NEWS Turpin keen to ignite combo with good mate Croft

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
From Broncos.com.au

Hooker Jake Turpin says he’s looking forward to rekindling his combination with new halfback Brodie Croft – but first has to achieve his goal of locking down the No.9 jersey for 2020. Turpin and Croft are good mates having played alongside each other in the Melbourne Storm system, and Turpin said the halfback has slotted straight into Broncos training since arriving last week.

“Crofty and I spent a lot of time down in Melbourne together, played a lot of 20s together … he’s one of my really good mates and it’s really good to have him here in Brissy,” said Turpin. “The club and all the boys are very excited and he’s gelled very well with all the team, and you can tell the sort of calibre he is with just the week that he’s had with us. “He can definitely have the halfback spot and I’m back at hooker and enjoying it.”

Turpin said he and another good mate – former Queensland Origin rake Andrew McCullough – were in healthy competition for the starting spot at No.9.

‘My goal for this year is that I want that No.9 jersey and so does Macca, but that’s healthy competition and that’s really good for this club,” said Turpin. “We can push each other to our limits and get the best out of each other and whoever gets it in the end will be the right fit for the team. “I’ve said it all the way along that Macca is one of my really good mates and has been one of my favourite NRL players coming through, so for me to get to train with him and learn off him week in, week out – I’ve got to pinch myself.”

“I’ve said it all the way along that Macca is one of my really good mates and has been one of my favourite NRL players coming through, so for me to get to train with him and learn off him week in, week out – I’ve got to pinch myself.”

giphy.gif

He’s taking this piss here isn’t he? Trolling McCullough in public

Sorry Turps, you’ll have to wait until Macca decides to retire on top. He’s been training the fucking house down and he’s really experienced.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • thenry
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Sproj
  • cento
  • Redux
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Justwin
  • Astro
  • BroncosAlways
  • Browny
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncorob
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  • Mustafur
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Allo
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.