TV Show Thread

Kimlo

International Captain
Brisbane
- Person who unironically enjoys Fear the Walking Dead
I like Fear The Walking Dead although the last season or two has been pretty trash, while this season of The Walking Dead has finally got to being a good TV show again.

It's like they both can't be good seasons at once.

Dash

NRL Player
Brisbane
Fear the Walking Dead sucked, then was good, then really good. Then the show runner who fucked The Walking Dead switched shows and turned it into a joke.

Which is why TWD is suddenly good again Kimlo broncospwn.

Last edited:

Super Freak

International Captain
Brisbane
Okay, you're going to have to list them, because I can't think of any.
Yeah, just watch those everything wrong with GoT videos. That will show just how sloppy it is. The constant mistakes, especially in the timeline.

But the biggest problem being the choice of cast. I'm guessing they just hired the first person that rocked up? Some of it they got right, most of it they didn't.

Who decided to give Sophie Turner a role? That boring bitch..

This is from HBO, who delivered us Band of Brothers, now come up with this sloppy drivel that wouldn't have lasted that long if it didn't have tits and a lot of violence.

Dash

NRL Player
Brisbane
Yeah, just watch those everything wrong with GoT videos. That will show just how sloppy it is. The constant mistakes, especially in the timeline.

But the biggest problem being the choice of cast. I'm guessing they just hired the first person that rocked up? Some of it they got right, most of it they didn't.

This is from HBO, who delivered us Band of Brothers, now come up with this sloppy drivel that wouldn't have lasted that long if it didn't have tits and a lot of violence.
I'll give you Sophie Turner, but that's the trouble with child actors.

I'm going to have to watch these videos. Later seasons have used a fair bit of 'fast travel', but I can't recall any sloppy timelines.

Unbreakable

International Rep
27.4° S, 153.0° E

Without doubt the silliest thing I've ever seen you post.

For starters, watching a YouTube video designed to point out a shows flaws doesn't mean you suddenly have an informed and valid opinion on it, it'd be a different story if you'd actually watched the show from start to finish and had this opinion, but that's just crap mate.

Secondly, as someone who's read the books I think the casting is one of the main reasons the show has worked so well, even down to the characters who only appear in very limited episodes like Balon Greyjoy & Oberyn Martell, they were exactly as I envisioned them being when I was reading the books a year or two before the show started. I think most people who've read the books would agree that the casting has been absolute top tier for the most part. The Hound, Tywin Lannister, Stannis Baratheon, Mance Rayder, etc, all absolutely incredible casting choices.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but just finished watching handmaid's tale.. Wow, bloody good show! Thought it was a feminine/girl power type show so was hesitant to watch it but wow it is good. Its not a show that makes you smile that's for sure but it's scary how despite it being so far from current reality, you could actually see something similar happening (crazy government/religious takeover/oppression through public fear, manipulation and control). Its political commentary is eerily close to a lot of modern day topics despite it being a far fetched dystopia.

To give people an idea of what shows I normally watch before shutting down or taking on my opinion this is my top 10 dramas TV shows of all time...

1. Breaking bad
2. Game of thrones
3. Westworld
4. The wire
5. Peaky blinders
6. The last kingdom
7. Vikings
8. Taboo
9. Better call saul
10. Black sails

The handmaid's tale has probably snuck into number 3 there. Its damn good...

Alec

International Rep
Not sure if this has been mentioned but just finished watching handmaid's tale.. Wow, bloody good show! Thought it was a feminine/girl power type show so was hesitant to watch it but wow it is good. Its not a show that makes you smile that's for sure but it's scary how despite it being so far from current reality, you could actually see something similar happening (crazy government/religious takeover/oppression through public fear, manipulation and control). Its political commentary is eerily close to a lot of modern day topics despite it being a far fetched dystopia.

To give people an idea of what shows I normally watch before shutting down or taking on my opinion this is my top 10 dramas TV shows of all time...

1. Breaking bad
2. Game of thrones
3. Westworld
4. The wire
5. Peaky blinders
6. The last kingdom
7. Vikings
8. Taboo
9. Better call saul
10. Black sails

The handmaid's tale has probably snuck into number 3 there. Its damn good...
Should watch The Shield if you haven't yet.

soup

State of Origin Rep
Really enjoyed DC Titans on Netflix. Don’t wanna say too much and spoil it.

Last edited:

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Brisvegas
The Last Kingdom ..... any watchers out there ?

A friend and i were talking about Vikings and she mentioned this as a similar type series that i might like also

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter