TV Show Thread

Aldo

NRL Player
New South Wails
Thanks, that took time to do. I'd say I've seen70~75% of them. I'll be sure to give the others a few episodes each to hook me. Appreciate your efforts.

If I was advising someone, including the ones I've seen on your list, just going off the top of my head I'd add some to the list.

Both the Offices, Extras,Episodes, the West Wing,Shameless ,House ****, the list could be dare it say, Huge! Hadn't even thought about Red Dwarf and the science fiction world yet...
Have a crack at Justified. First season is a bit slow but Season 2 onwards are awesome. One of my favourites. All about the Dixie Mafia and some great characters in it.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
Alec did an awesome job of summarising Twin Peaks, the only point I would like to add is that it has a really strong pilot, so you can make a pretty fair assessment on the show from the first episode alone.

I'd at least recommend watching the first two episodes since the second starts to introduce the elements that seperate it from other crime shows.

I'm always curious to hear different takes on Twin Peaks.

Last edited:

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
Watched one and a half episodes, ( fucking robots kept fucking up ) last shift and the music set the tone from the outset. The acting from some was a little artificial, you know the dry eyed face pulling representing grief from the mum and the best friend over Laura's death and the weird James Dean/John Travolta over reaction from the boyfriend but no matter.

Looks like a great watch and appreciate the recommendation. Like the quirky fbi character.
Alec did an awesome job of summarising Twin Peaks, the only point I would like to add is that it has a really strong pilot, so you can make a pretty fair assessment on the show from the first episode alone.

I'd at least recommend watching the first two episodes since the second starts to introduce the elements that seperate it from other crime shows.

I'm always curious to hear different takes on Twin Peaks.

Alec

International Rep
I get the feeling the Soap Opera tier acting was done on purpose, to make all the characters as quirky as possible.

holdzy89

NRL Captain
There will be more Twin Peaks, I can smell it. Another FWWM style movie would be sweet.

So, Mr. Robot's ending...

Hit and miss for mine.

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
I get the feeling the Soap Opera tier acting was done on purpose, to make all the characters as quirky as possible.
There will be more Twin Peaks, I can smell it. Another FWWM style movie would be sweet.

So, Mr. Robot's ending...

Hit and miss for mine.
Haven't seen the last 5 episodes of Mr Robot yet so I'm going to avoid this thread for a while. Have to admit I liked the drug fuelled weirdo he was in the first series. I wish they had him do some crazy shit to baddies more often rather than just tackling megaconglomerates (if that's a thing) I'd like to have seen him kick some mafiosa thugs, a few drug cartels, a couple paedophile rings, maybe **** with mi5,fbi,cia, Interpol, anyone really.

Last edited:

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
What did you boys think of Mr Robot series finale?

I enjoyed it. It was safe, but also tied up a lot of loose ends. I think the show will have a nice re-watchability with the reveal of the "Elliot" we know being nothing but an extra personality. I feel there's a lot of things in the earlier seasons that will make a lot more sense knowing that. Overall, I feel pretty comfortable saying that s4 of Mr Robot was up there with the best seasons of TV I've ever watched, the cinematography and directing was absolutely second to none, unreal. I look forward to re-watching Mr Robot in full in about 12 months time.

holdzy89

NRL Captain
What did you boys think of Mr Robot series finale?

I enjoyed it. It was safe, but also tied up a lot of loose ends. I think the show will have a nice re-watchability with the reveal of the "Elliot" we know being nothing but an extra personality. I feel there's a lot of things in the earlier seasons that will make a lot more sense knowing that. Overall, I feel pretty comfortable saying that s4 of Mr Robot was up there with the best seasons of TV I've ever watched, the cinematography and directing was absolutely second to none, unreal. I look forward to re-watching Mr Robot in full in about 12 months time.

It just wasn't done right, imo. The whole last twenty minutes felt like some victory lap, pat on the back-a-thon.

In retrospect, all the artsy-fartsy stuff in season four was Sam Esmail getting his kicks while he could. It didn't amount to anything. I didn't share any catharsis in the ending, as many Mr. Robot fans seem to.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Blown away! That was epic. What an amazing first season. I have a theory that the Mandalorian woman (what a cool character) might also be a certain royal sister from the clone wars.

I can’t believe Gideon has the dark sabre!! IG11 stole the show last night, sad he’s gone. And fireproof baby yoda!! I wonder how he’s injured. Can’t wait for season 2. I suspect we might even see Ahsoka, Sabine and/or Ezra and THAT would be super cool!

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
Thank **** they didn't leave it at a cliffhanger. Plenty to go off for future seasons, but that chapter was wrapped up nicely.

Favourite part was the Stormtroopers trying to shoot the tin or whatever while waiting for orders.

holdzy89

NRL Captain
Thank **** they didn't leave it at a cliffhanger. Plenty to go off for future seasons, but that chapter was wrapped up nicely.

Favourite part was the Stormtroopers trying to shoot the tin or whatever while waiting for orders.
One of them was Taika Waititi, he directed the episode. Love that guy.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Waititi was IG11 - the nurse robot.

The shooting at cans was hilarious but I’m still in stitches they couldn’t hit IG11 despite him being 20cm in front of them.
- Merged

Waititi was IG11 - the nurse robot.

The shooting at cans was hilarious but I’m still in stitches they couldn’t hit IG11 despite him being 20cm in front of them.

Last edited:

Jason Simmons

NRL Player
Started watching The Witcher on Netflix, despite the negative reviews.
interesting show. 5 eps in and it’s really starting to kick into high gear...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter