TV Show Thread

broncos4life

International Rep
Brisbane
Not sure how to feel about it all really. I think my disappointment is largely due to the rushed nature of the season. If that ending had happened after a proper seasons build up, I wouldn't be that mad I don't think. My main issue is the seeming disregard of "the prince that was promised" prophecy. I can't see any way that it has been fulfilled
Yep this was exactly my issues. The whole thing was so rushed and for no need . The content in this last season could have been done over 2 seasons and would probably have actually made sense, at the very least a full 10 episode season.

The bolded just outright pisses me off. The whole series is centred around Jon. We have all this law about Azor Ahai only for fucking Arya to kill the night king with a sweet ninja move. If he wasn’t for Jon all these stupid cunts would be dead yet for all of that he is just back at the fucking wall.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
List of plot holes / inconsistencies that annoyed me -

Jon Snow was brought back to life by the Lord of Light to yell at Dragons, kill the Queen and be banished to the Night's Watch

The whole Jon being a Targaryen and the rightful heir to the throne plotline was wasted and had no impact on anything, the ravens that Varys sent obviously didn't reach anyone important. Jon would've killed Danny whether he knew he was a Targaryen or not, it was literally pointless, it changed nothing about the end result

Bran's warging abilities are completely useless and never utilised once in S8

Arya's faceswapping abilities are completely useless and never utilised once in S8

Arya constantly talks about the family sticking together in S8, the second there's peace in Westeros, she fucks off.

What was the point of the white horse at the end of ep5? Did she ride out on a majestic horse only to ride straight back in and talk to Jon Snow at the start of ep6?

Where did all those Dothraki & Unsullied come from? Didn't a majority of them die during the long night episode? They seemingly grew in numbers after that battle..

Why did Greyworm & the Unsullied keep Jon Snow & Tyrion alive? Tyrion betrayed the Queen and conspired to have her killed, Jon Snow killed her. They should've been, and would've been killed on the spot.

Second to that point, are you telling me not only did Greyworm & the Unsullied keep Jon & Tyrion alive, they kept them fed and watered, sent out ravens to all of the lords of Westeros to organise a fair sentencing?? Does that really seem like something they would do? They literally just slaughtered an entire kingdom of innocent, unarmed people.

They banish Jon to the Night's Watch, which exists for no reason, to appease the Unsullied, who have already fucked off back to Essos... Why?..

Also, why aren't Greyworm & the Unsullied punished for murdering hundreds of innocent, unarmed men?

Jaime & Cersei would've been fine if they stood a few metres to the right, by the way, despite last episode the entire roof collapsing on that enclosed area.

Bran the Broken, really? You couldn't come up with a less insulting name for your new King?

They choose Bronn as Master of Coin? He literally didn't know what a loan was a couple of seasons prior, now he's in charge of funding the rebuild of the entire kingdom? Plausible.

Bran says "Maybe I can find him" in regards to Drogon.. roll credits.. thanks for that

Why does Bran need a Master of Spies? He's Bran, he can see everything that's ever happened.. redundant much?

That whole A Song of Ice and Fire gag was so beyond stupid, how could you even begin to tell the story of the Kingdom without mentioning Tyrion once? He is literally the only man that's been involved in all parts of the world and involved in all the main plot points, that was just a cheap attempt at humour that wasn't even thought out properly. In fact that entire King's Council scene felt like something out of a sitcom, I'm surprised there wasn't a laugh track

Brienne slams the book shut without letting the ink dry, also puts her hand on the page, COMMON SENSE BE DAMNED

I'm sure there's plenty more, that's just off the top of my head.

bb_gun

NRL Player
I'll go The Americans first. Comedy-wise I'm rewatching the Larry Sanders show, not sure if anyone remembers that though.

What did you think of GoT ending?
I watch the entirety of The Larry Sanders show every couple of years, it's one of the best comedy shows of all time and just seems to improve with age. Gotta love Hank Kingsley!

Galah

QCup Player
Brisbane

Jon Snow was brought back to life by the Lord of Light to yell at Dragons, kill the Queen and be banished to the Night's Watch

Arya's faceswapping abilities are completely useless and never utilised once in S8

Arya constantly talks about the family sticking together in S8, the second there's peace in Westeros, she fucks off.

What was the point of the white horse at the end of ep5? Did she ride out on a majestic horse only to ride straight back in and talk to Jon Snow at the start of ep6?

Where did all those Dothraki & Unsullied come from? Didn't a majority of them die during the long night episode? They seemingly grew in numbers after that battle..

Why did Greyworm & the Unsullied keep Jon Snow & Tyrion alive? Tyrion betrayed the Queen and conspired to have her killed, Jon Snow killed her. They should've been, and would've been killed on the spot.

Second to that point, are you telling me not only did Greyworm & the Unsullied keep Jon & Tyrion alive, they kept them fed and watered, sent out ravens to all of the lords of Westeros to organise a fair sentencing?? Does that really seem like something they would do? They literally just slaughtered an entire kingdom of innocent, unarmed people.

They banish Jon to the Night's Watch, which exists for no reason, to appease the Unsullied, who have already fucked off back to Essos... Why?..

Also, why aren't Greyworm & the Unsullied punished for murdering hundreds of innocent, unarmed men?

Jaime & Cersei would've been fine if they stood a few metres to the right, by the way, despite last episode the entire roof collapsing on that enclosed area.

Bran the Broken, really? You couldn't come up with a less insulting name for your new King?

They choose Bronn as Master of Coin? He literally didn't know what a loan was a couple of seasons prior, now he's in charge of funding the rebuild of the entire kingdom? Plausible.

Bran says "Maybe I can find him" in regards to Drogon.. roll credits.. thanks for that

Why does Bran need a Master of Spies? He's Bran, he can see everything that's ever happened.. redundant much?

That whole A Song of Ice and Fire gag was so beyond stupid, how could you even begin to tell the story of the Kingdom without mentioning Tyrion once? He is literally the only man that's been involved in all parts of the world and involved in all the main plot points, that was just a cheap attempt at humour that wasn't even thought out properly. In fact that entire King's Council scene felt like something out of a sitcom, I'm surprised there wasn't a laugh track

Brienne slams the book shut without letting the ink dry, also puts her hand on the page, COMMON SENSE BE DAMNED

Nailed it

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep

The whole Jon being a Targaryen and the rightful heir to the throne plotline was wasted and had no impact on anything, the ravens that Varys sent obviously didn't reach anyone important. Jon would've killed Danny whether he knew he was a Targaryen or not, it was literally pointless, it changed nothing about the end result

Nailed it, but I disagree about the Jon Targaryen plot line being pointless. It shaped numerous events in the season. How good was the "Good doggo" pat at the end though? #fanservice. I reckon Tormund is planning to teach him how to root a bear.

I was actually hoping for a bit of mystery at the end. Like, they show Danny's body and her eyes open as white walker blue or something. Obviously that's tongue in cheek, but just something to show why the Nights Watch still exists.

Tom

State of Origin Rep
don't watch but you'd think after the coffee cup they'd be on top of that shit.

Oh well, Braveheart had a car in it. Pirates of the Carribean had a cowboy, Gladiator had a guy in jeans and t-shirt and a gas botlle, Troy had a civilian airliner. Still great movies.

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
don't watch but you'd think after the coffee cup they'd be on top of that shit.

Oh well, Braveheart had a car in it. Pirates of the Carribean had a cowboy, Gladiator had a guy in jeans and t-shirt and a gas botlle, Troy had a civilian airliner. Still great movies.
Wasn't that Ben Hur?

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
Haven't seen it mentioned, but the new HBO show Chernobyl is phenomenal so far. Extremely high quality.

I like the fact that they didn't bother attempting to have actors do cheap Russian accents or have the entire thing subtitled, they just have them use their normal accents, it allows the actors to give better performances in my opinion.

Jared Harris has been exceptional so far, as he is in pretty much everything.

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
Haven't seen it mentioned, but the new HBO show Chernobyl is phenomenal so far. Extremely high quality.

I like the fact that they didn't bother attempting to have actors do cheap Russian accents or have the entire thing subtitled, they just have them use their normal accents, it allows the actors to give better performances in my opinion.

Jared Harris has been exceptional so far, as he is in pretty much everything.
What's it on, Netflix, Stan, Foxtel?

BroncosAlways

NRL Player
Home
Definitely worth sticking with, the first 5 or so seasons are fantastic and well worth it. It started to decline from season 7 onwards and this last season was absolute dogshit compared to it’s high standards but definitely worth watching. It’s too the point the just need to wrap it up but it seems they are intent on squeezing every last bit out of the lemon.
Update -
Midway through season 2, really enjoying it so far.

Some characters are starting to make my blood boil at the sight of them though but that could be just me getting too into it.. Can't believe I didn't get into this earlier!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter