TV Show Thread

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Harry Sack, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Browny

Browny State of Origin Captain

Drunk
    90 minutes!!

2. Can't ****' wait.

This season better be insaneeeee

3. broncos4life

broncos4life International Rep

It’s shit and that’s an insult to The Office.

4. mitch222

mitch222 State of Origin Rep

Only an hour first episode is it?

5. Cult3

Cult3 State of Origin Captain

If anyone needs a refresher

Kimlo likes this.
  6. mitch222

I’ll give you all the refresher you need
    Jon Snow = the king in da mofo north

Browny likes this.
  7. broncsgoat

broncsgoat NRL Player

I thought the episode was pretty good. Some of the reunions were a little underwhelming though.

8. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay QCup Player

I paused it about 40 minutes in to answer a phone call and didn't remember that I was mid-way through watching it for over an hour. I wish they'd stop wasting time and budget with CGI dragon scenes. They have the money to do a shot-for-shot remake of Aladdin's 'A Whole New World' but not enough money for any locations outside King's Landing and the North. I'm worried that all the minor characters are just going to revert to being generic lackeys or advisors to Cersei, Jon or Daenerys, then we'll get 2 or 3 episodes that are just the battle, then a very rushed 20 minute flurry of actual plot to end the series.

9. This was an enjoyable watch if you fellow Parks & Rec lovers haven't already seen it. @ningnangnong@ningnangnong @Sproj@Sproj

ningnangnong and Sproj like this.
  10. Tom

Tom State of Origin Rep

Cobra Kai season 2 out soon. I'll be watching. Go Johnny! Anyone else watch season 1?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  11. Sproj

Sproj

YEEHEEEEEE!!

bb_gun likes this.
  12. bb_gun

bb_gun NRL Player

Yes, that is the correct verbal response upon watching that clip. It's gunna be good!

Sproj likes this.
  13. mitch222

Loved season 1
    Watched it all in one sitting

Tom likes this.
  14. It looks like everyone is going to get a movie/show about them.

I'll wait for the C3PO one.

15. Can't wait for R2D2 personally.

16. Sproj

Sproj

Well to be fair, Disney did pay a LOT of money for the rights, so makes sense they want to make some off it by killing the mystery of the universe an milking it for every cent it is worth and more.

17. That one sounds good.

I'm also looking forward to the movie about that creature Anakin worked for when he was a kid.

18. Alec

Alec International Rep

Been watching Narcos, a bit into season 1. It originally interested me because of Pedro Pascal, who I thought was the best part of the shitty Kingsman sequel, and also the best part of the latter Game of Thrones seasons, where it just became more and more like weird fan fiction. I think he's also going to be the Mandalorian mentioned here, might turn a typical Disney cash grab into something decent.

But the highlight has definitely been the guy who plays Pablo Escobar, he nails it.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019 at 8:43 PM
    Unbreakable likes this.
  19. Yeah Season 1 & 2 are great, I haven't watched anything post-Escobar.

Season 3 and Mexico are good but they aren't that great. They are both slow building seasons and don't really start picking up until the final few episodes but when they do, they get a lot better and both of them end quite well.

The second season of Narcos: Mexico looks very promising though based on the ending. It looks like shit is going to hit the fan.