organix
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.