Trashy Rugby League Journalism 2017

If she's forgiven his affair/ affairs why do the public need to know ?
I think Kayla obviously agreed to do those interviews. It must be part of Boyd's rehabilitation and acceptance of his illness which seems likely given his compete 180 in life.

Either way I'm glad it's all out in the open and can't be used against him by other scum journalists in the future. And if it is then the jokes on them.

It was a low act for sure. Boyd must be feeling crap now and it was so unnecessary. Wish there was a way to show our support for him and disgust with channel 9.

I think Kayla obviously agreed to do those interviews. It must be part of Boyd's rehabilitation and acceptance of his illness which seems likely given his compete 180 in life.

Either way I'm glad it's all out in the open and can't be used against him by other scum journalists in the future. And if it is then the jokes on them.
Kayla agreed to do an interview about internet bullying. Channel 9 decided to focus it on Darius's indiscretion instead. Scumbags cut a 40 minute interview down to a 2 minute assassination.

Benny Elias on 360 tonight asks Rothfield what good the Tim Simona confession ( dating back 3 years about taking coke on a Mad Monday cruise ) did for the game or what did it achieve. Rothfield just answered by saying " I don't get paid to promote Rugby League"

The prick makes a living from it but slips the slipper every chance he gets. Both he and Kent defend journos by saying all they want is truth and transparency but they are not truthful or transparent about the reasons they right this type of stuff.

Benny Elias on 360 tonight asks Rothfield what good the Tim Simona confession ( dating back 3 years about taking coke on a Mad Monday cruise ) did for the game or what did it achieve. Rothfield just answered by saying " I don't get paid to promote Rugby League"

The prick makes a living from it but slips the slipper every chance he gets. Both he and Kent defend journos by saying all they want is truth and transparency but they are not truthful or transparent about the reasons they right this type of stuff.
I agree, they always have to go a step further for sensationalism. These are real peoples lives.
Yet they wonder about suicide in the NRL.

We just need to turn the tables on the journos, apply the blowtorch to them. Get a photo of Kent coming out of a newsagent/ store, take multiple photos until we get the inevitable facial scowl ,the ones that are simply the stage when transitioning through the thousands of contortions our faces go through and then write about how furious he was with a paraplegic child with bone cancer in a wheelchair who blocked his path momentarily. Doesn't have to be true like his journalism isn't......we could simply make up some shit about Rothfield that allegedly happened in the 70s and cut and paste it on multiple media sites....lots of people snowballing.

Of course I'm joking, most of us wouldn't do shit like that but maybe that's what journos need, being treated as they treat others.

Of course I'm joking, most of us wouldn't do shit like that but maybe that's what journos need, being treated as they treat others.

ha ha ha....no, of course not.

suspicious.gif

......we could simply make up some shit about Rothfield that allegedly happened in the 70s and cut and paste it on multiple media sites....lots of people snowballing.

Drug taking....did he inhale?

A homosexual ménage à trois' perhaps .....leak the photos?

I could photoshop some big hands on him.

The issue I have with this situation is that it's completely manufactured. If Kent had have just accused Milford of being a lazy trainer making Wayne angry and Kent later clarified his position in an article that would have been OK.

But the way he went about it was in terrible form.

There are so many issues involved, but the biggest for me is that it feels like a desperate ratings grab by Steve Crawley. There's no secret that there is a ratings war going on between The Footy Show and the Matty Johns show, and the level Fox are stooping to in order to attract viewers is disgusting. Kent wasn't trying to distribute news, he was trying to make himself the news so Crawley could have a hook for his boring magazine show.

I knew Kent had the tact of an online message board troll, but I didn't realise he had the integrity of a sock puppet.

Journos are right up there with politicians. Lying fucking ***** who'll say whatever they have to to get ahead. It would be great if they had any sort of integrity but it'll never happen.

When a journalist makes a statement quoting someone it's reasonable to assume that they have at least verified the accuracy of the quote and are putting it in context because that's what a professional journalist should do. Kent was repeating hearsay. Twisted half truths are lies.
Ikin is a shit stirrer. My guess is that he is on his mother in laws side and is not a friend of Wayne or the Broncos anymore.
Benji needs to stop big noting himself off the field and start performing on it. We have staff that can count the number of reps Milford does.
This kind of scumbag journalism exists because there's a market for it. It's interesting that the Broncos get all these Friday night games and such a tough draw (so tv can have blockbuster games) because we have such a large fan base but our popularity doesn't stop the media from attacking us. Maybe if we all stopped consuming this shit we wouldn't be treated like dung beetles.

It was a really poor moment for Paul Kent last night (and that's saying something, because the bloke's career was created on poor moments). Implying that Wayne is losing the plot because he's left his wife. It was really personal and inappropriate. I was pretty appalled.

When a journalist makes a statement quoting someone it's reasonable to assume that they have at least verified the accuracy of the quote and are putting it in context because that's what a professional journalist should do. Kent was repeating hearsay. Twisted half truths are lies.
Ikin is a shit stirrer. My guess is that he is on his mother in laws side and is not a friend of Wayne or the Broncos anymore.
Benji needs to stop big noting himself off the field and start performing on it. We have staff that can count the number of reps Milford does.
This kind of scumbag journalism exists because there's a market for it. It's interesting that the Broncos get all these Friday night games and such a tough draw (so tv can have blockbuster games) because we have such a large fan base but our popularity doesn't stop the media from attacking us. Maybe if we all stopped consuming this shit we wouldn't be treated like dung beetles.

He's the husband of Wayne's daughter. He should be adult enough to not take 'sides' and wake up to himself if that was even remotely true.

If you thought Kent was bad, have a read of this. It's like, "I have nothing new to report but I just want to sink the boot in. Oh, and I want to slyly stick in the juicy sleazy personal stuff somehow".
Weidler, nuff said. From the smh.

March 25 2017 - 7:38PM
For weeks now Wayne Bennett has tried to laugh off our early-season report that he has lost his aura. Now he is making news for calling police because he thinks that News Corp has been staking him out as a photographer tries to snap photos of him and his new partner.
Bennett is at war with the only paper in town; Bennett is interrogating players about leaking; he is dozing in team meetings; and he is at war with one of his former confidants, Fox and News Corp journalist Paul Kent, the man who sits beside Ben Ikin on NRL 360.
Ikin is married to Bennett's daughter. It places Ikin in an awkward position as there is considerable anger from Bennett's family towards Wayne because of the affair.
Bennett used to be a man the players looked up to. Those days appear to be disappearing.

His achievements on the field are exceptional, but some of his recent work is questionable. The way he left Newcastle in a mess and bolted to the Broncos typifies the new Bennett. Brisbane club bosses brought in Bennett because Lachlan Murdoch wanted him to get the job. Murdoch wasn't to know what a mess it would create.
Bennett doesn't quite get the media. He thinks it's there for him to manipulate, as he did when he was desperately campaigning for the Kangaroos job, which Mal Meninga eventually got. Bennett was providing information to journalists who could help him in his campaign. Meninga was aware of that.
Bennett thinks we write things for fun or not based on information. The truth is that Bennett's aura is gone. The sheds are not a happy place. He has professional players who are doing their job. For now.
Bennett needs to do the same and stop worrying about stuff that he recently referred to as "white noise".

If you thought Kent was bad, have a read of this. It's like, "I have nothing new to report but I just want to sink the boot in. Oh, and I want to slyly stick in the juicy sleazy personal stuff somehow".
Weidler, nuff said. From the smh.
Wow. This bloke's parents must be embarrassed about what they raised.

Active Now

• Griffo
  • broncos4life
  • Behold
  • Alec
  • Justwin
  • Bucking Beads
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
  • Johnny92
  • mieko
  • BooKhaki
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.