Touch football

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Watching the australia-New Zealand series on Fox Sports this morning. God it's a crap game. I hate the "dump", I hate the voluntary touches. The girls are useless, they just sit on the wing and wait for the blokes to do something.

It's such a shit sport.

A girl who I work with plays touch and she says she hates it because the girls just get shoved on the wing and the guys do all the work. I made the suggestion to take a leaf out of the Oztag book and make girls tries worth 2 points.

Anyway, touch is still fun, Oztag is better though.

Just watching the women playing now. It's sooooooo slow. They just go sideways, stop, sideways, stop, switch, stop. Blech.

At least with Oztag you can attack a gap and have a chance to go through. Touch is just so boring - run them around and hope you create an overlap.

Coxy said:
Watching the australia-New Zealand series on Fox Sports this morning. God it's a crap game. I hate the "dump", I hate the voluntary touches. The girls are useless, they just sit on the wing and wait for the blokes to do something.

It's such a shit sport.

They sit on the wing because thats what all the girls do....its what they are told to do in mixed. At least in defence! This is so they dont get dominated by the opposing guys through the middle.

However it doesnt really excuse them for standing out there in attack...really they should get involved because 4 guys cant get past 7 opposition players [icon_lol1.

I'm disappointed that these girl's men are going hungry. Selfish.

I'm actually looking at starting a local Touch comp over summer. Does anyone know if there's a national body that I have to do it through?

I'd be happy with it if a) you were penalised for voluntary touches (ie, touching a defender deliberately), b) you have to touch the ball with your foot when you play it and c) advantage for loose balls on the ground (ie, if it goes back and you pick up, play on...if it goes forward and defender picks up, play on).

Haven't checked the rules enough to see if those rules are part of it.

Otherwise it's just gay touch with kicking.

Coxy said:
I'd be happy with it if a) you were penalised for voluntary touches (ie, touching a defender deliberately), b) you have to touch the ball with your foot when you play it and c) advantage for loose balls on the ground (ie, if it goes back and you pick up, play on...if it goes forward and defender picks up, play on).

Haven't checked the rules enough to see if those rules are part of it.

Otherwise it's just gay touch with kicking.
I looked over the rules, and b.) you must play the ball with your foot, and a voluntary touch a.) results in a penalty. Can't see if you can have a marker? eusa_think

You can't drop the ball backwards though, which would just make it easier for people who have come from touch footy to adjust too so I have no issues with that. We're supposed to register for our new Touch season this week so I'm gonna find out if people would rather give this a go...let's see what prevails! _woohoo_

Another good thing is that dummy half can get touched and score tries. icon_thumbs_u

I think they need to add the advantage rule. I mean hell, you can kick the ball into the ground and pick it up, you should be able to pass backwards and hit the ground too.

hmmm the hubby has given it the thumbs down. Too far away. BOO HISS! oh well.

Oh so your the type of woman that bows down to her husbands every wish and demand.....

Aeetee said:
Oh so your the type of woman that bows down to her husbands every wish and demand.....
:oops: :oops: maybe

hahaha i don't be embarrassed. Women like you are hard to find hahahah...i'm kidding i'm kidding :)

Yeah well see in Tee's marriage, his missus wears the pants. Tee bends over and takes his medicine!

Suppository FTW!

When I was in the army we used to play touchrugby. The rules were the same for league (ball on ground playon) but made it a 2 handed touch so there were no phantom touches and you could actually run good lines and use 2nd man plays properly.

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.