PLAYER Turpin Is Over-rated On This Forum

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Turpin 3 runs for 19m

Brailey 8 runs for 58m

I thought the whole reason for Turpin taking McCullough’s spot was he is a runner. He is no better at passing the ball, McCullough has a better kicking game and is a better defender. Time for people to realise Turpin is not a God!

Fitzy

NYC Player
Ha lol this forum is gonna back fire in this c*nts face
Post automatically merged:

If anything he is under-rated on this forum... you read half of people’s responses and they bloody think paix is better than him... and after a game like that you come out and have a go at his performance as well as say he is overrated... maybe you have had a bit to much to drink

Last edited:

Mitch06

NRL Player
Turpin in 61 minutes - 44 tackles, 0 missed, 1 line-break assist, 1 try assist
Brailey in 62 minutes - 27 tackles, 5 missed, 1 line-break assist, 1 try assist
I know who I would rather have playing. Brailey is flashy but Turpin more reliable.

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Bangalow
Turpin in 61 minutes - 44 tackles, 0 missed, 1 line-break assist, 1 try assist
Brailey in 62 minutes - 27 tackles, 5 missed, 1 line-break assist, 1 try assist
That may well be so however for mine, Brailey played all over Turps in terms of his speed off the mark, running before passing and organising the attack. For mine he played all over Turpin.

Turpin is yet to show he can organise anything. He defends well, he doesn't run. Every good dummy half runs and then selects the pass. Turpin way too often just passes. He needs to run a whole lot more then select his target and pass. Exactly what Brailey did and what the best Hookers do. Just watch Grant and Smith.

And Turpin looks like a lovable bogan, unlike Brailey, who looks like that smug little rich kid from school you wanted to punch in the face.
Looks don't win matches

Last edited:

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
That may well be so however for mine, Brailey played all over Turps in terms of his speed off the mark, running before passing and organising the attack. For mine he played all over Turpin.

Turpin is yet to show he can organise anything. He defends well, he doesn't run. Every good dummy half runs and then selects the pass. Turpin way too often just passes. He needs to run a whole lot more then select his target and pass. Exactly what Brailey did and what the best Hookers do. Just watch Grant and Smith.

Looks don't win matches
Yep. Brailey was energetic & dynamic. Turpin was good, but far from magnetic.

bb_gun

NRL Player
I’m drunk. Therefore I don’t always make the best decisions when starting posts.
No, not the best decision to post this but I agree that Turpin is not a God. He competes well and is currently better than other options we have but it's likely he's not our long term solution to the 9.

He was good tonight though.

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Bangalow
I know who I would rather have playing. Brailey is flashy but Turpin more reliable.
For mine, Brailey was main reason the Sharks won tonight. He exploited our shitty marker defence and zzero moving defensive line relentlessly. Turpin just passes the ball. He has an awful lot to learn. He is a quicker version of Macca

I much prefer Paix

Last edited:

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
The Broncos have dearly missed him. Finally they had somebody to lead them around the ruck and play with some intensity in defence. Still a few dusty moments on last tackle but I'd hold Milford and his positioning accountable. He rarely puts himself in good positions and one of my biggest pet hates is when Milf stands behind the ruck doing absolutely nothing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.