Turning it around

Boyd can be dropped for Farnsworth / Nui and Milford / Croft can be dropped for Dearden. We do have options within the current playing group, but the coach isn’t trying them...
Think Seibold is shit scared of making these changes fearing more losses due to more rookies.
I am sure the fanbase would be more tolerant of Seibold if he made the changes. How could it possibly be any worse.

I think the time will come if our season is well and truly gone that Seibold says to Boyd that the season is up he’s retiring, thanks for your service but we’re looking towards next year. It can’t be that far away.

Boyd can be dropped for Farnsworth / Nui and Milford / Croft can be dropped for Dearden. We do have options within the current playing group, but the coach isn’t trying them...
Far enough, but not the point i'm trying to make.

It doesn't really matter what combo of the 20 or so players Seibs has available and uses each round due to inury/suspension, he just needs to start focusing on each players strengths and getting them to do the basics well.

Look at Nth Qld vs. the Knights. They are/were also struggling so their game plan was to run hard up the middle with some pretty no frills footy and kick in to touch at the end of the set. They weren't bombing into the corners from 40 meters out on the small hope of a try but the more likely outcome of a 7 tackle set or penalty/6 again that the ref likes to award teams rucking it out of their own goal line.
After a while the Cows grew in confidence and the Knights got frustrated.

Whether Seibs has the capacity or buy in from our playing group to get a result that Green did is anyones guess...

I think it's looking increasingly unlikely that there is any sort of short fix coming around the corner here.

You could, and after this last game probably should replace the Coach, but even Kevvie or whoever else came along is going to find it extraordinarily tough to turn things around quickly.

In the short term, we still have several players on the sidelines with injury and suspension and a playing group now extremely low on confidence.

In the longer term, our most expensive players are basically all to a man contributing next to nothing through either poor on field performance (Boyd, Milford, Lodge) or long term injury (Jack Bird) and realistically, nearly all of these players are still going to be problems within our salary cap for at least the rest of this year as well as 2021.

Without the ability to overturn the roster, I can't see how Seibold can turn things around but in truth I don't think Kevvie would fare any better when he's hamstrung by such a top heavy and under performing roster.

The club needs an emotional shot in the arm right now though. Former players along with a large percentage of the fan base now feel frustrated and alienated by the club, and bringing someone like Walters on board would undoubtedly help to repair some of that damage.

For Seibold it would be incredibly brave, and likely signing his own execution orders, but bringing Walters into the fold as an Assistant Coach honestly couldn't possibly make things any worse than they are now and might just be the right person at the right time to salvage what is left of 2020.

I think it's looking increasingly unlikely that there is any sort of short fix coming around the corner here.

There is one thing that will help for sure and that is to cut out the interpretive dance rubbish in the pre-game and get out in the field and actually warm up. Sitting on chairs in circles listening to a boring, monotoned coach wouldn’t fire anyone up. He has the players running out cold and lethargic.

Fire them up! Get them out there smiling, laughing and having a bit of fun in the pre-game, don’t have them looking like they’re at a funeral. And don’t talk to the media for half an hour 35 minutes before the game if your coach.

There is one thing that will help for sure and that is to cut out the interpretive dance rubbish in the pre-game and get out in the field and actually warm up. Sitting on chairs in circles listening to a boring, monotoned coach wouldn’t fire anyone up. He has the players running out cold and lethargic.

Fire them up! Get them out there smiling, laughing and having a bit of fun in the pre-game, don’t have them looking like they’re at a funeral. And don’t talk to the media for half an hour 35 minutes before the game if your coach.
Yeah Seibold doing media stuff in the hour before kickoff in such a critical game for us was just bizarre to say the least. Some might call it outright reckless.

Keep the faith. Somehow they will come good on their own without any changes being necessary.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • porouian
  • bb_gun
  • KickHaas
  • Mustafur
  • Jazza
  • Foordy
  • winslow_wong
  • GCBRONCO
  • kiwibronco
  • Broncorob
  • broncsgoat
  • Dash
  • Skyblues87
  • Financeguy
  • Fozz
  • Johnny92
  • Midean
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.