TV Show Thread

Whomever is responsible for rushing through and murdering the final season of the best TV series ever made*, should be shot and quartered.

* there are a few other contenders

Last edited:

broncsgoat

NRL Player
Whomever is responsible for rushing through and murdering the final season of the best TV series ever made*, should be shot and quartered.

* there are a few other contenders
The final two seasons. They shouldn’t have deviated from 10 ep seasons.

Ipswich
I suppose it's true the some of us would be disappointed however the series ended but I join the chorus disappointed with what's been offered. Pissweak ending for the incestuous bro and hoe. Don't understand Tyrion's thinking with Varys. Dragon 3 must have received some weapons upgrades! Overall , fair.

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
I don't have that big of a problem with the story arc so far and where I see it going, it's just how quickly it's gotten there. A lot of it just doesn't feel earned.

Allo

NRL Captain

Fucking died when I saw this

Can D&D salvage anything with this last episode? Seeing as it's gone from a great show that surprises you to a turn-your-brain-off summer blockbuster, Jon will be King, Arya will wander the world alone, Dany is Mad Queen, but her fears don't match her actions - not sure her end - maybe banished back to Essos sans Drogon. Or maybe Jon takes her down and dies aswell and Tyrion or Sansa or fucking Gendry end up on the Throne, if it even physically exists still, honestly who knows.

Tyrion continually makes awful decisions, Cersei + Jaime's demise was so terribly done for how both of them have acted in the last 2-3 seasons, and CleganeBowl was dumb. He wasn't fighting his brother, just a giant eye-poking zombie.

Oh and apparently Bronn was a character for 5 minutes this season. So rushed, nothing carries any weight and are now just things that happen one after the other. What a fucking mess

Dash

NRL Player
Brisbane
View attachment 5196

Fucking died when I saw this

Can D&D salvage anything with this last episode? Seeing as it's gone from a great show that surprises you to a turn-your-brain-off summer blockbuster, Jon will be King, Arya will wander the world alone, Dany is Mad Queen, but her fears don't match her actions - not sure her end - maybe banished back to Essos sans Drogon. Or maybe Jon takes her down and dies aswell and Tyrion or Sansa or fucking Gendry end up on the Throne, if it even physically exists still, honestly who knows.

Tyrion continually makes awful decisions, Cersei + Jaime's demise was so terribly done for how both of them have acted in the last 2-3 seasons, and CleganeBowl was dumb. He wasn't fighting his brother, just a giant eye-poking zombie.

Oh and apparently Bronn was a character for 5 minutes this season. So rushed, nothing carries any weight and are now just things that happen one after the other. What a fucking mess
Assuming the leaks are correct (and they have been so far) the ending is even dumber than that.

To go off the Game of Thrones tangent, anyone watch New Amsterdam?

I thought it would be a bland Grey's Anatomy type of smoosh boredom but nope, it is a great show. It deals with relationships sure but it isn't the type of who is in love with who, it is about how the doctors deal with trauma and being a doctor. Excellent acting, really good writing and interesting storylines.

The finale was brilliant TV, goodness me what a roller coaster. I am so glad it has been renewed.

soup

State of Origin Rep
To go off the Game of Thrones tangent, anyone watch New Amsterdam?

I thought it would be a bland Grey's Anatomy type of smoosh boredom but nope, it is a great show. It deals with relationships sure but it isn't the type of who is in love with who, it is about how the doctors deal with trauma and being a doctor. Excellent acting, really good writing and interesting storylines.

The finale was brilliant TV, goodness me what a roller coaster. I am so glad it has been renewed.
I’ve caught a few episodes here and there and it got me in. I’ll be sure to go back and watch it from the beginning.

I’ve caught a few episodes here and there and it got me in. I’ll be sure to go back and watch it from the beginning.
The doctors are all believable, I think that is what makes the show so good but the finale is extremely well done, still haunting me a bit.

I've only just caught up on Got.

Honestly, the rampage makes sense to me. She's always had a cruel streak. She lost a dragon to get Cersei on her side, she was betrayed there and loses her oldest most trusted adviser in the battle. Loses another dragon and sees her next most beloved adviser die.

Yep, the coin flipped the wrong way and the dragon awoke.

I wouldn't be surprised if both Jon and Daenerys died in the final episode.

No more Targaryens. No more Lannisters. No more Tyrrels or Martel. Starks in Winterfell. Baratheon in Storms End. Greyjoy in the Iron Islands. Arryn in the Vale.

Gendry could end up on the Iron Throne.