Trashy Rugby League Journalism 2017

There should be laws to stop the media printing unverified garbage.

Government can't do shit. Touch the media, you lose trust. It's rubbish.

For all Kents bleatings about how News had nothing to do with paparazzi taking photos etc, here we have today front page of the Sunday Mail and page three of the Telecrap, pictures and stories about Wayne and his new missus out on the town. What a bunch of scumbags.

I'm pretty close to giving up on league if I'm being completely honest.

It was a low act for sure. Boyd must be feeling crap now and it was so unnecessary. Wish there was a way to show our support for him and disgust with channel 9.

There is. Get Foxtel and never have to watch (more importantly listen to) a Channel 9 game again, until grand final day.

For all Kents bleatings about how News had nothing to do with paparazzi taking photos etc, here we have today front page of the Sunday Mail and page three of the Telecrap, pictures and stories about Wayne and his new missus out on the town. What a bunch of scumbags.
Is there anything derogatory in the article or is just gossip ?

To be fair and accurate Kent said that the League journos had nothing to do with the papparazzi and by Bennett banning the media he was doing nothing because it was not the league journos who decide what goes in the paper.

I am no apologist for Kent BTW, IMO he has a massive ego since his first season and a half on 360 ( when I liked him ).
He seems to be full of himself these days and as far as I'm concerned is becoming a grub.

His explanation of his Benji comment that he never mentioned Benji as a source and that WB manipulated his comment was half smart at best and smacked of someone trying to wiggle out of something.

Anyone, let alone a long time journo, who makes a comment like he did then backs it up with "I know Benji is horrified" has to expect that everyone would assume he spoke with Benji.
On Matty Johns late show on Thursday he then tries to explain he has no interest in WBs private life, " nothing to do with me",
then saying how ppl around WB are concerned because he no longer holds to the values which were once important to him among other things and saying WB couldn't expect to own the media like he has in the past.

IMHO he was warning WB that he was privy to information and to pull your head in or else, like I said, just becoming self important grub enjoying his time in the spotlight.

Broncos as a whole could do something about Kent. Start "don't click on Kent" campaign. It's the only way to get through him. @Morkel, maybe a banner.

To be fair and accurate Kent said that the League journos had nothing to do with the papparazzi and by Bennett banning the media he was doing nothing because it was not the league journos who decide what goes in the paper.

I am no apologist for Kent BTW, IMO he has a massive ego since his first season and a half on 360 ( when I liked him ).
He seems to be full of himself these days and as far as I'm concerned is becoming a grub.

His explanation of his Benji comment that he never mentioned Benji as a source and that WB manipulated his comment was half smart at best and smacked of someone trying to wiggle out of something.

Anyone, let alone a long time journo, who makes a comment like he did then backs it up with "I know Benji is horrified" has to expect that everyone would assume he spoke with Benji.
On Matty Johns late show on Thursday he then tries to explain he has no interest in WBs private life, " nothing to do with me",
then saying how ppl around WB are concerned because he no longer holds to the values which were once important to him among other things and saying WB couldn't expect to own the media like he has in the past.

IMHO he was warning WB that he was privy to information and to pull your head in or else, like I said, just becoming self important grub enjoying his time in the spotlight.
Sports Sunday on nine having a go, dropping bombs with: Bennett's daughter doesn't even speak to him. Blah blah affair..blah blah.

Stomach turning.

Yeah, let's tear down a sport's icon on a sports show, by delving into his private life.

Bennett won't shut up because of threats. They release any further information about Bennett and they prove exactly what Bennett accused them of - and that's that they're bottom-feeding trash. Bennett holds all the cards here, the media know it and they're hating it.

Sick of Wayne being precious over this. He's a public figure and is well compensated. After Australian story and his books etc he left his wife for his younger girlfriend. Of course the press are going to be interested. Wayne should be big enough to ignore it instead of making it bigger by imposing media bans etc.

Sick of Wayne being precious over this. He's a public figure and is well compensated. After Australian story and his books etc he left his wife for his younger girlfriend. Of course the press are going to be interested. Wayne should be big enough to ignore it instead of making it bigger by imposing media bans etc.
Whether he is high profile or not no one should be expected to stay in a relationship that is toxic to them. We don't say that to women nor should we say it to men. I find it reprehensible that anyone should suggest that , this is the inference here.

He's not being precious, he's wanting his private life left alone. The excuse that he is high profile is vile and it's speaks volumes about our society and what we have come to think of as our right. We have no right to his private life. It's the public who feed these leeches. I want WB to be happy, I want 99% of the world to be happy, the other 1% are the scum, the murders,rapists,con men the dregs. They can get fucked of course.

He shouldn't have to turn the other cheek, like everyone he should be free to conduct his two lives separately. His public offerings can be held to the light, his personal life, excluding criminality should be just that,private. **** Kent and Ikin and all the gutter journalists and media.

Whether he is high profile or not no one should be expected to stay in a relationship that is toxic to them. We don't say that to women nor should we say it to men. I find it reprehensible that anyone should suggest that , this is the inference here.

He's not being precious, he's wanting his private life left alone. The excuse that he is high profile is vile and it's speaks volumes about our society and what we have come to think of as our right. We have no right to his private life. It's the public who feed these leeches. I want WB to be happy, I want 99% of the world to be happy, the other 1% are the scum, the murders,rapists,con men the dregs. They can get fucked of course.

He shouldn't have to turn the other cheek, like everyone he should be free to conduct his two lives separately. His public offerings can be held to the light, his personal life, excluding criminality should be just that,private. **** Kent and Ikin and all the gutter journalists and media.
Well said.

I'd say it's not just the personal attacks on himself he's pissed off with.
The Boyd article & attacks on Milf & Hunt would have started his anger. He looked annoyed with the way they turned on Hayne as well. Don't blame him, They're revolting.

"Maybe we don't need to be like AFL, we don't need to think strategic and long term." - Ben Ikin

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Justwin
  • marw
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fozz
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Strop
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncorob
  • Mustafur
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • Dash
  • Brocko
  • Jedhead
  • jd87
  • Cavalo
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.