Jake Turpin Discussion

He’s got heart, I think he’s fairly limited ability wise though and yeah he is over rated on here.

The Broncos have dearly missed him. Finally they had somebody to lead them around the ruck and play with some intensity in defence. Still a few dusty moments on last tackle but I'd hold Milford and his positioning accountable. He rarely puts himself in good positions and one of my biggest pet hates is when Milf stands behind the ruck doing absolutely nothing.

I thought we lost momentum when he went off, no running tonight but most his passes were out in front and our guys had to run onto them. He’s fast enough that he hold the makers which gave our forwards less gang tackles on them.

Last edited:
Turpin 3 runs for 19m

Brailey 8 runs for 58m

I thought the whole reason for Turpin taking McCullough’s spot was he is a runner. He is no better at passing the ball, McCullough has a better kicking game and is a better defender. Time for people to realise Turpin is not a God!
1E117C55 3781 45E9 95E1 A2A2B5E51B23

nah mate, love havin Turps back in me Friday nights

images

Last edited:
We looked shit with him off the field for mine.
I think he will be good for 80 next year, but I don’t think its be a bad option to have Paix at 14 to cover the halves and 9.

Turpin 3 runs for 19m

Brailey 8 runs for 58m

I thought the whole reason for Turpin taking McCullough’s spot was he is a runner. He is no better at passing the ball, McCullough has a better kicking game and is a better defender. Time for people to realise Turpin is not a God!
Thanks Seibs. You may as well read tea leaves as those stats.
I prefer to watch the game and see the space he created by holding up the markers as well as the energy he bought to the team.

Thanks Seibs. You may as well read tea leaves as those stats.
I prefer to watch the game and see the space he created by holding up the markers as well as the energy he bought to the team.

I agree he brought energy to the team. I also think Paix brought more energy to the team last week & Brailey shit all over Turpin tonight.

Paix > Turpin

fuckin troll, give yourself an uppercut
Hardly a troll mate, he's been on this forum a lot longer than you have and he's understandably feeling the hurt given our current situation. Don't agree with the post but understand the sentiment.

Hardly a troll mate, he's been on this forum a lot longer than you have and he's understandably feeling the hurt given our current situation. Don't agree with the post but understand the sentiment.
you seriously defending this nonesense post. we looked the best we had since round 2 and you agree on this bullshit take. Paix could not hold the middle, the Titans, Warriors and the top 8 took turns gutting our middle by record scores whilst we looked so lost in attack.
again, bs post

You can find faults like that in each one of our players, not just Turpin. It's true that his running is pretty poor right now, but he provided great service - both halves probably played their best this year thanks to his passing (and Dearden played his best game of his whole career so far). He provided a lot of energy, he received a number of offloads and was great in defence. He was easily in our top 5 players, if not top 3...and it was his first game since friggin round 3.

Last edited:
No one claims he is smith. But he is better than any 9 we've had except possibly Berrigan for 2 decades.
He is much better than brailey imo. He put our forwards on the front foot really well, he consistently made the right choice of engaging the markers or not.

Cook runs 3-4 times more than either Smith, Hodgson or Ennis did. But those 3 are clearly much better players.

Active Now

• BroncoFan94
  • Sproj
  • Broncorob
  • Johnny92
  • Xzei
  • Financeguy
  • Harry Sack
  • lynx000
  • Strop
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosgirl
  • Spoon
  • FACTHUNT
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Santa
  • Organix
  • winslow_wong
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Brocko
... and 30 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.