TV Show Thread

GCBRONCO

State of Origin Captain
Gold Coast
3 episodes in, I don't mind it, it's not great but I'll see where it goes, yeah it's got that star trek vibe, but it's also got a bit of Galaxy Quest too. Two episodes into the New Star Trek show, First episode was pretty meh but it was definitely better in the second so looking forward to seeing where that heads.

Loved the latest episode of Rick and Morty.

Sproj

International Rep
3 episodes in, I don't mind it, it's not great but I'll see where it goes, yeah it's got that star trek vibe, but it's also got a bit of Galaxy Quest too. Two episodes into the New Star Trek show, First episode was pretty meh but it was definitely better in the second so looking forward to seeing where that heads.

Loved the latest episode of Rick and Morty.
Oh the new Star Trek series is out?? I need to go and download this right now.

Organix

NRL Player
IMHO the new star trek is much better than The Orville. The graphics are fantastic and the action was much more believable. But I don't think it will be as full on after episode 2.

Sproj

International Rep
IMHO the new star trek is much better than The Orville. The graphics are fantastic and the action was much more believable. But I don't think it will be as full on after episode 2.
Is it just two episodes? That's how many I've downloaded.

Sproj

International Rep
Gotham is back underway as well.
Lots of good shows returning:

Speechless
Brooklyn Nine Nine
Fresh Off The Boat
Life in Pieces
Superstore
Big Bang Theory

In two weeks:

The Flash
Star Wars Rebels - Final Season

Sproj

International Rep
Oh my goodness!!! The new Star Trek's first two episodes were absolutely epic!!! I'm straight up hooked!

Dash

NRL Player
Brisbane
Oh my goodness!!! The new Star Trek's first two episodes were absolutely epic!!! I'm straight up hooked!
I was on the fence, leaning more towards good than bad. I hope they don't flog the whole emotion vs logic thing once again though. It's grown tiresome.

Organix

NRL Player
I thought so too. Now do you see what I meant when you compare it to The Orville? IMO the Orville just seems to fall flat and hasn't embraced a direction. The best thing about The Orville so far has been the final act cameo in the fourth episode.

Sproj

International Rep
I was on the fence, leaning more towards good than bad. I hope they don't flog the whole emotion vs logic thing once again though. It's grown tiresome.
I'm with you on that! The half human/Vulcan thing and the space dive was pretty average and I'm not sold on the chick playing said halfy but if it can keep pace with that epic first two episodes, we could be (big if) looking at another Battlestar Galactica level reboot....or Stargate Universe which is the distinct feel I got watching this by the way.

Sproj

International Rep
I thought so too. Now do you see what I meant when you compare it to The Orville? IMO the Orville just seems to fall flat and hasn't embraced a direction. The best thing about The Orville so far has been the final act cameo in the fourth episode.
Ok I'll have to check out episode 4. I'm glad I saw The Orville first because if I had seen the new Star Trek first , I would have completely understood the disappointment with The Orville.

Dash

NRL Player
Brisbane
I'm with you on that! The half human/Vulcan thing and the space dive was pretty average and I'm not sold on the chick playing said halfy but if it can keep pace with that epic first two episodes, we could be (big if) looking at another Battlestar Galactica level reboot....or Stargate Universe which is the distinct feel I got watching this by the way.
I was impressed by the scale of it. The visuals and special effects are seriously impressive for a TV show. Definite looking forward to seeing more of it.

Anyone who's in to rick and morty or family guy would probably like "big mouth". If I gave a description of it no one would watch it but it's surprisingly pretty good.
Another good comedy is "toast of London" if anyone used to watch the mighty boosh they'd enjoy this. "White gold" if you like the inbetweeners (same people just in the 80's and older but with an added cocky bastard in it)
Outside the regular dramas (GOT, Vikings, breaking bad, etc) bloodlines 1st season was epic (goes down hill from there but the 1st season is among the best I've ever seen, slow build up but worth it), the last kingdom (similar to Vikings), pesky blinders (probably the best of the rest outside GOT and Breaking bad), madmen, suits, the expanse (different but interesting) and Ozark (a poorer version of breaking bad but ok-ish).

My TV viewing goes up about 500% in the off season. Netflix binges in place of yelling at the TV about ref decisions

Allo

NRL Captain
Anyone who's in to rick and morty or family guy would probably like "big mouth". If I gave a description of it no one would watch it but it's surprisingly pretty good.
Another good comedy is "toast of London" if anyone used to watch the mighty boosh they'd enjoy this. "White gold" if you like the inbetweeners (same people just in the 80's and older but with an added cocky bastard in it)
Outside the regular dramas (GOT, Vikings, breaking bad, etc) bloodlines 1st season was epic (goes down hill from there but the 1st season is among the best I've ever seen, slow build up but worth it), the last kingdom (similar to Vikings), pesky blinders (probably the best of the rest outside GOT and Breaking bad), madmen, suits, the expanse (different but interesting) and Ozark (a poorer version of breaking bad but ok-ish).

My TV viewing goes up about 500% in the off season. Netflix binges in place of yelling at the TV about ref decisions
Started watching Big Mouth because it has some of my favourite people in John Mulaney and Nick Kroll (amongst others). Haven't stayed with it though. White Gold is hard to take seriously I guess because it's literally Jay + Simon from TIB going back in time to bad clothes + facial hair with Ed Westwick playing Chuck Bass again with his natural English accent

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter