TV Show Thread

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
27.4° S, 153.0° E
Finished Chernobyl yesterday, exceptional show. It's currently the highest rated TV show of all time on IMDB, and I don't think it'll dip too much over time. Some of the best writing and acting I've seen on TV.

Jared Harris man, might be my favourite actor right now, I've loved him ever since Mad Men. Hope he gets the Emmy, he really deserves it.

Mustafur

QCup Player
Shitney
Not sure where to put it, but someone is playing funny buggers on Turpins Wiki saying he is from the Inbetweeners lol

I'm assuming Jay: 5730

Last edited:

Alec

International Rep
I've been watching The Expanse. It's really enjoyable. The first season was a bit slow (but Tom Jane was great in it), like a long introduction to everything, and it felt different to the next 2, which have mostly been a non-stop thrill ride. The story seems really building towards something great. Looking forward to the 4th and hopefully onwards, there are plenty of books it's based on, I think.

Last edited:

soup

State of Origin Rep
I've been watching The Expanse. It's really enjoyable. The first season was a bit slow (but Tom Jane was great in it), like a long introduction to everything, and it felt different to the next 2, which have mostly been a non-stop thrill ride. The story seems really building towards something great. Looking forward to the 4th and hopefully onwards, there are plenty of books it's based on, I think.
Yeah, I’m also a big fan and can’t wait for it come back. Took me a bit to get into the universe, but after half a season, I was well hooked.

Allo

NRL Captain
‘Great News’ - Fun silly comedy on Netflix. Tina Fey project that went for two seasons before cancellation. Stars Briga Heelan, who is really funny and a bit of a stunner, but for some reason can’t land a show that stays on the air.

Basic premise is she’s a producer at a cable news show (with obligatory eccentric employees) and her helicopter-parent mother starts working there as an intern. Hijinks ensue

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
27.4° S, 153.0° E
Finished Mindhunter season 2 about 2 days after it was released, I love that show, probably my favourite on TV at the moment, can't wait for Season 3 (Hopefully Fincher gets straight on it)

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
‘Great News’ - Fun silly comedy on Netflix. Tina Fey project that went for two seasons before cancellation. Stars Briga Heelan, who is really funny and a bit of a stunner, but for some reason can’t land a show that stays on the air.

Basic premise is she’s a producer at a cable news show (with obligatory eccentric employees) and her helicopter-parent mother starts working there as an intern. Hijinks ensue
I tried it when it first came out, just couldn’t get into it. I found it pretty slow and boring, no charm at all.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
I've been watching 'The Boys' another Garth Ennis (Preacher) adaptation about a directionless 20-something who is working for this group of renegades after his girlfriend was inadverently killed by their version of the avengers. There's been plenty of super-hero satires over the years, yet I find this one interesting because it uses the genre to explore ideas like the duality of being a celebrity and the insincerity that comes along with it. Plus, it's just really funny. Karl Urban steals every scene he's in and I can't get enough of Homelander either. It's like having Patrick Bateman as a super-hero.

Caught Chris Lilley's new show Lunatics. I didn't hear anything about it, I just looked him up to see if he was working on anything and was surprised to hear this show had been out for months. It's more of the same and while it pales in comparison to his earlier works, there's an authenticity to his comedy that's shockingly rare.

I've been working through Black Mirror as well. Since it's an anthology series, I find myself jumping from different seasons. I started with Season 3, got up to the movie and got stuck into Season 1, then jumped to 5 and recently watched through Episodes 1, 3 and the movie from Season 2. It's one of those rare shows that not only lives up to the hype but exceeds it.

I'm curious for fans of the show, what's your favourite Black Mirror episode? For me, 15 Million Merits was the one that moved me the most.

soup

State of Origin Rep
The robotic bees episode, the mother who implanted the spying device in her daughter, and the robotic dogs one. But really, I love 90% of the episodes. I was also disturbed by the 15 million merits episode.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter