TV Show Thread

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
27.4° S, 153.0° E
Black Mirror: Bandersnatch was a pretty enjoyable experience, can't go in to too much detail without spoiling it, but if you've enjoyed other Black Mirror stuff, you'll definitely like this.

soup

State of Origin Rep
Black Mirror: Bandersnatch was a pretty enjoyable experience, can't go in to too much detail without spoiling it, but if you've enjoyed other Black Mirror stuff, you'll definitely like this.
Tried to have a gander but couldn’t stream from my phone due to it being an interactive film. Very keen. Might try on the non-iOS tablet later tonight.

CaptainHook

NRL Player
The Haunting of Hill House.

It's a good'un.

Wonderful characters and a superb story.

It told a compelling tale from beginning, middle to end.

No season 2 or prequels!

I really hope the higher-ups at Netflix and the show's producers show some restraint... If they let it simmer and grow old gracefully it might become one of the best shows ever made.

I know it goes against the grain in this entertainment wasteland we're living in where you have to milk a promising show to the death (Lost, The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, etc)...

So I expect next year we'll see the show re-branded and look forward to tripe such as 'The Rise of Poppy Hill' and 'Season 2: Dawn of the Super-Ghost...'

Allo

NRL Captain
So just tried to watch the new B99 ep through SBS on demand, and it seems they’ve used the repeat-syndication trick of slightly speeding everything up. It sounds pitched up and it’s fucking terrible. Had to stop 3 mins in

GCBRONCO

International Rep
Gold Coast
Got a mate who I've been trying to convince to watch GoT for at least 4 years, finally got him on to it this holidays, he's punched out 3 seasons in less than a week so far and is loving it, haha.

Wish I could go back and re-watch it for the first time again, so bloody good.

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
Got a mate who I've been trying to convince to watch GoT for at least 4 years, finally got him on to it this holidays, he's punched out 3 seasons in less than a week so far and is loving it, haha.

Still haven't watched a single minute of it.

Okay, maybe I've seen a few short 10 - 20 second... um... high beams, I mean highlights.

Alec

International Rep

I wish I could forget the last 4 or so seasons and be able to think its a good show again.

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!

I put it off until last year (well, I guess I mean 2017). Binged through it so fucking quickly.

Why did it take me so long?!

**** it's a good show.

Last edited:

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
27.4° S, 153.0° E
I wish I could forget the last 4 or so seasons and be able to think its a good show again.
You didn't like seasons 4-7? That's a hot take, essentially everyone I know has enjoyed the latest seasons as much, if not more than the first few. I'm with them, I can't even pinpoint my least favourite / most favourite season, everyone one of them has so many great moments.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Every season has been seriously top class. Probably the best show I've ever watched, now I'm no TV buff who has watched hundreds of shows but it's seriously art.

Last edited:

Dash

NRL Player
Brisbane
While I'll agree that the quality of story telling has dropped a little since they moved past the books, I reckon that's only moved it from a Top 3 show of all time to Top 5.

The books are having the same problem in switchings genres from a complex political drama to a traditional fantasy epic. George Martin still can't work out how to do it and he's had 20 years.

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
While I'll agree that the quality of story telling has dropped a little since they moved past the books, I reckon that's only moved it from a Top 3 show of all time to Top 5.
This. The last few seasons you can really tell that they don't have the completed books to go off and as such the story has suffered, but it's still one of the best shows on TV IMO.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter