TV Show Thread

Smartseal

QCup Player
The Mandalorian episode 3 - now it’s getting real! What an epic!! This show is fantastic.
Do you need to be a star wars fan or have watched the movies? Or does it stand on it's own? Will admit to not being a SW fan, but always on the lookout for a good series

GCBRONCO

International Rep
Gold Coast
You don't need to have watched the movies to really enjoy it, sure it references to the movies in some things but it's not like you have to have seen every movie or be a hardcore fan to follow it. 3 episodes in and we haven't even seen a Jedi or Sith.

Last edited:

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
You don't need to have watched the movies to really enjoy it, sure it references to the movies in some things but it's not like you have to have seen every movie or be a hardcore fan to follow it. 3 episodes in and we haven't even seen a Jedi or Sith.

...or have we.

GCBRONCO

International Rep
Gold Coast
...or have we.
Oh you mean Master Jedi Apollo Creed😉
Well yeah the baby yoda like creature does have force powers but isn't remotely close to a jedi or sith. None of the other characters so far have shown or hinted as being force users. I reckon if we see them in this season it will be episode 7 and/or 8

Last edited:

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
The Walking Dead.

Well they seem to have got themselves into a bit of a pickle. No problem though, they could just cover themselves in walker guts, perhaps make themselves a mask, and walk right on out of there.

Apparently the whisperers can have conversations amongst walkers if they are wearing a mask, so I don't see why the group can't just do that to get themselves out of the cave.

On another note, Gabriel going all psycho. I like that. The group could have saved themselves so much trouble if they just skipped the whole questioning and reasoning part and just skip to the execution.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I've said it before and I'll say it again, this season of Mr Robot is just crazy good.

It's a fucking masterpiece IMO. I've loved Malek's acting in this show, and even Slater's acting when he's never really been known as a great actor.

I've liked the direction they have been going this season. I imagine things will be changing up soon but with this season being a 13 episode season, I wouldn't expect it to happen straight away.

There is a theory going around that Mr Robot is actually two different people. Look at Mr Robot's personanility with the hat on, and then look at it with the hat off. It's like two completely different people.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Mr Robot.

I actually wouldn't have been unhappy if that was the ending. I was wondering how it could possibly end well, I guess that's a pretty good start. Take their money and watch them crumble.

Although did anyone else think that was a little too easy? You would think someone like Whiterose would be much harder to take down.

Interesting to hear his comments regarding Angela still being alive. According to Portia Doubleday, the actress that plays Angela, she is really dead. However, there is a theory going around that the machine Whiterose is building is actually a time machine and that when Whiterose told Angela she would be reunited with her mother, that's what he was referring to.

I don't believe it, and I think it would ruin the show if that was actually the case. But I guess in a way it would make sense if that's the machine Whiterose was trying to build given his obsession with time.

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
I'm really, really, really sorry. As fun as it is to have a live action Star Wars series, The Mandalorian is just way too slow. I get that they don't want it to be a fast-paced shoot-em-up, they want to show that this guy is different and they're not all like Bobba Fett, but we're 4 episodes in now and I feel like the entire story so far could have been condensed in to a single episode. It's literally been 4 check-boxes. One - do his job and find a mark. Two - escape the planet. Three - go against his mantra and rescue his mark. Four - show further compassion by saving a defenceless group.

Visually it's sublime, and yes it's really fleshing out the main character, but it just feels like it's moving at such a slow pace. There have been a few series where in each episode, nothing much happens until right at the end of the episode and it's like "wow, what's next", then the next episode has a pissy anti-climax, stumbles through with nothing else again, then BANG, watch again next episode to see what happens! I'm worried that this whole season will be this - nothing much happens for all 8 episodes and then right at the end shit will go down and everyone will be "OmG cAn'T waIT FoR SeaSoN 2 !!1!1!!".

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
I'm really, really, really sorry. As fun as it is to have a live action Star Wars series, The Mandalorian is just way too slow. I get that they don't want it to be a fast-paced shoot-em-up, they want to show that this guy is different and they're not all like Bobba Fett, but we're 4 episodes in now and I feel like the entire story so far could have been condensed in to a single episode. It's literally been 4 check-boxes. One - do his job and find a mark. Two - escape the planet. Three - go against his mantra and rescue his mark. Four - show further compassion by saving a defenceless group.

Visually it's sublime, and yes it's really fleshing out the main character, but it just feels like it's moving at such a slow pace. There have been a few series where in each episode, nothing much happens until right at the end of the episode and it's like "wow, what's next", then the next episode has a pissy anti-climax, stumbles through with nothing else again, then BANG, watch again next episode to see what happens! I'm worried that this whole season will be this - nothing much happens for all 8 episodes and then right at the end shit will go down and everyone will be "OmG cAn'T waIT FoR SeaSoN 2 !!1!1!!".
Do you feel that way because ep 4 was a bit of a filler ep? I was a bit disappointed with it too. I thought the build up from 1 to the climax of 3 was great. 4 was a bit meh for sure but let’s see where 5 takes us.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Very cool episode! Don't post spoilers without spoiler tags, so...

TATOOINE!!!!! And who...was...that?

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
Very cool episode! Don't post spoilers without spoiler tags, so...

TATOOINE!!!!! And who...was...that?
That's the thing. Not much happens. But they throw in Tatooine. And then a half second grab so people go "OOOOOOOOOHHHH!!!!".

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
That's the thing. Not much happens. But they throw in Tatooine. And then a half second grab so people go "OOOOOOOOOHHHH!!!!".
Well there’s a spoiler. Put it in spoiler tags bro.

Yeah look, there was an interesting video on YouTube I watched where a guy posed the question of is this show genuinely really good or just really good because Disney Star Wars has been pretty underwhelming in general. It’s a poignant question.

My take is:

Ep. 1 - necessary world building / character introduction
Ep. 2 - Story building and pretty good progression
Ep. 3 - Excellent
Ep. 4 - Pretty boring to be honest
Ep. 5 - Lots of nostalgia and whether it was good or not now depends on what happens next.

Broncapz

QCup Player
Episdode 4 of the Mandalorian was trash. Worse then anything GoT season 8 served up.
The action sequences were a joke, and it was like an episode of Xena. I hope whoever directed it never gets behind the camera for Mandelorian again.

The other episodes have been great quality. Might be slow for some people, but I enjoy being able to soak in the great scenes and music.

Last edited:

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
Hands down, the thing that's killing the Mandalorian for me is the 30min episodes. The **** is up with that? There is a good series here IMO but it somehow manages to seem slow and rushed at the same time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter