Trial #3 vs. Warriors Pre-Match Discussion

I think the McCullough, Hunt, Nikorima and Barba spine could be deadly.

It has real potential to put on points but Macca needs to really guide the team around the park. Hunt also needs to help in that regard.

You know what I liked about the Auckland 9s and I hope it continues?

We saw more of that Hasler footy that drifts in and out of our game. If we can see the likes of Thaiday, Parker & McGuire continuing to probe with the ball out, we could be in with a shot.

Hunt just needs to do the basics and work on the technical aspects of his game. I don't like the choices he makes with his passing game, it seems like all he has is an out ball, and he needs to provide more variation with runners running to the line.

If we use Thaiday right he should be an absolute weapon. His ball handling and passing skills are superb for a big man.

I'm really curious to see what we'll look like in this final trial.

I think we approached the nines tournament with a 13's mindset, because we need the team to gel and get some combinations going, but the main thing I saw, was a much better defense and fitness compared to last year. Hope this trend continues against the Kiwis...

I still want to see Strasser having a good go at the 6 jersey, because as much as Nikorima was exciting in a format like the nines, I have doubts he is ready to take on the NRL world just yet. On the other hand we had a similar type player once upon a time, that turned out alright... am I right Alfie?

One reason we did so well at the 9s and something we've needed to work on to get back to the old Broncos way is not giving away silly penalties. Our defense is another thing we will need to improve but we already looked a lot fitter than the other teams at the 9s. Especially by the end of each game and I feel our fitness was a reason we defended badly last year. So thanks already, Corvo.

i think hunt and nikorima will both play 80 mins in this final trial. i think thats best for the team and should be a true dress rehearsal for the NRL week 1

I'm really curious to see what we'll look like in this final trial.

I think we approached the nines tournament with a 13's mindset, because we need the team to gel and get some combinations going, but the main thing I saw, was a much better defense and fitness compared to last year. Hope this trend continues against the Kiwis...

I still want to see Strasser having a good go at the 6 jersey, because as much as Nikorima was exciting in a format like the nines, I have doubts he is ready to take on the NRL world just yet. On the other hand we had a similar type player once upon a time, that turned out alright... am I right Alfie?

Maybe we can convince Alf to be a personal halves coach to Nikorima. I think the kid would consider it a great honor.

KN needs to be given this trial with a full strength side to cement a starting spot. He has shown enough to deserve a shot. I though we may have seen more of ZS, but I for one didn't see anything from him. At least with Kodi we will have some speed around the ruck which we have not had for years. I can see him developing quickly, and although there is no certain path to 5/8 at this stage I can see some definite benefits with the little fella.

I think Nikorima has played well enough so far to have a full game with Hunt in the halves.
At this point, we have to just back ourselves really and go for it.
If 4 rounds in it's backfiring, then we can sort out other options, but for now, let's just back ourselves and make decision and stick to it.

to me the decision should already be made. ie, he's our 6 for rnd 1. dont necessarily tell him that, but give him 80 mins this weekend. whether or not he guns it, its all time and experience, and he'll be better for it come rnd 1.

should get team today. really interested to see how it lines up given it sounds like it will be a full strength dress rehearsal for week 1

to me the decision should already be made. ie, he's our 6 for rnd 1. dont necessarily tell him that, but give him 80 mins this weekend. whether or not he guns it, its all time and experience, and he'll be better for it come rnd 1.

The decision probably has been made, it just hasn't been made public yet

Looks like Kodi Nikorima could be travelling to Rockhampton to play for the B Team.

The Brisbane Broncos club is on a high after their surprise performance at the Inaugural NRL Auckland Nines. Although the Broncos team for the weekend has yet to be finalised the travelling party list has some big names on it. Hulking prop forward David Hala (30 NRL games), Lachlan Maranta (25 NRL games) and Jarrod Wallace (8 NRL Games) will lead a team that will also include Auckland Nines star Kodi Nikorima, his younger brother Jayden Nikorima and former TCC product Duncan Paia’aua.

Capras brace themselves for Broncos onslaught - Central Queensland Capras | Central Queensland Capras

Active Now

• Nerd
  • Financeguy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • kman
  • Harry Sack
  • something
  • Hoof Hearted
  • thenry
  • Brocko
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Xzei
  • Yem
  • Ejbroncos
  • DrGee
  • Manofoneway
  • Broncosgirl
  • Johnny92
  • heartly87
... and 52 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.