NEWS Top Bronco sends SOS to Israel

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018

HScreenshot 2021 03 04 Top Bronco wants Folau to return to Red Hill

Raving heterosexual Israel Folau is back in Brisbane, and many would like to see him trooping his former colours again. Coach Kevin Walters counts himself a fan, but Brisbane have not approached Israel with an offer.

Broncos captain Alex Glenn won't stand in the way:

“I would love to see him back. Everyone makes mistakes and everyone is judging him about his opinions, but if you go back to his days playing rugby league he was unbelievable. If he was to come to the Broncos it would be unbelievable. He is still a striking force in my eyes."

“I know as soon as he laces up those boots it is natural habitat for him to go out there and rip up opposition. It would be unreal to get him back in the game. I don’t condone what he says but everyone has their right to voice their opinion. I don’t stand for what he says but I believe he shouldn’t be judged for the rest of his life by what he says. He was one of the best in the game before he went to AFL and when he went to rugby he was ripping it up. His talents are there. I would love to see him back in a rugby league jersey at the Broncos.”

INSTAGRAM GETTY israel folau homophobic 1120
It's never too late to quit boozing, lying, pinching, cussing and bumming your buddy

QLD captain Daly Cherry Evans wants him back in maroon:

“From what I have been told, Israel played great footy (for Catalans) so if he’s available for Queensland, why not bring him back to rugby league. I wouldn’t say no to Israel Folau lining up for Queensland again. Our game is a funny game, we’ve had some people do some pretty crazy things after the years and they have had some flexible second chances. I guess it’s how you compare what Israel has done compared to other cases in the NRL on what you think is bad and good (behaviour). Israel said what he said. I wouldn’t object to him coming back. I don’t condone what he has said, but if he wants to come back into the game as a player, I don’t have a problem with it.”

Dragons skipper Ben Hunt regrets not landing the big fish:

“It’s a touchy subject but just looking at him as a footy player I was disappointed in that sense (that he didn’t sign with the Dragons). I had two years with him at the Broncos and just to see the athlete he was and what he can bring to a team, you have to get excited about that. I think Izzy would be great (back in rugby league). Just his presence and talent on the field, if you put Izzy out there, the defence is already shaky before the ball is even kicked off. He is now a veteran and has been around the game for a long time and seen a lot of things. He would bring some knowledge to a dressing room.”

McHunt

Last edited:
Purely from a I want to see the best footy possible perspective, I'd love to see him back in league, whether that's at the Broncos or not. I think he'd still be one of the best centres in the game.

I can't imagine it happening with our club, given we get lambasted by the media for minor indiscretions but damn he'd be a pretty good fix for what is a pretty weak position in our squad right now.

The only club that could sign him and get away with it would be the Roosters. For 200k in the middle of June.

ironically, sums up our club quite well this story....

Will they offer him a contract at the Caxton after a few bevvies.....bet thats the plan...:rofl

Last edited:
I want to see him back in the NRL. If it's with Brisbane even better.

Last edited:
Lol so now they're trying to manufacturer drama by dragging us into a Folau debate

Nek Minute: "Broncos haven't ruled out recruiting Folau... everyone be outraged!!!"

View attachment 11642

Raving heterosexual Israel Folau is back in Brisbane, and many would like to see him trooping his former colours again. Coach Kevin Walters counts himself a fan, but Brisbane have not approached Israel with an offer.

Broncos captain Alex Glenn won't stand in the way:

“I would love to see him back. Everyone makes mistakes and everyone is judging him about his opinions, but if you go back to his days playing rugby league he was unbelievable. If he was to come to the Broncos it would be unbelievable. He is still a striking force in my eyes."

“I know as soon as he laces up those boots it is natural habitat for him to go out there and rip up opposition. It would be unreal to get him back in the game. I don’t condone what he says but everyone has their right to voice their opinion. I don’t stand for what he says but I believe he shouldn’t be judged for the rest of his life by what he says. He was one of the best in the game before he went to AFL and when he went to rugby he was ripping it up. His talents are there. I would love to see him back in a rugby league jersey at the Broncos.”

View attachment 11643It's never too late to quit boozing, lying, pinching, cussing and bumming your buddy

QLD captain Daly Cherry Evans wants him back in maroon:

“From what I have been told, Israel played great footy (for Catalans) so if he’s available for Queensland, why not bring him back to rugby league. I wouldn’t say no to Israel Folau lining up for Queensland again. Our game is a funny game, we’ve had some people do some pretty crazy things after the years and they have had some flexible second chances. I guess it’s how you compare what Israel has done compared to other cases in the NRL on what you think is bad and good (behaviour). Israel said what he said. I wouldn’t object to him coming back. I don’t condone what he has said, but if he wants to come back into the game as a player, I don’t have a problem with it.”

Dragons skipper Ben Hunt regrets not landing the big fish:

“It’s a touchy subject but just looking at him as a footy player I was disappointed in that sense (that he didn’t sign with the Dragons). I had two years with him at the Broncos and just to see the athlete he was and what he can bring to a team, you have to get excited about that. I think Izzy would be great (back in rugby league). Just his presence and talent on the field, if you put Izzy out there, the defence is already shaky before the ball is even kicked off. He is now a veteran and has been around the game for a long time and seen a lot of things. He would bring some knowledge to a dressing room.”

McHunt
Shit I tick all those boxes on this list. Well maybe not the gay one.

I’d take him. He’d be a better fullback than Isaako. My gay mates will hopefully forgive me eventually.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • broncs30
  • DrGee
  • Fozz
  • MrTickyMcG
  • winslow_wong
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Jazza
  • ChewThePhatt
  • LittleDavey
  • Kev_Guz
  • eggstar10
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Gray
  • Painin the Haas
  • Broncosgirl
  • Nerd
  • Midean
  • Robboi_321
  • something
... and 45 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.