TV Show Thread

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Harry Sack, Oct 28, 2015.

1. ningnangnong

ningnangnong HACK THE PLANET!!!

Currently re-watching Daria.

She's just the best. :)

2. Sproj

Sproj

Don’t you mean...the worst? Hehe

ningnangnong likes this.
  3. soup

soup

Just finished season 1 of The Alienist on Netflix. Pretty dark story with some great acting and set design.

The Walking Dead got interesting for a moment there, and then they ruined it.

It looked like the walkers were evolving, which could make sense. A part of the brain is alive, it could change. That would have made things more interesting. It would have been a completely different fight.

But, it turns out the walkers weren’t evolving at all, it was just a group of people wearing the faces as masks and their clothes. So yet another group of people, where did they even come from? Why didn’t they show up until now?

Also, why didn’t the actual walkers detect them? When Rick and the others covered themselves in walker guts, the walkers thought they were one of them, until they started talking. So why aren’t the walkers detecting the others?

4. There is a new Narcos.

YES!

ningnangnong likes this.
  5. ningnangnong

ningnangnong HACK THE PLANET!!!

Already watched it bro - goes pretty good!

A bit slower than the previous three seasons I think.

6. broncos4life

broncos4life International Rep

They’re whispering and only saying short sentences, just enough to draw the herds attention to direct them where they want, but not be detected. When walkers have detected Rick’s gang when they have done it it’s because they have screamed etc.

Also, in terms where have they been, I can’t remember if it was in the show or just the comics because it all runs into one for me; but earlier on they have gone past herds where they have thought they were talking, that’s been The Whisperers.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  7. Dash

Dash NRL Player

Brisbane
    It's the way they are talking. The slow, 'whisper' thing.

Also, I disagree whole-heartedly. Evolving zombies would have been the lamest thing ever. I do wish they had delayed the reveal a little longer though. They killed the suspense too fast.

8. Yeah, it's definitely slower than the others but it makes up for it. Those final few episodes were very good.

ningnangnong likes this.
  9. holdzy89

holdzy89 NRL Captain

F is for family, a few eps into the new season, pretty consistent show. Bill burr is perfect for voice over.

soup likes this.
  10. Just fnished watching Lost In Space.

Quite enjoyable really. Looking forward to season 2.

11. Sproj

Sproj

Did you enjoy it from the start or did it pick up over time? I found the first two episodes I just couldn't get into it.

12. Sproj

Sproj

I've been really enjoying New Amsterdam. It is another pretty generic doctor show but the characters just seem a little more real than usual and all just a little bit broken in one way or another.

I like The Good Doctor too, similar kind of weekly medical storylines and the main character has his own issue he is dealing with.

13. Nice, nothing wrong with a bit of fluff TV.

Speaking of fluff TV, I caught an episode of God Friended Me while having dinner. I was expecting cringe religious TV and what I got was actually a decent show about people from all different faiths coming together to help strangers achieve their peace of mind.

It doesn't hurt that Violett Beane has that girl next door charm about her either.

Sproj likes this.
  14. I started enjoying it about mid-way through. It's a bit hard to get into to begin with but it picks up over time and ends quite well.

Sproj likes this.

15. @Nashy@Nashy

Can't tell if this is weird or amazing, it's one of those, maybe both.

Not sure who Spacey's PR team is.. "Let's upload your first ever post-accusation public appearance on Christmas Eve whilst you're in character of your sociopathic, murderous, bi-sexual character, that'll go down great."

Porthoz likes this.
  16. I get the feeling he's pretty **** pissed off! Love the guy.

17. I loved every **** second of this.

broncospwn likes this.
  18. Alec

Alec International Rep

Whatever he may or may not have done, I still love his acting.

I do too, and I want Frank back, but only if he is indeed innocent of what he's accused of, although I admit there probably is a fire with this amount of smoke.

Probably only the toe knows...