Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

My measure of a coach success is progression. If we're better by the end of the season than we were at the start, then I'm happy.

Of course, I don't mean progressing from wooden spoon to 14th spot by this. There is a minimal standard we must demand as the Broncos, and that is at the very least a finals spot, unless there are extraordinary circumstances (like a succession of injuries to our better players) explaining a worse outcome.

What happens if we miss the eight? Will any criticism of Seibold be allowed without the writer being labelled a WB fanboy? How much failure can we bear before an allowable condemning post can be made without strident defence of the new blood coach being the response? Truth is, if Seibold fails his record can fairly be contrasted with the previous coach and that would be true of and true for any coach in a similar situation. If he fails I will absolutely say, what a fucked decision it was to dump our coach but by the same token if he is a great success I will laud the wisdom and foresight of the decision makers.

If he merely matches the previous coaches record I will think it a pointless exercise to have removed him and will need to be convinced there was still some advantage under that scenario.

Seibold has only one option or rather key performance indicator, that is he MUST be better and he MUST achieve a higher threshold. We didn't hire him to achieve a lower standard. Better results only permissible. Otherwise, what was the point?
Cause the last coach is pretty much gonna die in the next 10 or so years by statistics..
Why don't we look for the next long term coach..

If he matches his performance then it'd surely be a worthy exercise. Remember the broncos are a business, and positive media exposure is also a good thing for the club financially through sponsorship and attracting new fans. If seibold matches his performance but with added positive media exposure then surely it'd be good for business. And anyway, we were going backwards under Bennett since 2015, so is that any better then starting off slower then improving every year? I don't expect mediocrity, but that doesn't mean I expect a premiership after the first year. Also, if we waited for when Bennett wanted to retire and didn't carry out this "pointless" exercise then we would be absolutely screwed in 3 years time with no premiership to our name anyway. Bennett is the greatest coach of all time, but that doesn't mean he is the best coach for us at this time. Most people can see that, but once again, I doubt your wrong and anyone who disagrees with you is an idiot for not seeing the truth
You were going beautifully right up until that last sentence where you morphed into a complete ****. I have no idea how you have the audacity to presume to know what 'most people can see'. It's you're not your. You're not an idiot just because you disagree with me.

My measure of a coach success is progression. If we're better by the end of the season than we were at the start, then I'm happy.

Of course, I don't mean progressing from wooden spoon to 14th spot by this. There is a minimal standard we must demand as the Broncos, and that is at the very least a finals spot, unless there are extraordinary circumstances (like a succession of injuries to our better players) explaining a worse outcome.
The future is of less importance than the now. We changed coaches prematurely because the management expect change and it's inconceivable they wanted that change to be for the worse. Simple logic would demand improvement or at a very minimum the same levels of success. No matter your allegiances or desires Seibold simply must exceed WBs achievement and I don't mean his historical achievement other than this most recent period of his stewardship. If we go backwards then it's a fail and no amount of rationalization about the future will change that. Every single fan should expect Seibold to at least match the recent standards. That said, when we play Souths it's **** WB and I am definitely very much behind Seibold and understand the reasoning behind the change but I absolutely will hold the management responsible for the decision, good, bad or indifferent.

You were going beautifully right up until that last sentence where you morphed into a complete ****. I have no idea how you have the audacity to presume to know what 'most people can see'. It's you're not your. You're not an idiot just because you disagree with me.
I shouldn't have assumed you would do that but tbf so fair play to you.... But I have not seen you have a debate where you don't belittle the OPINION of the other person and make out that your OPINION is fact and the other person's OPINION is totally ridiculous (and no that is not a grammar error, I have tried to highlight the word opinion so that you understand that that's what you, and everyone else, are expressing most of the time. Just because it isn't your own does not mean it is wrong)

Thought he was basically hired because they thought he could achieve at least the same standard for a longer period.

The thing is i doubt there will be much of a honeymoon period for Seibold. The Broncos job is high pressure, high expectations. We arent some tin pot club like the Tigers or Newcastle. I think the bare minimum will be finals football, as it always has been really. If we fail the pressure on him will be immense imo. Seibold has a great chance here to cement himself as the best coach in the game, and i think its fair to expect him to deliver.

Genuine question...
Do you think, feel, believe he will deliver?

I shouldn't have assumed you would do that but tbf so fair play to you.... But I have not seen you have a debate where you don't belittle the OPINION of the other person and make out that your OPINION is fact and the other person's OPINION is totally ridiculous (and no that is not a grammar error, I have tried to highlight the word opinion so that you understand that that's what you, and everyone else, are expressing most of the time. Just because it isn't your own does not mean it is wrong)
It's (not seeing a debate where I don't belittle someone) because you're predisposed to ONLY see that which fits your narrative or presupposition. Thanks for highlighting that which is already known. You're correct, just because it isn't an opinion I share doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong although I'm sure you'd agree, it's highly likely to be completely wrong:eaea::flipa:

It's (not seeing a debate where I don't belittle someone) because you're predisposed to ONLY see that which fits your narrative or presupposition. Thanks for highlighting that which is already known. You're correct, just because it isn't an opinion I share doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong although I'm sure you'd agree, it's highly likely to be completely wrong:eaea::flipa:
You're such a smart ass old mofo LOL Honestly don't know wether to hate you with a passion, or love you with a belly laugh!

One things for sure...
You're a BHQ legend.

Keep it coming you old prick:2guns:
:risas3:

Just watched the game again, I'd have no problem giving Flegler a bench debut in round 1, he's going to be something special.

What happens if we miss the eight? Will any criticism of Seibold be allowed without the writer being labelled a WB fanboy? How much failure can we bear before an allowable condemning post can be made without strident defence of the new blood coach being the response? Truth is, if Seibold fails his record can fairly be contrasted with the previous coach and that would be true of and true for any coach in a similar situation. If he fails I will absolutely say, what a fucked decision it was to dump our coach but by the same token if he is a great success I will laud the wisdom and foresight of the decision makers.

If he merely matches the previous coaches record I will think it a pointless exercise to have removed him and will need to be convinced there was still some advantage under that scenario.

Seibold has only one option or rather key performance indicator, that is he MUST be better and he MUST achieve a higher threshold. We didn't hire him to achieve a lower standard. Better results only permissible. Otherwise, what was the point?

We get Wayne Bennett back I guess. How depressing would that be.

Genuine question...
Do you think, feel, believe he will deliver?
Too hard to say at the moment because we really don't know too much about the guy other than that he had a very good rookie season. We also know that he has balls to take up this high profile post when he could have just stayed at Souths to further his resume. He is on a hiding to nothing because he will always be compared to the great man and a lot of fans expect nothing less than a premiership. He'll get a pass mark from me if he can get this rather disjointed squad into the playoffs this year. As for the future, if he can keep the core squad together, then his chances for success in the next decade are high.

We get Wayne Bennett back I guess. How depressing would that be.
I was more asking the question 'will we be allowed (by the Seibold Messianic Society) to criticize the decision to bring him onboard prematurely?' Who the next coach is going to be is a question for a far off future and hopefully a very very distant future.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Xzei
  • Lozza
  • Sproj
  • Evander
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • winslow_wong
  • Old Mate
  • Jedhead
  • MrMoore
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.