TV Show Thread

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Harry Sack, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus NRL Player

Yep.....it's good.....3 Seasons so far.......very much worth the watch.

jarro65 likes this.
  2. 2 episodes into the second season of The Punisher and it's looking promising.

3. holdzy89

holdzy89 NRL Captain

Anyone watched the new True Detective?

4. broncos4life

broncos4life International Rep

Yeah mate, real good. If you like Vikings you will enjoy it. I don’t feel it is quiet as good as Vikings but not far off.

jarro65 likes this.
  5. Smartseal

Smartseal QCup Player

Yeah, looks promising, more in the vein of the 1st season imo.

soup and holdzy89 like this.
  6. holdzy89

holdzy89 NRL Captain

Awesome, will give it a watch. Ali is fantastic.

7. soup

soup State of Origin Rep

Yeah, powered through four episodes this arvo. I really love this show for what it is.

8. Nearing the end of season 2 and a worthy follow up season just hoping this show doesn't go the way other marvel series have gone on netflix.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    soup likes this.
  9. soup

soup State of Origin Rep

I loved the first season and the second hasn’t disappointed me so far, though the format/plot is almost a carbon copy of the first. Still loving it.

10. Just picked up season one of The Wire today for $1.50 from trusty Cex, keen to give it a shot over the weekend having no idea what to expect.

11. soup

soup State of Origin Rep

Don’t expect too much at first. It’s a very slow but excellent burn with terrific character development. Many people give up far too soon.

12. Agreed though in the end I don't think it has any real great negative effect on the season overall.

13. ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak NRL Captain

Netflix has a good doco on the Fyre Festival running at the moment. It’s real car crash type stuff - talk about getting your capabilities mixed up with your ambitions.

14. broncos4life

Thanks mate I will have to check that out, what's it called?

I listened to a podcast on the Fyre Festival and clusterfuck is the only way I could describe it.

15. ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak NRL Captain

It's called "Fyre, the Greatest Party That Never Happened".

16. broncos4life

Thanks mate, can't wait.

ivanhungryjak likes this.
  17. They're making a movie prequel to the Sopranos.

18. currently watching Rake on Netflix. Feel ashamed that there's been this great Aussie show out there for 5 or 6 years and I'm only just finding out about it.

“What do you mean ‘What use is it’? It's poetry, you knucklehead. It has only one use, and that's pulling chicks.”
    Cleaver Greene

soup likes this.
  19. soup

soup State of Origin Rep

Excellent show!

20. holdzy89

holdzy89 NRL Captain

Man it’s hard to get a reading on the new season of True Detective. Two eps left and unless there is some big twist relating to subverting what we have seen already, it feels a bit pointless. Some Twin Peaks vibes, which is good.

bb_gun likes this.