TV Show Thread

GCBRONCO

International Rep
Gold Coast
I think for a pilot/opening episode it was short which probably didn't help the plot, still I think there was enough there for it to develop as the series progresses particularly the guild and the final scene.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Star Wars has become really good at giving their robots character and making their people act like robots.

GCBRONCO

International Rep
Gold Coast
Droids etc always tended to have personalities of their own in Star Wars, I do agree with you on the humanoids though. The main character is a bounty hunter and comes across similar to Boba Fett, cold etc. Will have to wait and see as the season unfolds.

Last edited:

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Droids etc always tended to have personalities of their own in Star Wars, I do agree with you on the humanoids though. The main character is a bounter hunter and comes across similar to Boba Fett, cold etc. Will have to wait and see as the season unfolds.
Agreed, it certainly looks to have excellent potential. Now on to Mandalorian spoilers:

1. Do you think the baby at the end was a relative of Yoda?
2. What time period is this exactly set - is it post episode 6 and before episode 7?
3. The 'I have spoken' guy, was he the one shooting that big gun in the ok coral scene? I was confused about that.
4. What was the point of the beast ride training scene?
5. Was it showing what storm troopers did after the empire collapsed? Just become hired guns or was Herzog's character tied to the First Order?
6. Was the baby related to Snoke? The Emperor?

I really liked the robot, I was kind of bummed they killed him off at the end.

GCBRONCO

International Rep
Gold Coast
Now on to Mandalorian spoilers:

1. Do you think the baby at the end was a relative of Yoda?
I think so, Yoda was very old when Luke first met him, 50 is nothing so it's obviously a baby, why they want it dead will be interesting.

2. What time period is this exactly set - is it post episode 6 and before episode 7?
It's set after the Empire fell, so yes it's set between 6 and 7.

3. The 'I have spoken' guy, was he the one shooting that big gun in the ok coral scene? I was confused about that. No it wasn't, that humanoid was taller and a different species.

4. What was the point of the beast ride training scene?
To teach the Mandalorian that his guild used to tame and ride great beasts, he should be able to handle himself with lesser ones like this.

5. Was it showing what storm troopers did after the empire collapsed? Just become hired guns or was Herzog's character tied to the First Order?

My understanding is the Empire still kept going despite the demise of the second death star, the Emporer and Darth Vader. During that time some storm troopers stayed loyal to the empire, others left and saught out other lines of work.

6. Was the baby related to Snoke? The Emperor?
Not sure tbh but I'm thinking it will be important to the plot.

I really liked the robot, I was kind of bummed they killed him off at the end.
Agreed, It's funny how he doesn't like droids, I would have liked to have seen the two work together in the future. I'm feeling we will learn later on why he doesn't like them.

GCBRONCO

International Rep
Gold Coast
One thing I noticed when the Mandalorian went to find out about his high paying job is the guy that hired him had the Empire symbol on his clothes, it's clear that either someone in the Empire or the Empire itself fears this being that is the same of Yoda probably because Yoda was made purely of the force, the last thing they might need is it becoming a Jedi later on

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
One thing I noticed when the Mandalorian went to find out about his high paying job is the guy that hired him had the Empire symbol on his clothes, it's clear that either someone in the Empire or the Empire itself fears this being that is the same of Yoda probably because Yoda was made purely of the force, the last thing they might need is it becoming a Jedi later on
Yes, I noticed the empire symbol on the metal that Herzog gave him as well. So it would lead me to think it is possible that the emperor/Snoke looking for this kid out of fear / is an emperor spawn and those guys protecting it are in some way connected to the rebels / force.

Would love to see some lightsabre action in this at some point.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Second time around I noticed the reference to life day.................the star wars holiday special lol they went there.
Do you think this new yoda might link in to episode 9? I was just thinking, this baby would be about 80 by the time that movie roles around wouldn't it?

GCBRONCO

International Rep
Gold Coast
Do you think this new yoda might link in to episode 9? I was just thinking, this baby would be about 80 by the time that movie roles around wouldn't it?

Age wise I think that would be right. As for episode 9 it's quite possible particularly if Palpatine still exists or a way to bring it back as its existence maybe utilised. the Jedi Yaddle who was also the same race as Yodi disappeared and there are rumours going around that maybe the baby is hers. The scientist definitely wanted it for study which could be further evidence of a link to Palpatine.

Given Yoda achieved Jedi Master at age 100, perhaps they see this one as a genuine threat should it become a Jedi.

Last edited:

Jason Simmons

NRL Player
Watching the Game Changer on Netflix...

Scientific? Not really... About as scientific as Climate ‘Science.’

Plus the list of ‘vegan champions’ isn’t exactly stellar...

Tom

State of Origin Rep
Was watching SP earlier today. Got me thinking of my alltime favourite celebrity appearances.
1. Mel Gibson.
2. Kanye West.
3. Russell Crowe
4. Michael Jackson
5. .....? probably Lorde.

Last edited:

GCBRONCO

International Rep
Gold Coast
jennifer lopez has got to be there. The whole Ben Afflick relationship with Cartman's hand puppet of Lopez was classic. Richard Dawkins is another classic one where he dates Garrison after his sex change and is having sex when cartman calls from the future and asks for Mr Garrison and Dawkins finds out and vommits.

Last edited:

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
There's just too many. I loved the Tom Cruise closet episode, Kanye, Mel Gibson, Lopez.....the list is just too long.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter