Trial - Warriors vs Broncos - Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
- The halves will have to be Prince +1, and based on this game, I would love to give Hunt a try. Wallace can be the ideal backup for Macca during his rest periods, or take back the job from Hunt if he doesn't cut it. Speaking of the devil, Macca doesn't seem to be able to start a season in form, he was hopelessly slow yesterday!

That's a fair concession from you........benching Wallace. You're almost there. :tongue_smilie:

Agree about McC. Way too fucken slow. The markers ripping the ball out of his hands was a flash back to 2011, I thought last year he got that shit out of his game.

He's a frustrating player to follow.

McCullough has always had slow service. When the forwards aren't dominating it just becomes much more apparent.

What seems so obvious to a lot of us on here (things like standing flat, lack of ball-playing, etc) seems to go unnoticed or just plain ignored by the coaching staff.
But we are not paid professionals so what do we know?

To me it's f*king obvious. If Hoffman doesn't perform by round 5 our team should be 1. Norman (or Hodges IF both Kahu and Reed play well enough to let Hodges out of the centre position), 6. Hunt, 7. Prince, 14. Wallace. I can't see this not being the best makeup for our team.

Surely Griffin is not a blind bat and can see like all of us here can, that Hoffman is killing attacking plays by his inability to pass. You would hope that would be something they worked on all season. You only need to watch one game of K Hunt to see how much we miss a decent fullback.

I'm not a big fan of Norman but I think he can offer something to the team from Fullback. I don't think he's cut out for the halves.

Last edited:
Yep, Macca's service has been the elephant in the room with him for years. It's why I don't see him as a representative player.

Yep, Macca's service has been the elephant in the room with him for years. It's why I don't see him as a representative player.

But Macca is going to have the year of his life this year!! Haha just kidding...
Macca is what he is, he hasn't improved at all since he started first grade IMO, still slow as shit, rarely threatens the lines but has good defence.

Maybe he's still too young to be a truly top rake but if he doesn't improve I would have no problem with Wallace replacing him as the first choice 9 to see how that goes. Macca should not be in the certain first grade spot club, none of this "future captain" stuff too, that's just garbage talk. Thaiday is first choice, Parker is second, Glenn is third. Who even knows if Macca is on the maybe to be captain list.

But Macca is going to have the year of his life this year!! Haha just kidding...
Macca is what he is, he hasn't improved at all since he started first grade IMO, still slow as ****, rarely threatens the lines but has good defence.

Maybe he's still too young to be a truly top rake but if he doesn't improve I would have no problem with Wallace replacing him as the first choice 9 to see how that goes. Macca should not be in the certain first grade spot club, none of this "future captain" stuff too, that's just garbage talk. Thaiday is first choice, Parker is second, Glenn is third. Who even knows if Macca is on the maybe to be captain list.

I believe Macca, Thaiday, Parker, Hodges and Glenn are all receiving some kind of leadership courses, so I assume he's definitely up high on the list.

First I've heard of it. In any case him being a potential future leader shouldn't give him a certain spot in the jersey. If he doesn't improve his service or get the silly errors out I wouldn't be against trying Wallace as first choice 9.

Caught the Fox replay earlier.

After reading all the criticisms online I was fearing the worse but I've got to say I was reasonably satisfied. The game was played with some real intensity and the boys stuck it out with NZ in NZ and were the better team for the majority of the game. They just couldn't score that elusive try in the first half. If we could have just converted one of those opportunities, I reckon the game is completely different. It just didn't happen unfortunately.

A lot to take out of the game. Like basically everyone on here, I was impressed with Hodges, Gillett & Prince. Thought it was a typical Hodges game in the sense that he made some great plays but was still guilty of some bad mistakes in both attack and defence. Prince looked really sharp out there and I was happy that he was looking to switch the angle of play every so often. He really got the boys rolling forward and gave us some good opportunities. He did enough to convince me that he's definitely up to starting in the halves.

Speaking of, while the general play was still fairly lackluster, I thought the kicking game from both Wallace & Norman was pretty darn good (for the most part). Wallace was desperately unlucky not to get a few TAs to his name and I thought Norman's long distance kicking game saved us on a few occasions.

I was impressed with Hunt coming out of dummy half, he looked sharper than last year and the first try really came down to him taking the right option. He caused a few headaches out there and I can definitely see him as our #14. Stagg surprised me a bit off the bench, thought his style of play suited us when he came on.

Where I think we went wrong yesterday was our rookies who still need some polish and our players returning from injury who need some match fitness. If they can learn from yesterday's game, I don't think it'll be as doom and gloom as some are making it out to be.

Hodges, Prince, Gillett and Hunt were good for the team. It appeared to me that Parker and Thaiday played prop - a real waste IMO.

But essentially it was the same shit as the 2nd half of last year. Dominate a team and field position for 3/4 of a game, make a couple of mistakes and let the opposition win the game.

Positive is, maybe if we start slowly in the season, we may finish the season strongly; and have some momentum going into the finals.

So glad we have shown some great trial form. The club has some quality young players coming through who will take the next step this year. Look for Hoffman and Norman to have stellar season and McCullough to go back to back as the best Broncos player of the year.

So glad we have shown some great trial form. The club has some quality young players coming through who will take the next step this year. Look for Hoffman and Norman to have stellar season and McCullough to go back to back as the best Broncos player of the year.

Easy up mate. Gee one person makes a comment about you throwing all your toys out and a day later your still sooking with these ridiculously sarcastic comments

Easy up mate. Gee one person makes a comment about you throwing all your toys out and a day later your still sooking with these ridiculously sarcastic comments

SO now I can't post a positive comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Redux
  • Porthoz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Allo
  • Bish
  • NSW stables
  • winslow_wong
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Behold
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Skathen
  • Mr Fourex
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.