TPJ, McCullough, Isaako future

How is isaako going at the back? My foxtel is stuffing up and cant watch the game.
Been a little quiet.

Has looked safe at the back and under the high ball albeit not against a difficult kicking game, but he will get called out for a bomb that landed in no mans land between him and Jorge.

The attack has been a little clunky... seems at times the spine isn't really on the same page and they haven't really connected in a fluid movement as yet. Isaako did pop what I thought was a reasonable touch pass to Seve which was dropped (looked like Seve was having a look) and had a dig himself, but hasn't really had the opportunities.

I would like to see Milf take ownership and play as the first receiver. The rest of the spine probably have less than 30 games in the spine between them (CHT, Luai and Isaako @1) so it would be nice to see Milf stand up and make sure everything runs through him.

Been a little quiet.

Has looked safe at the back and under the high ball albeit not against a difficult kicking game, but he will get called out for a bomb that landed in no mans land between him and Jorge.

The attack has been a little clunky... seems at times the spine isn't really on the same page and they haven't really connected in a fluid movement as yet. Isaako did pop what I thought was a reasonable touch pass to Seve which was dropped (looked like Seve was having a look) and had a dig himself, but hasn't really had the opportunities.

I would like to see Milf take ownership and play as the first receiver. The rest of the spine probably have less than 30 games in the spine between them (CHT, Luai and Isaako @1) so it would be nice to see Milf stand up and make sure everything runs through him.
Bugger, i was hoping he would stand up and put pressure on boyd.

Even if he just sniffs around the ruck for some offloads.

Bugger, i was hoping he would stand up and put pressure on boyd.

Even if he just sniffs around the ruck for some offloads.
Very clunky and quiet game overall.. and that's for every player not just Isaako. Thought Milf was best on field, but some of the PNG boys put in strong efforts.

Isaako started struggling under the highball in the second half as well although one bomb he had to run 15-20m forward to try and take, which he took, but juggled it.. the second was a good floater that had a player coming through with those phantom attempts that just look to distract the fullback rather than compete for the ball, which he spilled.

Samoa didn't really seem to have too many chances inside the 20m and mostly just kept it tight around the ruck, so not really a game that showcased explosive attacking play... hard for Isaako to really get involved.

Very clunky and quiet game overall.. and that's for every player not just Isaako. Thought Milf was best on field, but some of the PNG boys put in strong efforts.

Isaako started struggling under the highball in the second half as well although one bomb he had to run 15-20m forward to try and take, which he took, but juggled it.. the second was a good floater that had a player coming through with those phantom attempts that just look to distract the fullback rather than compete for the ball, which he spilled.

Samoa didn't really seem to have too many chances inside the 20m and mostly just kept it tight around the ruck, so not really a game that showcased explosive attacking play... hard for Isaako to really get involved.
Thanks for the info

You guys know how much rope I've been willing to throw Pangai, especially after his game against the Cows, but as of recently I am now of the opinion that I wouldn't be throwing him anything higher than 750k at this stage. There's a bit of looks like a Tarzan plays like a Jane going on here. It might just be symptomatic of other things going on at the club right now, but you can only pay what you see.

I'd be offering him a 300k 1 year extension.

I think 1 year was a mistake last time, he seems to be trying too hard to prove he's a high salary player and is overdoing it a lot of the time. I'd still give him 2 to let him ease into it. In terms of salary, nothing above 500K right now.

Thanks for the info

Id go 600k for 3 years for tpj that’s fair.
I think that's a fair and reasonable amount. He is massively over rated at the moment but for 600, 000 it'd be worth the risk with the ceiling he has

I think that's a fair and reasonable amount. He is massively over rated at the moment but for 600, 000 it'd be worth the risk with the ceiling he has

yeh..its the ceiling after all that's intriguing...probably have to make allowances within that contract (which I think is fair enough..) to accomodate performance based increases to his base salary should he begin to demonstrate he is Tamalola V.2 for instance....

Besides the Cowboys game he's been putting in Roberts level effort for a lot of games.

Besides the Cowboys game he's been putting in Roberts level effort for a lot of games.

Bit harsh. He’s been adequate, but nowhere near his potential. There’s no way he can sustain Cowboys game efforts, but he needs to bring his floor up. I’m curious as to what Seibold wants of him. Does he want an enforcer? Does he want an offloading attacking weapon? A solid no-frills 15/150 & 30-odd tackles? Or a combination?

I wouldn't say he's lacking in effort... his form has just been all over the place.

Defence has been poor and he's been trying too hard to compensate the lack of form on the back of that (stupid offloads, etc.)

Bit harsh. He’s been adequate, but nowhere near his potential. There’s no way he can sustain Cowboys game efforts, but he needs to bring his floor up. I’m curious as to what Seibold wants of him. Does he want an enforcer? Does he want an offloading attacking weapon? A solid no-frills 15/150 & 30-odd tackles? Or a combination?
I think Seibs is currently playing him in 3x 20min stints, so I suspect he wants him providing impact.

He can't do it on his own though... the rest of the team need to follow him when he's trying to up the ante and come along with him.

Again it's an attitude issue with the team, but could be a symptom of the rep rounds with players preserving their bodies to make rep teams.

I saw that too but there has been no talk of it since.... but if he was to go the broncos would be in a great place cap wise..... doesn't matter anyway we can just use the roosters method....CHEAT
[automerge]1560245718[/automerge]

agreed... I reckon Farnworth over Coates though.... plus Farnworth is a handy kicker
I know you wrote this a week ago... but currently Coates has just jumped past franworth and Izaia perese to grab a spot on the extended bench against the knights
[automerge]1561507208[/automerge]
Even then to be fair that game the only effective tackle he made was the one on Macca as the rest were way late and the only other memorable thing was that bstnstorming run to score s try but other than that he wasn’t great

Last edited:
Anyone heard anything from lodge on whether he's interested the the warriors potential offer? Would suck to lose our best forward... Say it ain't so.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.