TV Show Thread

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Harry Sack, Oct 28, 2015.

It’s been going downhill each season IMO.

I thought season 1 was excellent. Season 2 was good but it wasn’t great and I didn’t like some of the cast choices and it hasn’t quite improved with season 3.

1. holdzy89

holdzy89 NRL Captain

Season one was just freakishly good - it will never live up to that again. I’ve enjoyed Ali’s performance but this season feels thin.

2. Alec

Alec International Rep

Take out Colin Farrell, and S2 would have been complete shit IMO. He was really good. I'm not planning to watch S3 until it's finished, but I'm hearing it's just been a snoozefest so far, 3/4 of the way it.

3. holdzy89

holdzy89 NRL Captain

Russian Doll on Netflix. Pleasantly surprised. I dodge a lot of Netflix Originals because of the length, I don’t have time for ten to twelve hour shows constantly with repetitive formats. This one has a lot to chew on, it’s witty, beautifully shot and acted. Bit of a Twin Peaks vibe (Odessa, anyone?). Loved it.

4. Thelmus

Thelmus QCup Player

i loved "night flyers". It really combined psychological horror and sci fi well, building up the terror. It takes a good story to hold your interest when the violence and death of most of the main characters is dished out in the 1st episode. It also had a bit of a "what if" feel to it (plus there's a few aussies in the cast) Not up there with "fringe" (my all time favourite) but its still really good. I also watched "hill house" and enjoyed that too. A purposeful horror story, where the scares carry the story. Clever writing.

5. Dash

Dash NRL Player

Brisbane
    I'm really enjoying The Umbrella Academy on Netflix so far. Bit of an oddball superhero story.

whykickamoocow likes this.
  6. Allo

Allo NRL Player

What is it with melodramatic CW teen shows like the OC, Gossip Girl and now Riverdale that are just so weirdly addictive? *hands in man card*

7. soup

soup State of Origin Rep

All three of these suggestions have been excellent!

Yep, @Allo@Allo. Your man card has been suspended.

8. Allo

Allo NRL Player

[​IMG]

In my defence, they all cast total smokeshows

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    soup likes this.
  9. Don't forget former Smokeshows either...

[​IMG]

That's the extent of my Riverdale knowledge, I swear!

Harry Sack likes this.
  10. Browny

Browny State of Origin Captain

Drunk
    Get on DC Titans then. Punisher level violence and decent adult themes

Dash, Cult3 and soup like this.
  11. soup

soup State of Origin Rep

Been there, done that and totally agree! Love Robin!

12. Cult3

Cult3 State of Origin Captain

Really enjoyed it as well. I needed a good DC show to eventually replace Gotham and the Flash/Arrow/Supergirl all look like cosplay and just plain suck. I think there's two episodes of Doom Patrol out now too

13. Browny

Drunk
    Yeah I dropped off Flash and Legends for the Cosplay vibe as well

14. Sproj

Sproj

Flash is ok, it’s stupid and harmless. Supergirl is too PC and unlikeable as a show. Arrow is sort of in-between. Legends always sucked, though the actor who plays Wally is an Aussie.

Titans and Doom Patrol are the DC version of Marvel’s Netflix shows that have all been cancelled.

Young Justice is back and still really good.

15. Browny

Drunk
    So the missus is on a big Game of Thrones catch up as she just on the bandwagon.

**** me the hold the door scene still gets me

Kimlo and Harry Sack like this.
  16. Sproj

Sproj

Star Wars Resistance.

The first 15 episodes were absolutely terrible, some of the worst TV I've ever seen.

Suddenly, it has started to become good, I mean it looks like it might become REALLY good, even though it isn't yet.

I almost stopped watching it because it was so bad but Clone Wars and Rebels started slowly as well and by the time they finished, they had some episodes that were right up there with the VERY best of the movies. I am thinking I'm gonna be extremely happy I've hung around with this new one...plus Clone Wars is coming back. Huzzah!!

17. Sproj

Sproj

Arrested Development has just has its likely final 8 episodes made available. Twas a lot of fun.

Seasons 1-3 were epically funny.
    Season 4 was terrible.
    Season 5 was really good, while not as good as season 1-3, regained some of the magic.

I liked he progression of this season and the fact it finished on a really dark note. That said, I think this is where they should leave it, let it go on a high as it’s given a lot of good memories now and there isn’t really anything important left untied.

One of the greatest comedies of all time.

18. Did you ever see the remix of Season 4 Sproj? I never got around to watching the whole thing or doing a side by side, but the few episodes I saw held up better than I remembered.

I watched the first few episodes of Season 5 but got distracted, I'll have to pick it back up at some point now that High Maintenance is done for the year.

Purely for curiosity's sake, can I ask why you kept watching it if it's so terrible? I tend to throw the towel in quickly if a movie or tv show isn't doing it for me 'cause I just don't want to waste my time.