CONTROVERSIAL Transgender Olympic level swimmers

If I were a woman, I'd be pissed.

If transgender athletes actually cared about being women, they'd accept that they, regardless of how they feel about it, have a natural advantage through pure biology and choose to not compete in sports.

But they don't, so really they don't care about anyone but themselves, at the cost of others.

The actual women who competed in that event have now been denied winning championships and possible progression in athletic careers, because their CV won't say 'Ivy League Championships Winner 2022'

The fact they're breaking records set by then-future Olympians says everything you need to know it's not right.

Not everything is about winning...........

The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

If I were a woman, I'd be pissed.

If transgender athletes actually cared about being women, they'd accept that they, regardless of how they feel about it, have a natural advantage through pure biology and choose to not compete in sports.

But they don't, so really they don't care about anyone but themselves, at the cost of others.

The actual women who competed in that event have now been denied winning championships and possible progression in athletic careers, because their CV won't say 'Ivy League Championships Winner 2022'

The fact they're breaking records set by then-future Olympians says everything you need to know it's not right.

Most literally do not believe this to be the case.

I'll wait to see how they perform at world class level. There's been a few cases of MTF's competing in womens sport at the highest level and they pretty much all lose to their cisgender equivs.

I agree trans women should not compete against biologically female athletes .

But,,, Caster Semenya ???

How many of those types are there around though? That’s a very unique seemingly natural circumstance, much different to a choice.

In football, FIFAs current gender verification policy dates to 30 May 2011. In June 2012, in advance of the 2012 Summer Olympics , the IOC released IOC Regulations on Female Hyperandrogenism to address these cases. It includes the statement, "Nothing in these Regulations is intended to make any determination of sex. Instead, these Regulations are designed to identify circumstances in which a particular athlete will not be eligible (by reason of hormonal characteristics) to participate in 2012 Olympic Games (OG) Competitions in the female category. In the event that the athlete has been declared ineligible to compete in the female category, the athlete may be eligible to compete as a male athlete, if the athlete qualifies for the male event of the sport."[17]

Sex verification tests began in 1950 with the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF), using physical examinations. "Sex segregation and verification are mutually interdependent because, if there were no claims or basis for having separate male and female sporting events, there would be no need for sex verification testing."[8] The Dutch athlete Foeke as banned for life in July 1950. The International Olympic Committee followed suit in 1968.

Initially, women athletes "were asked to parade nude before a panel of doctors".[10] For a period of time these tests were mandatory for female athletes, due to fears that male athletes would pose as female athletes and have an unfair advantage over their competitors.[10]

Sex verification tests began in 1950 with the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF), using physical examinations. "Sex segregation and verification are mutually interdependent because, if there were no claims or basis for having separate male and female sporting events, there would be no need for sex verification testing."[8] The Dutch athlete Foekje Dillema was banned for life in July 1950. The International Olympic Committee followed suit in 1968.[9][10] Initially, women athletes "were asked to parade nude before a panel of doctors".[10] For a period of time these tests were mandatory for female athletes, due to fears that male athletes would pose as female athletes and have an unfair advantage over their competitors.[10]
BRB going to med school

Yea I think it's extremely unfair to allow biological males to compete against females (in most sports - where speed/strength are a factor - there are a few where it doesn't matter as much), and you risk damaging female sports (which has grown so much in the last few decades) if allowed to continue.

If gender is fluid (which I still don't understand how), then instead of splitting by gender, split by sex at birth.

But after typing all this I did some reading. Sounds like we really do need more studies on all this, as the data so far is pretty scarce. Although the Scientific American one doesn't seem very "scientific".

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Sproj
  • bazza
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • Galah
  • Mustafur
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Painin the Haas
  • Tim K
  • Organix
  • Mr Fourex
  • winslow_wong
  • LittleDavey
  • Johnny92
  • kman
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.