TV Show Thread

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
The Last Dance.

Watched 8 episodes so far, I believe the last 2 are still in production. It's really good. Well worth the watch.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Homeland.

Surely that's not it? That ending left an opening for one more season.

If it is, overall it was a great show. Had a couple of slow seasons that didn't really do a great deal for the show but it soon picked up and got back to being a quality show.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I'm not sure if it's on the Australian version of Netflix but on the US version there is a series for The Hateful Eight.

It's pretty much a much more extended version of the movie, split into parts.

Edit: Had a look and it's not available on the Australian version, only the movie is available.

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
Watching “Reprisal” on SBS atm and three episodes in. Awesome show so far. Great characters, twisted plot, interesting cinematography and thoroughly enthralling.

Also trying “Wayward Pines” and I quite like it, though my partner isn’t as sold on the very strange plot. I’ll keep at it though.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
The second last ever episode of The Clone Wars comes out in a matter of hours. It is going to be epic. The last two eps have been some of the best Star Wars ever. The wholes series has been fantastic, I'm not ready for it to end. It is amazing to think you know what is coming and even what happens to most of the characters but it is still so suspenseful. BRING IT ON!

Dash

NRL Captain
Brisbane
Watching “Reprisal” on SBS atm and three episodes in. Awesome show so far. Great characters, twisted plot, interesting cinematography and thoroughly enthralling.

Also trying “Wayward Pines” and I quite like it, though my partner isn’t as sold on the very strange plot. I’ll keep at it though.
Word of warning, Wayward Pines was cancelled without getting a proper finish.

I've been eyeing off Reprisal and will watch it this weekend on your recommendation.

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
Word of warning, Wayward Pines was cancelled without getting a proper finish.

I've been eyeing off Reprisal and will watch it this weekend on your recommendation.
Thanks for the tip on Wayward Pines. I might leave it be then. Nothing more infuriating than an unfinished story, especially when it’s so twisted.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Goodness, that Clone Wars ep was heartbreaking, this is Star Wars at its best, very very very best.

Alec

International Rep
Finished Season 2 of Westworld. It was pretty good, just far from the quality of Season 1 IMO. There were some fantastic moments, especially in the last 2 episodes, but it just didn't have the same feeling of wonder and mystery like the 1st season had (for obvious reason I guess). A couple of the episodes nearly put me to sleep (the one about the Indians was torture, and the one with the samurai was kinda boring too). I'd imagine it would be worth watching again, just to have a better grasp of the 2 timelines... though I don't feel they added as much as the way season 1 converged at the end.

I'm wondering how S3 will be once I watch it next. It's going to have to be even more of a departure, isn't it.

Allo

State of Origin Rep
Was gonna put this in the right to bag stuff out thread, but TV works too.

Sam Lloyd, who played lawyer Ted Buckland in Scrubs passed away from cancer at age 56.

He’d been fighting metastatic lung cancer that spread to his liver, spine and jaw, and was getting well enough to work again, but encountered issues in February when his original medication lost effect after 9 months.

His wife had just delivered their first child when he got diagnosed about a year ago.

One of the funniest characters in a very funny show, and from all reports one of the nicest guys ever.

2020 blows

Last edited:

mrslong

State of Origin Captain
Patriots Nation
Homeland finale e didn’t disappoint. Very good way to finish a very good show. If you tuned out after season 4 or 5, I highly recommend at the very least the last two seasons!

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nerd

Twitter