Tom Dearden Discussion

Well yes, the hypes shit as always. From what our keener students say and the clubs actions combined with a few wraps from lower grade coaches we'd have to conclude he's got tremendous potential. I think this may be a debut to remember and for all the right reasons. Imagine the meltdown and jizzfest should he have a blinder and we smack Souths. The Courier Pigeon will proclaim THE NEXT ALFIE.
And he will be linked to Melb, Roosters, Knights, and Souths.

Well yes, the hypes shit as always. From what our keener students say and the clubs actions combined with a few wraps from lower grade coaches we'd have to conclude he's got tremendous potential. I think this may be a debut to remember and for all the right reasons. Imagine the meltdown and jizzfest should he have a blinder and we smack Souths. The Courier Pigeon will proclaim THE NEXT ALFIE.

https://owlcation.com/humanities/Is-it-Bad-Rap-or-Bad-Wrap

I'm a bit out of the loop these days - is the hype around this kid warranted?

At the moment, no.

There is actually some concern for tomorrow night, to be honest. I hope people are patient with him because it may take some time for him to find his feet.

He'll be a great halfback one day.

Going to feel the world on his shoulders but I would urge young Dearden to play with freedom, no fear and bundles of heart.
Regardless of the result he will win us over, the fans, if he gives it his all.
A huge performance will set up an almighty reception back under the Suncorp lights next week.
Make us proud!

**** me
Ease up on the young fella before putting the weight of the club on his shoulders
It’s not going to the most easy transition in the world for him to begin with

I'm a bit out of the loop these days - is the hype around this kid warranted?
I don't see many of us hyping him, we're just happy Seibold has made an attempt to change the status quo and invested in a young player with possible potential. I don't think many among us are expecting anything from him yet, and will be happy to see him not leave the ground on a stretcher after letting through five tries.

I'd be happy to take a loss if we see a ray of light in the distance. I haven't seen that yet this season, even the last game.

**** me
Ease up on the young fella before putting the weight of the club on his shoulders
It’s not going to the most easy transition in the world for him to begin with
??????????
Who put the weight of the world on his shoulders?

Way to misread!

What a debut game for the kid. Starting in the halves at 18 for a club like us is one thing, but amidst the Seibold v Bennett media narrative and the Niko situation, damn.

Hope he kills it.

Good news for Tom is that all he needs to not do is not drop a kick off in extra time after closing up shop for the last 20 minutes and making 3 seperate mistakes in the last 5 minutes of a grand final and he will be fine!

Oh shiieeet..

Kent tonight talking about the try celebration today and the Broncos copying Wally and Alf. No if you're having a milestone game the player scores the last try of training always been done at the Broncos.

The Wally Alf celebration wasn't 1987 it was 1988, Alf didn't get MOTM, and it wasn't his debut.

But other than all that quality commentary of the situation.

Kent tonight talking about the try celebration today and the Broncos copying Wally and Alf. No if you're having a milestone game the player scores the last try of training always been done at the Broncos.

The Wally Alf celebration wasn't 1987 it was 1988, Alf didn't get MOTM, and it wasn't his debut.

But other than all that quality commentary of the situation.
I was a bit worried - Kent was the voice of reason last night. Good to see everything is back to normal again.

I'm worried as... heck... for him. What a spotlight to be under.

With Haas it was exciting because he was coming off the bench, just needed to do a job and he could be subbed off if and when necessary. Dearden is there from the opening whistle, and expected to be there at the final hooter, is charged with running the show for the Broncos and there is just nowhere for the fucker to hide.

Best of luck kid, do your best and we'll all be proud of you.

Good luck young fella

Active Now

• heartly87
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Manifesto
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • whykickamoocow
  • IceWorks
  • LGH
  • broncotville
  • Fozz
  • Spooky1013
  • cento
  • Alec
  • sooticus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncosAlways
  • Santa
  • Johnny92
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.