TV Show Thread

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Your Honour premiering on Stan December 7.

I’m very much looking forward to that. I’ve seen the trailers and it looks pretty good. Bryan Cranston is a great actor so I’m sure he will nail the role he plays in it.

Sproj

International Captain
Staff
Well that episode of The Mandalorian felt like filler, felt like a mid-season ep not a season return. I feel kind of meh after that, even the reveal right at the end was just meh.

holdzy

State of Origin Rep
Well that episode of The Mandalorian felt like filler, felt like a mid-season ep not a season return. I feel kind of meh after that, even the reveal right at the end was just meh.

Yeah was a bit meh, wasn't it?

Some of the special effects looked crap too. I don't set my expectations too high, and watch with kids, so it was alright.

Sproj

International Captain
Staff
So the guy at the end...was that the real Boba or Rex or someone?

I'd say Boba. The way Mando escaped the Krayt Dragon was a subtle nod to how Boba could have escaped the pit. By this time period, Rex would be a VERY old man due to the accelerated aging of the clones.

The episode was definitely a slow burner but I suspect it was laying ground work for things to come. I wonder if the planet at the start with the graffiti might have been Lothal and a segue to bringing in Sabine and/or Ahsoka.

holdzy

State of Origin Rep
The Comedy Store doco on Stan. First two parts were good, then it became a pat on the back fest for sub par comics. And way too sentimental for my taste.

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
The credits had Boba Fett as the character, so I'd say it was him...

I suspect they've tried to dupe us. At the end I thought "what a waste, the episode was supposed to be about finding another Mandalorian, but it was just an imposter". But we saw last season that things weren't always what they seem at the time.

I suspect that the whole setup was orchestrated by Boba. He was a bounty hunter, so if he had any contact to that side of things he would have learned about what Mando was carrying. From what I can gather one of his main motivations is getting revenge for what happened with him, particularly the Jedi. He probably dumped his armour deliberately, sent word of a Mandalorian on Tatooine, in order to lure Mando and Baby Yoda there.

From there, who knows. If he has learned about Mandy trying to re-unite Baby Yoda with his species (which Mando has said to just about everyone) it's likely Boba will be tracking them.

Sproj

International Captain
Staff
The credits had Boba Fett as the character, so I'd say it was him...

I suspect they've tried to dupe us. At the end I thought "what a waste, the episode was supposed to be about finding another Mandalorian, but it was just an imposter". But we saw last season that things weren't always what they seem at the time.

I suspect that the whole setup was orchestrated by Boba. He was a bounty hunter, so if he had any contact to that side of things he would have learned about what Mando was carrying. From what I can gather one of his main motivations is getting revenge for what happened with him, particularly the Jedi. He probably dumped his armour deliberately, sent word of a Mandalorian on Tatooine, in order to lure Mando and Baby Yoda there.

From there, who knows. If he has learned about Mandy trying to re-unite Baby Yoda with his species (which Mando has said to just about everyone) it's likely Boba will be tracking them.

Yeah last season also had a fairly slow build, so I am holding judgment on the episode, I am sure it will build into something bigger pretty quickly. It felt like it was laying groundwork. I am thinking the first planet he was on may have been Lothal just quietly, that would be huge if true.

Alec

International Rep
Started watching Curb Your Enthusiasm. Can't believe I haven't seen it yet, especially since I love Seinfeld (and George was my favourite character on the show).
First 2 episodes were great.

holdzy

State of Origin Rep
Started watching Curb Your Enthusiasm. Can't believe I haven't seen it yet, especially since I love Seinfeld (and George was my favourite character on the show).
First 2 episodes were great.

Takes a few seasons to really get rolling but it's as good as, maybe even better than Seinfeld imo.

holdzy

State of Origin Rep
Pretty good episode of The Mandalorian - I enjoy the aesthetic changes from week to week, Something that the SW universe lends itself to.

Mando looking for Ahsoka, it's getting good now.

Sproj

International Captain
Staff
Pretty good episode of The Mandalorian - I enjoy the aesthetic changes from week to week, Something that the SW universe lends itself to.

Mando looking for Ahsoka, it's getting good now.

Yep this ep was excellent, only criticism is it was too short but man, now we’re getting somewhere!

Galah

NRL Player
Brisbane
Queens gambit on Netflix, just finished it. I don’t normally finish a series because they drag them on and it fucks me off.

not this one, it’s quality.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.