TV Show Thread

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
The Last Dance.

I've never followed basketball, but always appreciated it. This is an amazing series, even if you know nothing about the game.
It really is. That was my beginnings to basketball. Early nineties through. Loving the show, but also love all the side articles popping up because of it. Plenty of extra detail where Jordan chose not to go.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
It really is. That was my beginnings to basketball. Early nineties through. Loving the show, but also love all the side articles popping up because of it. Plenty of extra detail where Jordan chose not to go.
It is such a great show. Gives a good insight into the type of player he was, and shows why he will always be the GOAT.

MJ was the reason why as a kid I wanted to go into professional basketball.

I was doing pretty well with it through primary and high school. I learned the game pretty well and quickly. I watched Pippen and MJ a lot for tips, along with Bird. I was making all of the top teams and making rep teams through school.

I took a year off to play footy, my dad was coaching and he needed a player. Went into a tackle the wrong way and fucked my right knee. I couldn't finish a game without being in agony. By the time I was able to recover fully, it was too late. We were broke. Couldn't afford all of the fancy medical care that would have significantly reduced the recovery time. The problem with medical care for poor people is how long it can take to even get an appointment.

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
It is such a great show. Gives a good insight into the type of player he was, and shows why he will always be the GOAT.

MJ was the reason why as a kid I wanted to go into professional basketball.

I was doing pretty well with it through primary and high school. I learned the game pretty well and quickly. I watched Pippen and MJ a lot for tips, along with Bird. I was making all of the top teams and making rep teams through school.

I took a year off to play footy, my dad was coaching and he needed a player. Went into a tackle the wrong way and fucked my right knee. I couldn't finish a game without being in agony. By the time I was able to recover fully, it was too late. We were broke. Couldn't afford all of the fancy medical care that would have significantly reduced the recovery time. The problem with medical care for poor people is how long it can take to even get an appointment.
The worst part is that all the insurance you pay to be a part of these competitions doesn’t mean squat when you actually hurt yourself. Sucks eh.

I was much the same with hope to play in the NBL. Too many injuries.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
Finished S3 of Westworld. What in the **** happened to this show? The drop in quality from S1 to S3 is like going from the classic Simpsons to current Simpsons.
Season 1 - Great writing. (lots of Anthony Hopkins & Ed Harris)

Season 2 - Writing tried too hard to be clever. (reasonable amount of Ed Harris, minimal amount of Anthony Hopkins)

Season 3 - You thought Season 2 was trying too hard to be clever? Check this out! (minimal amount of Ed Harris, no Anthony Hopkins)

Alec

International Rep
Season 1 - Great writing. (lots of Anthony Hopkins & Ed Harris)

Season 2 - Writing tried too hard to be clever. (reasonable amount of Ed Harris, minimal amount of Anthony Hopkins)

Season 3 - You thought Season 2 was trying too hard to be clever? Check this out! (minimal amount of Ed Harris, no Anthony Hopkins)
Yeah, one of the bigger complaints I had was that Man in Black and Bernard were pretty much useless in S3 (and the post credits scene of the last episode just completely ruined everything too). The whole of season 3 felt like a girl-power type of thing between Dolores and Maeve. The only enjoyable part was Jesse Pinkman, he was good.
It's a huge shame how the MiB twist was one of the best things in television, and then they really don't go anywhere with it in S2 or 3.

Last edited by a moderator:

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
Yeah, one of the bigger complaints I had was that Man in Black and Bernard were pretty much useless in S3 (and the post credits scene of the last episode just completely ruined everything too). The whole of season 3 felt like a girl-power type of thing between Dolores and Maeve. The only enjoyable part was Jesse Pinkman, he was good.
It's a huge shame how the MiB twist was one of the best things in television, and then they really don't go anywhere with it in S2 or 3.
I threw your message in spoiler tags, just in case people haven't watched it yet (Although you didn't really spoil anything)

But yeah, I totally agree. Bernard, Stubbs & MiB were literally a side-quest in Season 3, and the quest amounted to essentially nothing of consequence. Very disappointed with their arcs. Agree that the only good thing about S3 was Aaron Paul. They essentially wasted every other good male character, even characters like Hector, Lawrence, etc should've been more integral. Was a very female dominant season, don't particularly think Hale is an interesting character either.

Smartseal

QCup Player
Just rewatched the entire series of GoT. Such a shame they rushed the last season
it got too predictable but also illogical. Quite a feat tbh
So how would you have liked to see it end? I was also initially disappointed, but given the constraints (ie, author hadn't written an ending) I thought it wrapped up fairly well. My only addendum would be for that big arse dragon to fry Jon snow, but other than that was ok with story ending.

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Drunk
The outcome was right. But Dany losing her shit in 2 episodes was rushed. Plus all of a sudden we could speed travel when Dany took 3 seasons to get to Westeros.

The battle of winterfell and the score was an awesome episode.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
The Night Manager.

I started watching this on Prime. I’m only a few episodes in but I’m liking it so far. Interesting storyline and they picked a pretty good cast for the show.

Hopefully it doesn’t disappoint.

Alec

International Rep
I've been watching Supernatural now. Seems like it's going to be quite a fun show. Shows like that, X-Files, Stargate etc are fantastic to just sit back and enjoy the scenery, designs, fun characters and dated CGI and what not.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Sneaky Pete.

I don't understand why this show was cancelled after 3 seasons. It was great. When you look at all of the complete rubbish shows that have been running for years and years, it's mind boggling that a show like Sneaky Pete could be cancelled so soon.

It wasn't the best show but I thought it was quite good. They had a good cast and an interesting story.

I guess you could say the Season 3 finale wrapped up the show a bit. But not good enough.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nerd

Twitter