TV Show Thread

mieko

QCup Player
Tonight 9:00pm on channel 7, I am Heath Ledger. Should be a great doco. Such a great actor, gone way to early.

mieko

QCup Player
Tonight 9:00pm on channel 7, I am Heath Ledger. Should be a great doco. Such a great actor, gone way to early.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Tried to give season 3 of Narcos a second watch to see if my initial thoughts were a bit harsh.

While it does get interesting at the end, it's still a massive disappointment and doesn't even come close to being on the same level as season 1 & 2.

Perhaps because the whole Narcos series was originally based on the hunt for Pablo Escobar. But they should have kept it at that.

Organix

NRL Player
Valid points. I'm sure I read somewhere a while ago that someone had put forward a proposition, but I don't think anything ever came of it.
There was a really bad pilot of the opening scene where Lews Therin creates Dragonmount after he kills his wife. It was pretty bad acting.

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
There was a really bad pilot of the opening scene where Lews Therin creates Dragonmount after he kills his wife. It was pretty bad acting.
Yep, went searching for it after I started talking about it. Horrendous doesn't begin to describe it. Billy Zane!!!!

Organix

NRL Player
Yep, went searching for it after I started talking about it. Horrendous doesn't begin to describe it. Billy Zane!!!!
I have heard there are plans for a proper show now. I really hope it works out well. GoT this season without pure source material seemed so rushed and Hollywood-ised it made me a little bit disillusioned. I hope they get a proper fanboy to direct it and take out any of the old studio heads who will dumb it down for the masses. Shouldn't art inspire people to better themselves? I loved how the first season of GoT had the average person actually thinking and questioning motives. That's why you don't dumb shit down.

http://geekandsundry.com/the-wheel-of-time-is-officially-coming-to-television/

Cult3

State of Origin Captain
The new American Horror Story is a joke right? It's called Cult but so far it's just been a parody (At least I think it's a parody, it's hard to tell these days) of the lefts reaction to Donald Trump winning the election. Some clowns have shown up to murder some people but that's as far as the horror goes. It's weird because the shows producers are notorious lefty's and I really don't think they're taking the piss. This show has gone downhill since the first season. It's embarrassing really.

Clintos

NRL Captain
Around
Has anyone watched Seth McFarlane's homage to Star Trek, The Orville?

It's getting panned by the critics - but I don't hate it.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Has anyone watched Seth McFarlane's homage to Star Trek, The Orville?

It's getting panned by the critics - but I don't hate it.
Is it really? I watched the first episode and while not blown away with it, thought it had Galaxy Quest style potential. The marriage argument with the main bad alien while stalling was quite funny.

Organix

NRL Player
I think what the critics have been saying is accurate though, it's pretty meh and doesn't know what it wants to be in terms of a show. Plus it just rips off star trek the whole time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter