TV Show Thread

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Harry Sack, Oct 28, 2015.

Black Mirror: Bandersnatch was a pretty enjoyable experience, can't go in to too much detail without spoiling it, but if you've enjoyed other Black Mirror stuff, you'll definitely like this.

soup likes this.
  1. soup

soup

Tried to have a gander but couldn’t stream from my phone due to it being an interactive film. Very keen. Might try on the non-iOS tablet later tonight.

2. Browny

Browny State of Origin Captain

Drunk
    Started on Marvels The Runaways, only a few episodes in but it seems promising.

CaptainHook likes this.
  3. CaptainHook

CaptainHook NRL Player

The Haunting of Hill House.

It's a good'un.

Wonderful characters and a superb story.

It told a compelling tale from beginning, middle to end.

No season 2 or prequels!

I really hope the higher-ups at Netflix and the show's producers show some restraint... If they let it simmer and grow old gracefully it might become one of the best shows ever made.

I know it goes against the grain in this entertainment wasteland we're living in where you have to milk a promising show to the death (Lost, The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, etc)...

So I expect next year we'll see the show re-branded and look forward to tripe such as 'The Rise of Poppy Hill' and 'Season 2: Dawn of the Super-Ghost...'

soup likes this.
    soup and Browny like this.
  5. Don't get too excited, rumors doing the round netflix are going to axe the series after season 2. **** b/s if true after finally getting something worthy(not cringe worthy movies) based on the punisher.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  6. Allo

Allo NRL Player

So just tried to watch the new B99 ep through SBS on demand, and it seems they’ve used the repeat-syndication trick of slightly speeding everything up. It sounds pitched up and it’s **** terrible. Had to stop 3 mins in

7. Got a mate who I've been trying to convince to watch GoT for at least 4 years, finally got him on to it this holidays, he's punched out 3 seasons in less than a week so far and is loving it, haha.

Wish I could go back and re-watch it for the first time again, so bloody good.

9. Morkel

Morkel

Still haven't watched a single minute of it.

Okay, maybe I've seen a few short 10 - 20 second... um... high beams, I mean highlights.

Nashy likes this.
  10. Alec

Alec International Rep

I wish I could forget the last 4 or so seasons and be able to think its a good show again.

11. Last I watched was when Tyrion killed his father and the hooker, his speech at his trial was so epic.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    Harry Sack likes this.
  12. ningnangnong

ningnangnong HACK THE PLANET!!!

I put it off until last year (well, I guess I mean 2017). Binged through it so **** quickly.

Why did it take me so long?!

**** it's a good show.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    Unbreakable likes this.
  13. You didn't like seasons 4-7? That's a hot take, essentially everyone I know has enjoyed the latest seasons as much, if not more than the first few. I'm with them, I can't even pinpoint my least favourite / most favourite season, everyone one of them has so many great moments.

14. Every season has been seriously top class. Probably the best show I've ever watched, now I'm no TV buff who has watched hundreds of shows but it's seriously art.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  15. Dash

Dash NRL Player

Brisbane
    While I'll agree that the quality of story telling has dropped a little since they moved past the books, I reckon that's only moved it from a Top 3 show of all time to Top 5.

The books are having the same problem in switchings genres from a complex political drama to a traditional fantasy epic. George Martin still can't work out how to do it and he's had 20 years.

Harry Sack likes this.
  16. This. The last few seasons you can really tell that they don't have the completed books to go off and as such the story has suffered, but it's still one of the best shows on TV IMO.

17. broncos4life

broncos4life International Rep

**** you, Shane.

Harry Sack likes this.